Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Files to return in IDW comic book?

I didn't notice a thread on this yet, so here's the link to Bleeding Cool's news about this.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Taking place right after I WANT TO BELIEVE? That should be interesting since I don't think we'll be seeing a new film.

I'm on board.

Great to hear about new X-Files stories, wish the announcement would let us know the creative team.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I will definitely give this a try. I was a fan of the early years of the show but lost interest after the story of the conspiracy and all the vague UN, alien breeding stuff overwhelmed the show. It was great when it was more centered on the individual cases and just dolloped out the back story a little at a time.

I also like the article in Bleeding Cool. It made me think about licensed books. I may pick more up to see how they go. I am slowly reading more independents and less DC. I have been finding if a licensed story is well written, it has the pros of the DC stuff (interesting, established world and characters, history of good stories or conflicts in the universe) with out the ills of an insane editorial direction that is so determined to shoe horn in stuff and worried about affecting other books or the character history, that the books seem to me to be suffocating.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I will definitely give this a try. I was a fan of the early years of the show but lost interest after the story of the conspiracy and all the vague UN, alien breeding stuff overwhelmed the show. It was great when it was more centered on the individual cases and just dolloped out the back story a little at a time.

I also like the article in Bleeding Cool. It made me think about licensed books. I may pick more up to see how they go. I am slowly reading more independents and less DC. I have been finding if a licensed story is well written, it has the pros of the DC stuff (interesting, established world and characters, history of good stories or conflicts in the universe) with out the ills of an insane editorial direction that is so determined to shoe horn in stuff and worried about affecting other books or the character history, that the books seem to me to be suffocating.
    Have you tried the Angel & Faith series from Dark Horse?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the fact that it takes place after the second movie has my attention.

Cool: and I get to fill in my massive gaps of the Topps run.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

It'll be interesting to see how the series will work taking place after the last movie. Especially since neither of them work for the FBI anymore and what's become of their replacements Doggett and Reyes.
    In search of Claire...or Libby Hoeler :D

"What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I feel the exact same way. Loved the early days when it was evenly-balanced between the alien mythology and the "monster of the week" stories. (The latter were usually my favorites.)

I was interested in this when it was announced, but learning it's set after the second movie, now I'm not so sure. I never saw it due to my dropping interest in the later seasons, but aren't the X-Files pretty much closed now, with Mulder and Scully basically not even agents anymore? So I'm not sure how it would work, unless the concept is that the X-Files have been re-opened and they are back to being field agents. If that's the case, and if it can recapture the spirit of the early seasons, then I may check it out.
    Last edited by Michael24; 01-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how the series will work taking place after the last movie. Especially since neither of them work for the FBI anymore and what's become of their replacements Doggett and Reyes.
    Not to mention they're having sex and in a relationship!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    what's become of their replacements Doggett and Reyes.
    Oh man, I sure didn't want to remember those two. I dropped off the TV series completely because of them.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

I'll probably wait to hear who the creative team members are before deciding to try this or not.
    Pull List: Transformers RID, Darth Vader, Superior Spiderman, Forever Evil, Injustice: Gods Amoung Us 2.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Oh man, I sure didn't want to remember those two. I dropped off the TV series completely because of them.
    Doggett was great, he revived my interest in the show during season 8, Reyes not so much.

I'd like to see how the whole 2012 thing work out in the X-files universe.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i look forward to this very much

Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    Doggett was great, he revived my interest in the show during season 8, Reyes not so much.

I'd like to see how the whole 2012 thing work out in the X-files universe.
    I didn't really mind Reyes, as a supporting cast member. It added an element that there are others out there that want to know the truth. However I don't feel she had a strong enough presence to be a lead character.

-Matt
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine