Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Liefeld Takes "Youngblood" & "Bloodstrike" to the Extreme

Rob Liefeld talks to CBR News about returning to his Extreme Studios titles "Bloodstrike" and "Youngblood," his "Icons" screenplay about the Image founders and more. Plus exclusive art!

Full article here.

What about Bloodstrike 34? That was announced with Rob art/writing, but the article only mentions issue 35. Another Bloodstrike gap?

Looking forward to these!

looks good
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

There's something vaguely appealing about them, but I have to admit that Liefeld's attitude in the interview has put me off.

I think Liefeld should do with his properties what he did with Prophet and Glory: let people who actually know how to write and draw write and draw them.

I will check out Youngblood#77(because of Chapel's return), I bet Supreme comes back in time for the event, goodbye Glory.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Yay , soooo excited, lol. This guy is a talentless, arrogant, jerk. I may look at one (god forbid I waste my money on this crap) just for some masochistic laughs. Put someone with talent on it and it may be good (Glory, Prophet, Supreme) but for now it's crap.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Chew, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Saga, Stormwatch, Wonder Woman

Wish they'd asked him about the Avengelyne comic. (also would like to know if they plan to finish Infinite).

Jon Malin, has produced great work and his latest work on #77 and #78 are his personal best. It's like Jim Lee and Steve McNiven had a baby!
    Obviously that baby got little of his parents' talent and instead mostly learned to draw by aping Liefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMFeAR7 View Post
    Obviously that baby got little of his parents' talent and instead mostly learned to draw by aping Liefeld.
    And yet likely manages to draw better.

I thought his attitude in this interview great. Very forthcoming about how he can't simply replace the great things happening on Glory. Prophet is done when Brandon is done. Admitting to a slow schedule for the books he's taking on. Far better than typical Liefeld.

Man... I don't like how Cabbot is using swords now. It's just like Deadpool. Remember how original Cabbot was in the '90s? He carried guns and a big knife! That was one of the things that I thought was cool about him!

I've been thinking about a couple dream team-ups, the first one is Cabbot/Lethal (no swords for Cabbot), and the other is Cabbot/Spawn! Yeah... What would happen if Cabbot met Spawn for the first time? What if Image planned a two-part crossover event?
    Last edited by carloshll726; 02-02-2013 at 09:01 AM.

I was really digging Seeleys run on Bloodstrike and am sad to see him go, but i try to be open minded. Liefeld seems enthusiastic at least and its kinda cool to see him return to his properties. Ill probably try the first issues of the run.

Hope Supreme gets another great team.

I wonder if the ending of Icons will be when Rob was kicked out because he was trying to poach Michael Turner---seems like a natural ending, if a little unflattering to Rob
    David Bowie fan

After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to start liking the fact that Bloodstrike's Cabbot is using swords, and that he looks like Deadpool doing it. I'm okay with it now!
    Last edited by carloshll726; 02-15-2013 at 01:58 PM.