Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Dark Knight pt. 1&2 Animated movies

The Dark Knight part 2 came out today. These movies were pretty faithful to the books. I really enjoyed these movies, the only things that I didn't like, or felt that were missing were the parts in the comics where Batman has an internal dialogue about what he's doing, while he's doing it. It's not really necessary in the movies, but it just would have added so much more to it.

The other thing that really sucked for me was the voice actor for the Joker(The voice actor for Batman was bad at times too). He was COMPLETELY void of any emotion or flare. He was totally flat, which is a shame. But other than that, this was a totally awesome adaptation of one of the greatest Batman stories ever.
    Last edited by kmeyers; 01-29-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Wow. Look what I wrote.

This project is a bad idea from start to finish. An adaptation can't capture the magic of the original. Every clip I've seen has been awful.
    Cayman: "Colostomy bags are great for long movies"
    I'm a bakla for Bakla.
    (It's a disgusting love story. Just humor us, folks.)

The first one was okay...pretty lackluster, though.

Ive enjoyed them, honestly feel its some of DCs better work and they've had some good ones lately

loved Justice League: Doom
    Support your local roller derby league

"All the people Ive killed by letting you live" Pretty good.

I enjoyed Part 2 much more. The story has become somewhat dated. Though its iconic it was aged badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    I enjoyed Part 2 much more. The story has become somewhat dated. Though its iconic it was aged badly.
    really? I didn't feel that, but everyone takes something different from this story

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    I agree to an extent.

Instead of reading or watching The Dark Knight Returns, I recommend (re)reading The Dark Knight Strikes Again, which has aged very well. It's a vibrant and, for the most part, unique story that retains all of its power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I agree to an extent.

Instead of reading or watching The Dark Knight Returns, I recommend (re)reading The Dark Knight Strikes Again, which has aged very well. It's a vibrant and, for the most part, unique story that retains all of its power.
    I'm surprised you like DKSA.

But yeah I'd agree with that. The whole 1984-style politics still has some relevancy today. I kind of wish they'd animate that (just take out the Dick Grayson scenes).

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I agree to an extent.

DKSA gets a bad rap, but it is really a bright and vibrant book. It show Miller's growth as an artist, and as a writer. The satire is more broad than Returns, but it is also dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm surprised you like DKSA.

But yeah I'd agree with that. The whole 1984-style politics still has some relevancy today. I kind of wish they'd animate that (just take out the Dick Grayson scenes).
    The Dick Grayson stuff is exactly why I had to use the qualifier "for the most part." That take on Dick Grayson should have been in Returns; it was really, really dark and messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    DKSA gets a bad rap, but it is really a bright and vibrant book. It show Miller's growth as an artist, and as a writer. The satire is more broad than Returns, but it is also dead on.
    It wasn't until my second reading of it that I realized the brilliance of Miller's Superman.

Did not like Joker's Performance and voice. He looked like a transvestite with makeup. I know they cant use Mark hammil for ever, but for gods sake find someone who can voice the characters roll more. this version of the Joker didnt act like a scary serial killer clown pulling pranks and stuff. just a regular killer off the street with make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    Did not like Joker's Performance and voice. He looked like a transvestite with makeup. I know they cant use Mark hammil for ever, but for gods sake find someone who can voice the characters roll more. this version of the Joker didnt act like a scary serial killer clown pulling pranks and stuff. just a regular killer off the street with make up.
    Thats how he was in the book. In fact he probably had more personality here than in the original work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Thats how he was in the book. In fact he probably had more personality here than in the original work.
    agreed

10 cahr

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    I know they were trying to match the book, but find someone who can voice the Joker better atleast.