Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackpariah View Post
    So, seeing how he is supposedly based out of Baltimore, do you think Mark is a Ravens Fan?
    I hope he has better taste then that.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I think it was something like "This better not be permanent" and she got mad thinking he was referring to her weight. But, either way, point taken. Still, the whole thought of a baby trap feels really unsavory which has not been something you can associate with their relationship throughout the series so I give the benefit of the doubt until something really happens to make me think otherwise.
    It had nothing to do with her weight...

That reaction came out of no where... this girl is MAD insecure and babytraps are the kind of thing that insecure girls do. Im not saying that I think she got pregnant to trap Mark... but it is possible.
    And if you want to say that its out of character... it really isnt out of character for an insecure girl to do something stupid like that out of the blue.

At this point I cant wait til next issue. Did Eve and Mark have unsafe sex? Did the condom break? Did Eve poke holes in the condom? Is it Zandale's?
    People may feel like "Oh pregnant again"... but it has stirred up talk and it has me wanting to see where this goes

I guess it does create buzz.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    And if you want to say that its out of character... it really isnt out of character for an insecure girl to do something stupid like that out of the blue.
    Insecure girls in general, yes. I'll still argue it's out of character for Eve.

Is it Zandale's?
    Guh, still don't think this makes sense. The baby trap is much more likely.

People may feel like "Oh pregnant again"... but it has stirred up talk and it has me wanting to see where this goes
    Agreed. We never got to see what happened with the first one because Mark went into space and it was done by the time he got back. I'm interested to see how this plays out and what happens now that we actually get to see it on page.

wow thats all i can say wow

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

I wonder if the Scourge Virus will play into this pregnancy in some way. The two possible times when the child could have been conceived were when Mark was disabled, and later when he got his powers back while having sex. Is it possible that the child will somehow be born with the Scourge Virus? Is it possible that Eve isn't pregnat but dying because the Scourge Virus is actually sexually transmittable? Is it possible that Robert Kirkman actually has a normal pregnancy planned with no shocking plot twists!?

well i think something will go on.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I hope he has better taste then that.
    I agree with this.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

All things considered, I would think Eve would go to get tested in some way to verify the baby is Mark's before telling him that she's pregnant if she had slept with someone else recent enough for them to also possibly be the father.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Eve is insecure and that can lead to irrational behavior, regardless of the person's previous character moments. One thing we do know is that she has it bad for Mark, so who knows what she is capable of doing. I don't like the pregnancy, but I hope it's played straight and Kirkman wants to explore a storyline that he had to gloss over the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    I don't like the pregnancy, but I hope it's played straight and Kirkman wants to explore a storyline that he had to gloss over the first time.
    Going off of how he's developed the characters and how he writes the comic in general, as well as comments he's made about the subject in interviews, I'd be surprised if that isn't what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Going off of how he's developed the characters and how he writes the comic in general, as well as comments he's made about the subject in interviews, I'd be surprised if that isn't what he does.
    I agree. Like the abortion, I feel he's putting this in as a way to explore it's impact on the characters rather than planning any kind of twist.

Agreed, I think Mark and Eve are both at a good place in their relationship, and I genuinely think there are no shenanigans afoot there.

You know who I do expect shenanigans from though, Angstom Levy! That guy is bad news in your neighborhood.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    You know who I do expect shenanigans from though, Angstom Levy! That guy is bad news in your neighborhood.
    Yes, I don't expect Angstrom to be invited to the baby shower...

Insecure girls in general, yes. I'll still argue it's out of character for Eve.

Guh, still don't think this makes sense. The baby trap is much more likely.

Agreed. We never got to see what happened with the first one because Mark went into space and it was done by the time he got back. I'm interested to see how this plays out and what happens now that we actually get to see it on page.
    Youre like a fool blinded by love when it comes to Eve... lol. If the baby trap were true I wouldnt be surprised at all... it is coming from an insecure girl that doesnt feel worthy of her man. On top of that(though this is just my speculation)... for Eve to feel this way Im sure at some point she has thought about the fact that Mark is gonna live for 100's if not 1000's of years after she is gone, and a baby that will live just as long will always be a constant reminder of her. Im going with babytrap here... If im wrong cool, but if Im not... I saw it coming.

I dont think its Z's and dont know why others would... i just threw that in there because its been thrown around.

I hope next issue doesnt have any kind of time jump and its not brought up next issue.