Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Maybe those people are used to Marvel/DC style plot twists...
    Or maybe they read Savage Dragon....

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    This story is about how a super intelligent were-dinosaur cloned, fought, and then secretly body swapped a super powered alien who can knock out buildings and looks perfectly human and has a fast aging half-bug for a brother, but the problem people are having is about the odds of the same sexually active couple having a condom break on them twice, both times resulting in a pregnancy.
    The condom breaking twice is your assumption, not our problem.

Btw, that type of "reasoning" bugs the fugg out of me. It's fictional story with fantastic elements but heaven forbid the readers expect maturity from the characters or internal consistency from the writers.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

Btw, that type of "reasoning" bugs the fugg out of me. It's fictional story with fantastic elements but heaven forbid the readers expect maturity from the characters or internal consistency from the writers.
    If anything with all the super science I expect condoms to be more effective.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Real life people have surprise pregnancies all the time, are they all also immature?
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Real life people have surprise pregnancies all the time, are they all also immature?
    To make sure I understand: the scenario is that there is a couple who boned, screwed up, conceived an unwanted and later booted child. Within a year or so, that same couple screws up and makes the SAME mistake, again.

So, your question is whether I would consider these people immature if they didn't change their behavior, made the same mistake, but expected a different outcome in this life and death situation?

My answer is "yes."

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    It's a fairly nutty theory from my point of view too. But I've seen a lot of people expecting it. It would have to be really well done for me to not think it was a terrible twist though.
    Kinda odd that I was quoted but I'll bite...

I was "supposedly" not because I was doubting that Eve took steps to abort the pregnancy. As I've said, I don't know that the baby/fetus was effectively aborted.

There's a couple scenarios I could think of like a failed abortion, Cecil's secret intervention, etc.

Kinda odd that I was quoted but I'll bite...

I was "supposedly" not because I was doubting that Eve took steps to abort the pregnancy. As I've said, I don't know that the baby/fetus was effectively aborted.

There's a couple scenarios I could think of like a failed abortion, Cecil's secret intervention, etc.
    Sure, there's scenarios. But they would all involve a lot of weirdness. The simplest explanation is just to take Eve at her word - "I had an abortion" and then assume Kirkman wanted to explore how that would impact the characters.

It seems more likely to me than super Viltrumite fetus can survive the procedure, Cecil secretly saved the fetus and is raising it to be a secret weapon, Thragg somehow has the fetus, Eve lied and gave it up for adoption, etc. (I've seen all of those put forth before.) That just doesn't feel like the way Kirkman was taking this plot and any of those are more likely to end up being groan inducing rather than cool IMO if they were to happen.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

To make sure I understand: the scenario is that there is a couple who boned, screwed up, conceived an unwanted and later booted child. Within a year or so, that same couple screws up and makes the SAME mistake, again.

So, your question is whether I would consider these people immature if they didn't change their behavior, made the same mistake, but expected a different outcome in this life and death situation?

My answer is "yes."
    Not arguing that it wouldn't be dumb if they had 2 unplanned pregnancies and didn't take any precautions. But we don't have enough info to really determine how irresponsible they were though. We know she got pregnant twice. Did they use birth control/condoms either time? We don't know. Maybe one or both or their powers effected things. But, sure, right now it seems like they were irresponsible.

We also don't really know if this one was unplanned/unwanted. Maybe we'll see that after the abortion they talked about things and they felt sad that this baby they created wasn't around and made them rethink things. Mark is back on Earth now. Eve saved up money and the business is doing OK with Zandale helping. They have the house to themselves now. Maybe they decided a baby would be OK to have now. So maybe not planned but a "if it happens, it happens".

So based on the available info, I'm sitting mostly in the "they seem kinda dumb for having this happen again" camp but I won't give them too much crap until we get some more info in the upcoming issues. I'm certainly not viewing this as some kind of baby trap by Eve like a couple people have mentioned.

Sure, there's scenarios. But they would all involve a lot of weirdness. The simplest explanation is just to take Eve at her word - "I had an abortion" and then assume Kirkman wanted to explore how that would impact the characters.

It seems more likely to me than super Viltrumite fetus can survive the procedure, Cecil secretly saved the fetus and is raising it to be a secret weapon, Thragg somehow has the fetus, Eve lied and gave it up for adoption, etc. (I've seen all of those put forth before.) That just doesn't feel like the way Kirkman was taking this plot and any of those are more likely to end up being groan inducing rather than cool IMO if they were to happen.
    "take Eve at her word" suggests that one is doubting her honesty. That's another matter, entirely.

And as far as "weirdness," think about what we're talking about.

Beyond that, I didn't say anything definitively did or did not happen. There are crazy twists all the time. Y'know, like when we saw a guy in a fight getting his head crushed, it was a fuggin' CLONE teleported using technology stolen from a secret government agency by a talking dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    If anything with all the super science I expect condoms to be more effective.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha..... word

I'm certainly not viewing this as some kind of baby trap by Eve like a couple people have mentioned.
    It is possible though... she is insecure and is afraid Mark is gonna leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    It is possible though... she is insecure and is afraid Mark is gonna leave her.
    I felt they had mostly gotten past that when Mark didn't reject her after finding out about the abortion though. I think that was her biggest fear. He's certainly given her no reason to believe that he doesn't like how she looks (although she doesn't like it and it has affected her confidence). I guess I could maybe see how it could happen with the increased vulnerability we've seen from the character since Mark's return from space but it just seems really unlikely to me.

Wasnt it during the time that he lost his powers(maybe it was another time)... but Mark and Eve were talking and he said something like "This isnt gonna work out" and she freaked out thinking he was talking about them?
    That shows mad signs of still being insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    Wasnt it during the time that he lost his powers(maybe it was another time)... but Mark and Eve were talking and he said something like "This isnt gonna work out" and she freaked out thinking he was talking about them?
    That shows mad signs of still being insecure.
    I think it was something like "This better not be permanent" and she got mad thinking he was referring to her weight. But, either way, point taken. Still, the whole thought of a baby trap feels really unsavory which has not been something you can associate with their relationship throughout the series so I give the benefit of the doubt until something really happens to make me think otherwise.

So, seeing how he is supposedly based out of Baltimore, do you think Mark is a Ravens Fan?
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."