Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I mean, look at the team.
    lol you mean you can't see that megawatt grin on Jan's face?

They're all scowling. They all look pissed. You just get the same personality tone across this picture. Compare it to this one:

Which alone portrays more varied personalities. Psylocke is serious, Rachel is tough, but relaxed, Jubilee seems reluctant, and so on.

Uncanny Suffers from all the characters feeling the same.
    Great comparison, although honestly some of this is the art. Remender's Rogue isn't so much serious or angry as she is abrasive, she's just in a situation (and with certain people) where it makes sense for her overall attitude to be angry. In JC's cover she looks like she's out for blood.

Same with Thor to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Ok, forget HoM, she has never lived or acted like that in her life my friend, she is not a snob she choose to work for the Avengers, just like her brother, beast, namor, firestar, storm and wolverine. Mutants should have the choice to work for whatever them they want too. She never stuck her nose at mutants and when was it required that mutants can only be on the X-men? I am sorry, but this is not making any sense.
    Just curious, but how have you felt about her characterization in this book so far?

I haven't read much of wanda pre HoM, and don't mind her in this, but I don't really know what's "in character" for her like I do most of the other avengers.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 01-30-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

I think Wanda's story arc is that she doesn't care about the mutant plight. Those pages just seem that Wanda really doesn't get what being a mutant is all about.
    Yes she does, she has been a public mutant all her life, she is just on a different team. Caring about mutants does not mean you have to be on the X-men, what about quicksilver, beast, namor, firestar, wolverine, storm are all at time been on the X-men. She has done allot of good as a public mutant S/D.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    She does. She just doesn't subscribe to the 'we should act like victims' ideal. I know you can't understand her POV, because you like to play the victim yourself and unload your personal problems for sympathy all over these boards.

She's of stronger stuff and understands that one can be proud of being a mutant and live a normal life among everyone else.

If the X-men were all like her, there would no longer be a mutant issue.
    Again with the personal attacks.

Wanda even says on that page "Why do we even need mutants to come back?" If you didn't catch that tone, I don't know if you will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yes she does, she has been a public mutant all her life, she is just on a different team. Caring about mutants does not mean you have to be on the X-men, what about quicksilver, beast, namor, firestar, wolverine, storm are all at time been on the X-men. She has done allot of good as a public mutant S/D.
    Am I the only one who noticed Wanda being noticeably dismissive in the first issue of UA? It's obvious that they're setting up her story arc of being more accepting of mutant culture instead of her attitude of "Why do we need more mutants?"

And great ad hominum guy. You that insecure about defending this book you have to result to personal attacks?
    I just find you infuriating some times. It wasn't a personal attack, it was an allusion to your identical rants about other books.

The fact that your opening statement here quickly morphed into your previously expressed agenda (that went ignored in the UA thread) speaks volumes.

If you were truly interested in ua's relevance in relation to Avengers, you wouldn't be attacking aspects that are shared between the two.

The bleak tone is mutual.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Why did this thread turn into "Everyone hates mutants!"? Off-topic and unenjoyable conversation.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Wanda even says on that page "Why do we even need mutants to come back?" If you didn't catch that tone, I don't know if you will.
    She didn't. She asked wh there needed to be more mutants.

It's a valid question: why DOES there need to be more mutants? Really? Especially to the point where risking global destruction is a worthy sacifice to achieve that goal.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Am I the only one who noticed Wanda being noticeably dismissive in the first issue of UA? It's obvious that they're setting up her story arc of being more accepting of mutant culture instead of her attitude of "Why do we need more mutants?"
    It was why did we need mutants at the Extreme that just Happen with Avx? Was it worth setting the world on fire and having a War over it. Was in nessary, it is the main critizism of AvX against the P5.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

That's a complex question.

Yes, I strongly believe that Avengers did initially steal the spotlight from Uncanny Avengers. But then Uncanny promptly usurped Avengers' 15 minutes of fame. Now the only way for Avengers to get back is by confiscating Uncanny's upcoming moment in the sun.

BANNED

i think S/D raises some pretty great points imo. and s/d is right that avengers is out-shining uncanny avenger in all aspects.

cannonball and sunspot have done more to represent mutants in avengers than rogue and havok have in this uncanny avenger book.

rogue has been written as drab and depressed for the first uncanny avengers arc. there's no basis for it, and it seems like an OOC fanfiction. on the other hand, brian wood is about to take rogue for the x-men title, and he seems to have a stronger handle on rogue than remender does.

so. if the only purpose of uncanny avengers is to tackle mutant issues, well....they can go home. the x-men titles in marvel NOW! are handling that just fine.

i think remender is in hot water and unless something spectacular happens, this title will not be lasting long.

BANNED

She didn't. She asked wh there needed to be more mutants.

It's a valid question: why DOES there need to be more mutants? Really? Especially to the point where risking global destruction is a worthy sacifice to achieve that goal.
    Why does there need to be more Native Americans?
    Why does there need to be more Jewish people?

See?

I just find you infuriating some times. It wasn't a personal attack, it was an allusion to your identical rants about other books.

The fact that your opening statement here quickly morphed into your previously expressed agenda (that went ignored in the UA thread) speaks volumes.

If you were truly interested in ua's relevance in relation to Avengers, you wouldn't be attacking aspects that are shared between the two.

The bleak tone is mutual.
    Look, someone told me what I posted in OP last night, and I kinda thought he had a point. Avengers seems to have taken away the effect of Uncanny Avengers to me, and I wanted to see what people think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrave View Post
    Yes, I strongly believe that Avengers did initially steal the spotlight from Uncanny Avengers. But then Uncanny promptly usurped Avengers' 15 minutes of fame. Now the only way for Avengers to get back is by confiscating Uncanny's upcoming moment in the sun.
    Could you go deeper into this?

Why does there need to be more Native Americans?
    Why does there need to be more Jewish people?

See?
    I don't know. Why does there?

See?

Could you go deeper into this?
    I could, but then I'd risk being accused of seizing your crowning achievement.

BANNED

I don't know. Why does there?

See?
    You do see how that might be considered racist, right?

I could, but then I'd risk being accused of seizing your crowning achievement.
    Fair enough.