Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I just read the beginning of the letters page and Kirkman said he's well aware that the story arc is called "The Death of Everyone" and yet nobody dies.

Umm, Dinosaurus dies.

So, did Kirkman forget...or is Dinosaurus really not dead? if not, that would kind of kill the point he was making in the write-up so maybe the simplest answer is the correct one.

But maybe not."
    I just don't think Dinosaurus is dead, sure we see Mark covered in blood but I don't buy it (and lack of a body). Dinosaurus is sneeky and I found it hard to believe that he did a complete 360 within a couple of pages and declared that he had been "wrong". The guy is up to something and its easier if the world thinks he is dead but I'm sure he will be back eventually, especially that he had learnt so much about the viltrumites. As he is a creature of science, he has plans!!

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post

Anyway, apparently, after reading Kirkman's statement at the end, it was supposed to make fun of the dying and resurection in other titles. I can see where he's coming from, but I'm still not overwhelmed.
    I had not read his statement and it felt that way because it happened so fast. Felt no reason to drag out that overused plot so we will just act like we are killing Mark and bring him back two pages later.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    I just don't think Dinosaurus is dead, sure we see Mark covered in blood but I don't buy it (and lack of a body). Dinosaurus is sneeky and I found it hard to believe that he did a complete 360 within a couple of pages and declared that he had been "wrong". The guy is up to something and its easier if the world thinks he is dead but I'm sure he will be back eventually, especially that he had learnt so much about the viltrumites. As he is a creature of science, he has plans!!
    It felt a bit off, I would like if it was part of a plan, not sure why, he is a villain that is not in some ways yet killing enough people to place him among the worst, I think that is because of his intentions. If this was real world stuff, jail, forever. Since it is a comic I would be curious to what else he may do later down the line.

I'm not feeling all the dislike for Eve being pregnant. Sure, it would make sense that if they wanted to, maybe they could have prevented it, but at what point did they both say they wanted to prevent it after Mark got back, it's kinda just assumed because Eve had an abortion after Mark left for the war, but maybe after he got back she had a change of heart.

Maybe it's just because people want to see Eve thin again, and we were seemingly getting closer? (I myself kinda miss that...) I'm looking forward to all the things Kirkman can do with the story of Mark and Eve having a kid, and then where it goes after they have a kid. Heck, if the comic lasts long enough, does their kid (who may or may not be a boy) take over the Invincible mantle and become the title character?

I say bring it on!
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Maybe it's just because people want to see Eve thin again, and we were seemingly getting closer? (I myself kinda miss that...) I'm looking forward to all the things Kirkman can do with the story of Mark and Eve having a kid, and then where it goes after they have a kid. Heck, if the comic lasts long enough, does their kid (who may or may not be a boy) take over the Invincible mantle and become the title character?
    It definitely isn't because I want to see Eve thin again. She said it herself during the first pregnancy that it wasn't something she wanted right then. I would think any responsible person/people that had a scare (unplanned pregnancy) like that would make birth control a priority so it doesn't happen again. From the look on Mark's face, and how Eve revealed it, it wasn't planned. Now, we get to read stories about two stupid tween-ers dealing with a pregnancy that was easily preventable. The first time was such a traumatic experience, at least for Eve, so let's do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    It definitely isn't because I want to see Eve thin again. She said it herself during the first pregnancy that it wasn't something she wanted right then. I would think any responsible person/people that had a scare (unplanned pregnancy) like that would make birth control a priority so it doesn't happen again. From the look on Mark's face, and how Eve revealed it, it wasn't planned. Now, we get to read stories about two stupid tween-ers dealing with a pregnancy that was easily preventable. The first time was such a traumatic experience, at least for Eve, so let's do it again.
    Yeah, she said she didn't want it then, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want it now. And I don't see anything wrong with Mark being surprised by her saying she was pregnant, it doesn't mean he doesn't want a kid.

Not sure what you mean by 'tween-er', unless you're implying Mark and Eve aren't teenagers yet? Last I checked (Kirkman's most recent interview) they are in their 20's. Also, just because Eve is pregnant, why does that mean the focus of the comic will be about that? Is Kirkman going to put everything on hold and just tell stories about Eve and Mark having a kid?
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    It doesn't matter if it was laid out in the last issue. "I didn't kill you. I killed a clone of you and teleported you away with tech I stole from your race." It felt simple and way too convenient that he took these steps came up to fake his death, which in the end didn't even mean anything!
    The definition of deus ex machina is a ridiculous solution that comes out of nowhere with no foreshadowing or warning. Used a clone - we've had cloning in the series since issue 2 with the Mauler twins. Used teleporting - we've had teleporting since early in the series. Had foreshadowing - there were enough clues that fans were able to come up with the solution well in advance.

So this situation doesn't met the definition of deus ex machina. Now, if you didn't like it or found it underwhelming, you are of course entitled to that. I just think "deus ex machina" gets thrown out way too often and usually isn't used properly.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    And Eve pregnant again? Come on...
    From the Image boards:

Quote Originally Posted by West3man
    Mark has taken all of Eve's revelations and secrets pretty damned well - including when she aborted their kid before.

I'm mighty interested in seeing what his opinion is about THIS pregnancy.
    Yes, exactly. Since I enjoy their relationship so much, I like seeing a major development in it. But even if you take that out of the equation, I think this sets up the possibility of many different story lines that can be interesting.

Everyone is saying, Again? But, remember, the first time it happened people were interested to see what happened and we never got to really see it because Mark went to space. This time, we'll get to actually see what happens and how the characters handle everything.

I'm not feeling all the dislike for Eve being pregnant. Sure, it would make sense that if they wanted to, maybe they could have prevented it, but at what point did they both say they wanted to prevent it after Mark got back, it's kinda just assumed because Eve had an abortion after Mark left for the war, but maybe after he got back she had a change of heart.

I say bring it on!
    Agree completely. I was really happy with the reveal. Happy for the development in the relationship of my favorite comic couple and happy for the story line possibilities it opens up.

A foaming Spidergasm. MurderFace's Avatar

Faaaantastic.
    http://thepuremood.com/ PURE MOOD PULL LIST + PURE MOOD PODCAST...new shows once a week!
    Weekly features include back-issue reviews, CD's, Art of books, and more!

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Yeah, she said she didn't want it then, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want it now. And I don't see anything wrong with Mark being surprised by her saying she was pregnant, it doesn't mean he doesn't want a kid.

Not sure what you mean by 'tween-er', unless you're implying Mark and Eve aren't teenagers yet? Last I checked (Kirkman's most recent interview) they are in their 20's. Also, just because Eve is pregnant, why does that mean the focus of the comic will be about that? Is Kirkman going to put everything on hold and just tell stories about Eve and Mark having a kid?
    OK, I got the ages wrong. But, Kirkman just clarified them and I hadn't read the interview when I posted. I never said anything about the book focusing completely on the pregnancy. But, it will take up some space for the next nine months(comic time). I guess Kirkman wasn't able to explore it the first time, so here's another chance to read the trials and tribulations of Mark and Eve dealing with a pregnancy. Yay!! I will keep reading because I do like Invincible, but the pregnancy storyline, I don't like.
    Last edited by MythicBrawn; 01-31-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Finally made it to the LCS today!

((if you go back a couple pages you'll notice I expected this out last week. So about god damned time!))

Okay. So this whole pregnancy thing. This is a thing for me, as my wife is currently knocked up. ((And yeah it was planned.)) But I know from experiences in the past that condoms break. Protection isnt 100% and why people are not thinking this might be the case here, and are instead just jumping onto the "idiot kids not taking the proper precautions" bandwagon....its beyond me. Are you all virgins convinced that condoms always work or something? Have you never had one break? Seriously, 100 issues and you all just immediately assume the worst. What the f**k?

By the way, when exactly did Mark's powers return? During sex. I suspect that was when little 'Vincible got himself made.

Should be interesting. I have a six year old and gods know, kids are the source of constant inspiration and endless aggravation. If this actually goes all out, it should be fun as hell to read about. Assuming the book doesnt become all about the kid. I mean, life doesnt end just because you're a parent. It just adds a lot of spice and complications to things.

On the issue as a whole....I too ended up feeling a little...I dunno. I expect more spectacle I suppose. This was a solid read, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. But for a milestone issue, it just didnt have the bang I had expected. But in the end, I should be thankful for quality content and not empty shock value gimmicks.

Plus, damned hard to top the Viltrumite War, Conquest, Angstrom Levy, and everything else that has happened in the last fifty issues.

Dinosaurus....Im not sure if I think he's really alive, or if deep down he really did always know he was going too far. He's a intelligent, complex character, so I could see it going either way. Maybe Mark just killed a Dino clone, or maybe Dino really did see the error of his ways. Mark has been working with him for a while now, maybe his influence rubbed off enough? But either way, the fallout of this should prove to be pretty good. And if Dino is gone.....you know, way to go out man.

I like that Mark is working for Cecil again. I've missed that, and I think the differences in how that dynamic plays out this time around should be fun. I hope we get to see Mark dealing with some of the people he's judged too harshly in the past.

And soon, the return of Levy. F**k yeah! I've been waiting for this forever!

All in all, a good issue. Not quite the mind blowing experience I was hoping for, but a good read nonetheless and I cant wait to see where it goes from here.

Nah. Not a virgin. Just an adult wondering why two other (fictional) adults made the same mistake TWICE.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

God I wanna read this issue so badly but I am insanely far behind on this series (like I am not even up to issue 50 yet). How confusing would it be if I just jumped ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate scarlet spider View Post
    God I wanna read this issue so badly but I am insanely far behind on this series (like I am not even up to issue 50 yet). How confusing would it be if I just jumped ahead?
    ......I dunno. I think you'd lose all the emphasis and punch the issue had, not knowing what everyone's suffered and experienced. And there will be plenty that makes no sense at all.

You could read it, and probably get the general gist of things though.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Nah. Not a virgin. Just an adult wondering why two other (fictional) adults made the same mistake TWICE.
    That's what Im saying. This might not be a mistake. This might be bad luck. Condoms break.

Wait. I just realized, and this is pretty funny. This story is about how a super intelligent were-dinosaur cloned, fought, and then secretly body swapped a super powered alien who can knock out buildings and looks perfectly human and has a fast aging half-bug for a brother, but the problem people are having is about the odds of the same sexually active couple having a condom break on them twice, both times resulting in a pregnancy.

Comic book logic for us right?

And on a side note, I just took a nice, slow second reading of the issue, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more. Took my time and drank it all in, and realized that there was more here than I was giving it credit for. It wasnt just a good issue. It was damned decent entertainment.

In the letter pages, Kirkman mentioned how independent comics get to experiment, (this was, I think, about the ending scenes of the Bulletproof subplot) and I realized he's right, and Im starting to expect "the usual" a little too much here. I hear that Cory (wait, is it Cory?) read these posts from time to time, or mods, or something. So if he, or anyone else connected to the book happens to see this, here's a fan who wants to see more off the wall weird sh*t in Invincible. Screw around and keep me on my toes.