View Poll Results: read or watch first?

Voters
26. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • read comics

21 80.77%
  • watch tv series

5 19.23%

Default the walking dead, tv show or comics.

which one should i get into first.

which one is better?

i wouldnt want to spoil one with the other, but i would prefer to get into the best one first...

Comics are better, but show is good too. It strays at various points from the comics so you won't spoil everything with the comics.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Yeah: spoilers aren't a huge deal. Character A dies far earlier in the comics, character B dies far later, character C is dead in 1 and still alive in the other, character D is only in one and has yet to be in the other at all, etc.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Comics are better. But the show is good too and they are different enough that I don't feel spoilers are a huge deal.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I actually feel like the show plays with your expectations a little if you have read the comics. There have been a few times when I felt sure that certain events would play out in a certain way, only to be surprised that it didn't at all.

Having read the comics, then watched the show, I would recommend starting with the comics.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

Thanks all....

I did this a little differently. I first saw the show in early 2012 and watched both seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 started and it was only while watching "Talking Dead" that I even realized this was based on a comic. For Christmas I received Compendium One and I couldn't put it down. I read it in two days and then went out and bought the second compendium, volume 17 and issues 103-105. Issue 106 came out and I got that and now will go pick up 107 on Wednesday.

With the show returning last night, I must admit I was underwhelmed. Although I still enjoy the show, I definitely am comparing it to the source material (I don't know how Kirkmann does it). Anyway, I think the comics are better because they are more genuine. I would read them right away.

the comic is a little better, but then I hate both so my opinion probably shouldn't count.
    Kids, if you want to impress your date, remember its a dog-eat-dog world, not a doggy dog world.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

The Comic.

The TV show has manage to completely trample over the characterizations of three well-liked characters in favor of two new characters that the writers clear have fallen in love over.

In other words, Andrea, Michonne, and Tyreese's developments got bungled in favor of more Merle and Daryl. It clear shows that the writers have a different audience in mind.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Both, they are different enough so neither is spoiled and both are awesome, comics have a better story

The show is quickly catching up with the comic. (After just over two seasons it's already around issue 40 of the comic book timeline.) It will be interesting to see the dynamic change as the timeline of the show catches up to and surpasses the comic.
    Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Superior Spidey, Hawkeye, IHulk, Nova, Batman, Batman Eternal, 'Tec, JL, JLA, Aquaman, Flash, Walking Dead, Saga, Revival

Which is better is easy... The comic. I just finished reading 1 to 9 of the HCs yesterday, and finished s3 today, and I really really feel sorry for Kirkman. Like the comics you like the main characters. The TV series you end up despising the people you are supposed to like. In the TV series, Darryl is the only constantly likeable character. I mean they have the material handed to them but they constantly ruin it and end up managing to twist it so you hate them. Not to mention the transition from s2 to s3, like they were totally different characters than the prior seasons, and Carl more like the comic, but Rick just as big a douche as ever.