Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    Im sorry let me clarify. When I said "Invincible is starting to become like other Super-Hero comics in the sense that the status quo needs to be reset.
    " I meant it was unnecessary. Like, eve being pregnant then had an abortion then shes pregnant again...what was the point of all of that? Just leave her pregnant in the first place haha. Mark working for cecil, mark fighting with cecil, mark freelancing, mark working with cecil again, were back to status quo.

Am I making more sense? Sometimes i have a hard time describing my thoughts on message boards

but dont get me wrong this is the first comic i read when a new issue comes out and i look forward to the new issues very much.
    No, I sort of got that feeling too at first. But think about it. While Mark might be working for Cecil again, the setup of that is completely different. Mark's not a young and naive new hero who needs guidance/manipulation. Now he's experienced, feeling the full weight of his responsibility, and has the death of a million people over his head. The world itself is much different, all the major cities along the seaboards are gone. Cecil has seen how trying to manipulate and lie to Mark has gone in the past, and has nearly died because of it. There's a healthy amount of fear there. Cecil now knows that if Mark gets it into his head, he can, and will, kill Cecil. And Cecil's best defenses to prevent that have failed in the past.

The dynamic between them, and therefore how they do business with each other, is going to be different. This isnt a perfect example, but its sort of like.....okay, you live with your parents as a kid. Then you grow up and move out. If your parents end up moving into your house with you years later, once again you're living with your parents, but its a totally different thing. You're an adult, its your bills, your family, its your house.

As for Eve being knocked up....everyone keeps saying that we've seen this before, but really, we havent. The first time, Eve found out, we had a few issues where she was all awkward and not telling Mark, and then he went into space. By the time he got back, it was all over and we barely saw any real fallout from the abortion at all, what with all the other drama going on it was just one more thing on the sh*t pile.

This time, Mark knows early on. How they decide to handle things will be a decision they both get to make. How it impacts their relationship is something we will get to see.

I think maybe this is Kirkman's way of playing around with the genre concept of the "ever returning status quo" where after all the empty shock value things go back to normal. Sure, aspects of this feel pretty familiar, but I bet you just about anything its not going to play out like it did last time.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    My real problem with it is that she isn't comfortable with it. Mark likes how she looks and if she like how she looks then it would be cool. But she feels uncomfortable and it's hurt her confidence so I'd like to see her get back to how she wants to be and be happier with herself.
    Yeah, thats largely my issue with it too. But what do you expect? She was a smokin hottie who put on a good chunk of weight. No woman in the real world would be happy about that, so why should Eve? Its a comment on our social structure to be sure. And I hope that Eve makes her peace with it, and learns to love the curves, or else gets rid of the weight and goes back to a shape she's happy with.

Wouldnt it be ironic if she lost the weight, then realized she liked herself better with it?

I sort of enjoyed the issue but felt a little let down at the same time.

Glad Mark survived but I will miss Dinosaurus.The biggest let down was that it didn't feel like it resolved enough or changed enough even with the baby reveal at the end.
    Last edited by Wellman; 02-02-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Besides the fact it would be completely out of character for her. She's shown nothing but love and loyalty for Mark since they've been together (and even before that). It just makes no sense. People keep trying to add all this outside drama but it's not necessary. The baby is the drama.

And in Kirkman's issue 100 interview he talks about Mark having a baby on the way.
    Exactly my thoughts. This isn't Spider-Man where Gwen Stacy had an out-of-character moment, hooked up with Norman Osborn, and bore twins by him. The most likely time for Eve to have hooked up with Zandale was when Mark was in space. Since Mark got back, he and Eve have been pretty much inseparable. And, we know that they like getting busy, so Eve had no reason to go elsewhere.

People keep theorizing this and it never makes any sense to me. If something had happened while Mark was gone in space for a year and Eve thought he was dead? I could see that. But it (as far as we've seen) didn't happen. But when would it have happened since then? They've been living together since Mark got back from space. Then Mark got de-powered and they've basically been around each other constantly. So when would this have happened? In the 3 weeks Eve thought Mark was dead by Dinosaurus? Unlikely, and how would she know she was already pregnant?

Besides the fact it would be completely out of character for her. She's shown nothing but love and loyalty for Mark since they've been together (and even before that). It just makes no sense. People keep trying to add all this outside drama but it's not necessary. The baby is the drama.

And in Kirkman's issue 100 interview he talks about Mark having a baby on the way.
    I dont think its BP's in any way... but if you are asking when this couldve happened, it couldve happened while Mark was still on board the V ship. Not sure how long he was there, but there was a short time when the GOTG were told to leave and that included Eve... and in this time Z did try to console her.
    I dont think anything happened... but to think that there arent times that it could have happened is crazy... they havent been together 24/7 since his return.

She has mauler baby inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    I dont think its BP's in any way... but if you are asking when this couldve happened, it couldve happened while Mark was still on board the V ship. Not sure how long he was there, but there was a short time when the GOTG were told to leave and that included Eve... and in this time Z did try to console her.
    I dont think anything happened... but to think that there arent times that it could have happened is crazy... they havent been together 24/7 since his return.
    Sure you could fit in the timeline but I don't see anything to suggest such. Still next issue should tell us.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Awesome issue I enjoyed it looking forward to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post

I think maybe this is Kirkman's way of playing around with the genre concept of the "ever returning status quo" where after all the empty shock value things go back to normal. Sure, aspects of this feel pretty familiar, but I bet you just about anything its not going to play out like it did last time.
    I agree with your post.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Wasnt eve already prego before? didnt she get rid of the baby? Or did she even get rid of it!

Quote Originally Posted by 717 View Post
    Wasnt eve already prego before? didnt she get rid of the baby? Or did she even get rid of it!
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Supposedly.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Supposedly.
    I know babies disappearing and showing up as older kids years later is a thing (and Kirkman is a fan of Savage Dragon...) but that'd be a stretch here. It'd be very odd for Eve to lie about that.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    I know babies disappearing and showing up as older kids years later is a thing (and Kirkman is a fan of Savage Dragon...) but that'd be a stretch here. It'd be very odd for Eve to lie about that.
    It's a fairly nutty theory from my point of view too. But I've seen a lot of people expecting it. It would have to be really well done for me to not think it was a terrible twist though.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

It's a fairly nutty theory from my point of view too. But I've seen a lot of people expecting it. It would have to be really well done for me to not think it was a terrible twist though.
    Really? That's odd... I had no trouble believing Eve when she said she had an abortion. Considering how Kirkman had her acting before Mark left, how Eve was acting after he got back before she told Mark (like when she was talking to William) and how she told Mark, I don't see how the baby can still be alive.

Maybe those people are used to Marvel/DC style plot twists...
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Maybe those people are used to Marvel/DC style plot twists...
    I agree, I think people are looking for some kind of traditional crazy comic twist. But, as we've seen with issue 100, Kirkman often goes a different direction than what you expect from superhero norms. I think the whole point of that story was to show this traumatic event and the effect it would have on it's characters. It showed the huge emotional (aand physical as a side effect) toll it took on Eve and the impact it would have on their relationship (in this case making them closer as Mark put her fears at ease that he wouldn't be able to forgive her but he did and took responsibility for his part in it). It's this kind of character building that was the point of the abortion story, not to set up some kind of Invincible super fetus returns craziness.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home