Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    I will keep reading because I do like Invincible, but the pregnancy storyline, I don't like.
    Well, at this point you just don't like the idea of it, but maybe after it starts rolling you will like it, who knows... And right now it's not even known if it'll be a main focus or just in the background while other things are happening that take up much more of the comic focus, so it's not completely fair at this point to call it 'the pregnancy stroyline'.

In any case, the pregnancy is another reason I see Invincible as better than any other superhero comic, as it sounds like from Kirkman this pregnancy will 'stick', how many other superhero comics out there will go through with character progression to the point where the main characters are having a child together?

Savage Dragon pops into mind, but I'm more thinking of comics that are held as the best the comics industry has to offer. Whenever it gets to a point where the character would need to progress and develop to have anything new happen, they instead reset the character to some point in the past so they can re-do the same stories all over again.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Wait...I thought eve already told mark she was pregnant? Or were we the audience the only ones that knew and mark just thought she was gaining weight?

Well, when he got back from the war she told him she had been pregnant, but had an abortion. At that point we saw her at her heaviest, but I think that was less from the pregnancy and more from her not using her powers and eating a lot from being depressed. Since then it seemed that she was losing weight over time to this point, and in issue 100 she told Mark that she was pregnant again.

I wasn't able to find any quick examples, but I had definitely noticed that from issue 78 to issue 100 Eve had slimmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    I wasn't able to find any quick examples, but I had definitely noticed that from issue 78 to issue 100 Eve had slimmed down.
    I thought I was just imagining that.

I sort of miss thin Eve, but having a girl with a little more junk in the trunk is a cool departure from the genre norms too. Not that being overweight is something to aspire towards, but its a nice little shot of reality and its not like Eve was *that* big.

Yeah, I miss thin Eve a bit myself, but I'd rather have my comic deal with a situation realistically in this case and have Eve be a bit heftier. Plenty of other comics with over-sexualized women to oogle at if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    I thought I was just imagining that.

I sort of miss thin Eve, but having a girl with a little more junk in the trunk is a cool departure from the genre norms too. Not that being overweight is something to aspire towards, but its a nice little shot of reality and its not like Eve was *that* big.
    My real problem with it is that she isn't comfortable with it. Mark likes how she looks and if she like how she looks then it would be cool. But she feels uncomfortable and it's hurt her confidence so I'd like to see her get back to how she wants to be and be happier with herself.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I was expecting a super special extravagant type 100th comic.
    Seemed pretty depressing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NiKva View Post
    I was expecting a super special extravagant type 100th comic.
    Seemed pretty depressing instead.
    Other than the whole guilt for a lot of dead people thing, which is a thing to be fair, the current situation for Mark and Eve isn't too depressing I'd say. No more depressing than real life can be anyway. He's got a job, he's not going to jail, they're together and not dead. To me anyway, I found the ending and how it played out to be the opposite of depressing.
    DROKK IT!!

Now that I had some time to think about issue 100 here are my thoughts. I never once complained about Invincible, not once...but I have to say I'm beginning to be let down a bit with the way this title is starting to go. Invincible is starting to become like other Super-Hero comics in the sense that the status quo needs to be reset.

Now that I had some time to think about issue 100 here are my thoughts. I never once complained about Invincible, not once...but I have to say I'm beginning to be let down a bit with the way this title is starting to go. Invincible is starting to become like other Super-Hero comics in the sense that the status quo needs to be reset.
    Exactly my feeling, but after two days and rereading of issues 98-100, plus the Kirkman interview I am in a good spirit that Invincible will catch momentum again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    Invincible is starting to become like other Super-Hero comics in the sense that the status quo needs to be reset.
    Reset in what way? From what I've read and from what Kirkman has said in interviews it kinda seems like it has been reset.

Mark is back working with Cecil, but with a different outlook on life and how he needs to do his job.
    Eve is pregnant.
    The flooding has caused massive death and lots of problems, and Kirkman has said that this will cause issues with how it is handled and possibly a new way that super-powered people are dealt with via Cecil.

Probably more that I'm not thinking of, but unless you're talking about a rest to how things used to be, which I don't think you are because then that would be like other superhero comics, it seems to me like there is a lot new going on in Invincible.

Here's a question, is the baby even Mark's? I ask this just because my cousin had questioned me about it, reminding me about Zendale (Bulletproof) kinda coming onto Eve at one point and then later seeing Zendale painting a picture of Eve. This goes along with his willingness to cheat on his girlfriend and the state of mind of Eve at the time.

Personally, I don't think so, because I don't think Eve would do something like that, but the question did give me some doubts...

Im sorry let me clarify. When I said "Invincible is starting to become like other Super-Hero comics in the sense that the status quo needs to be reset.
    " I meant it was unnecessary. Like, eve being pregnant then had an abortion then shes pregnant again...what was the point of all of that? Just leave her pregnant in the first place haha. Mark working for cecil, mark fighting with cecil, mark freelancing, mark working with cecil again, were back to status quo.

Am I making more sense? Sometimes i have a hard time describing my thoughts on message boards

but dont get me wrong this is the first comic i read when a new issue comes out and i look forward to the new issues very much.
    Last edited by Gorviss; 02-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Here's a question, is the baby even Mark's? I ask this just because my cousin had questioned me about it, reminding me about Zendale (Bulletproof) kinda coming onto Eve at one point and then later seeing Zendale painting a picture of Eve. This goes along with his willingness to cheat on his girlfriend and the state of mind of Eve at the time.

Personally, I don't think so, because I don't think Eve would do something like that, but the question did give me some doubts...
    People keep theorizing this and it never makes any sense to me. If something had happened while Mark was gone in space for a year and Eve thought he was dead? I could see that. But it (as far as we've seen) didn't happen. But when would it have happened since then? They've been living together since Mark got back from space. Then Mark got de-powered and they've basically been around each other constantly. So when would this have happened? In the 3 weeks Eve thought Mark was dead by Dinosaurus? Unlikely, and how would she know she was already pregnant?

Besides the fact it would be completely out of character for her. She's shown nothing but love and loyalty for Mark since they've been together (and even before that). It just makes no sense. People keep trying to add all this outside drama but it's not necessary. The baby is the drama.

And in Kirkman's issue 100 interview he talks about Mark having a baby on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Other than the whole guilt for a lot of dead people thing, which is a thing to be fair, the current situation for Mark and Eve isn't too depressing I'd say. No more depressing than real life can be anyway. He's got a job, he's not going to jail, they're together and not dead. To me anyway, I found the ending and how it played out to be the opposite of depressing.
    I agree. I actually had a big smile on my face when the issue ended. It was as upbeat a conclusion as you could hope for with all that death. Left a hopeful for the future feeling for me. And as a huge fan of the Mark and Eve relationship, I was happy to see such a large development in that.