Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    There's Katana (going to be in the Beware the Batman cartoon) and Kimiyo Dr. Light, but the latter I don't know what her status is with New 52.

But I agree with the sentiment about Atom. There's a total lack of any sort of decent Asian male fictional characters in any sort of American media, and the few that exist are usually martial artists (I guess a similar complaint should be made about Katana...).
    Katanna, Cassandra Cain, Psylocke, Karma, Armor, Yukio, Shang Chi, Dr. Light, Ryan Choi, Gloss, Colective Man, Jade in Ame-Comi Girls, Jubilee, Green Lantern Kai Ro, Red Lotus, Lady Shiva, Radiactive Man, Sway, Xorn, Amadeus Cho, Toyman Hiro Okamura, Sunfire, Sunpyre, Bushido, Karate Kid, Hazmat, Fuji, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, Nico Minoru, Samurai, Super Young Team, Tsunami, Element Woman, Mystek, Omac, Mantis, Young Justice Artemis, Chessire, Colleng Wyng, Dake, Amiko, Opal...

Good to see the Trench back.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Katanna, Cassandra Cain, Psylocke, Karma, Armor, Yukio, Shang Chi, Dr. Light, Ryan Choi, Gloss, Colective Man, Jade in Ame-Comi Girls, Jubilee, Green Lantern Kai Ro, Red Lotus, Lady Shiva, Radiactive Man, Sway, Xorn, Amadeus Cho, Toyman Hiro Okamura, Sunfire, Sunpyre, Bushido, Karate Kid, Hazmat, Fuji, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, Nico Minoru, Samurai, Super Young Team, Tsunami, Element Woman, Mystek, Omac, Mantis, Young Justice Artemis, Chessire, Colleng Wyng, Dake, Amiko, Opal...
    DochaDocha said "decent Asian MALE fictional characters, which trims your list down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    DochaDocha said "decent Asian MALE fictional characters, which trims your list down quite a bit.
    That really depends what opinion you have of most of those characters. For the matter of fact, all of those are pretty decent.. except for Jubilee. Because she's a vampire and let's be honest, forcing your character to become a vampire is probably the worst thing you can do to a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    How many female asian superheroes are there?
    Quite a lot, and quite often they tend to ninja's, samurai's, n'th level martial artists or scientists.

After having seen Cyborgs modification I am only left with one question; was it really needed to remove his lung if they were just going to put a fishbowl on his head? And was there really no room for that mod in the rest of that bulk he's walking around in?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by slvne
    That really depends what opinion you have of most of those characters. For the matter of fact, all of those are pretty decent.. except for Jubilee. Because she's a vampire and let's be honest, forcing your character to become a vampire is probably the worst thing you can do to a character.
    Actually, I mostly meant that DochaDocha's word "male" narrows down Hepheonix's list a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post

-WW underwater was a big change... at least to me
    Superman breathes underwater too?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSix View Post
    Superman breathes underwater too?
    no but there are more showings of him holding his breath or not breathing like in space

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Quite a lot, and quite often they tend to ninja's, samurai's, n'th level martial artists or scientists.

After having seen Cyborgs modification I am only left with one question; was it really needed to remove his lung if they were just going to put a fishbowl on his head? And was there really no room for that mod in the rest of that bulk he's walking around in?
    Thought there were several things that didn't make sense, but that being a big one. In this issue alone they brought up several reasons why it was a stupid idea and don't really give credible reasons to believe in the decision. I don't see anyone choosing that kind of operation or a father willing to go through with it when there's possible alternatives such as Morrow's android. Even discounting the android, there's Vixen and Element Woman whom we see that Cyborg was able to contact, both of whom whose powers would allow them to function almost perfectly naturally at that depth (being able to breathe is only one small part of the problem at that depth). Not to mention, you're not supposed to go swimming for 30 minutes after eating, what do you think the time limit would be for recovering from very major surgery? Even given comic book science, he should have been out of commission for a few days (the operation alone would have taken a couple of hours). How many lives lost when they had people on hand they could send immediately? This is having characters act by writer's fiat than any kind of internal logic.

BANNED

I might be completely wrong, but didn't they need to remove the lung because it would collapse under the ocean pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    I might be completely wrong, but didn't they need to remove the lung because it would collapse under the ocean pressure?
    I think they mentioned it in the last Justice League issue
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I think they mentioned it in the last Justice League issue
    If that's true, his eyeballs should also collapse.

That may explain why he has the pressurized bubble helmet, which must be made of kryptonian glass.

How many female asian superheroes are there?
    R u seriously asking dis question esp given d ''asian doll'' fetish most Caucasian male hv of Asian women?

R u asking generally in DC comix orjust d nu 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

D removal of d last organic lung is so dat it doesnot collapse under d depth pressure in d ocean AND an insurance incase Cyborg's breathing helmet breaks under water perhaps in a fight with Atlanteans &/or Trench creatures. So it was a smart muv 4 Cyborg 2 hv his bases coverd afterall Cyborg was expecting a fight under water if he was 2 go & rescue d captured JLers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    It was really just to give Cyborg a cool sacrificial moment for the team. In short its wasn't necessary, with all the tech in the DC Universe no reader would have batted an eye if Cyborg kept the lung.

Cause when it comes down to it, if your trying to apply real world logic to the situation. Wonder Woman, Batman and Cyborg probably wouldn't have survived at those depths for several reasons. But its a comic so c'est la vie