Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    im hoping there is more to the plot than just Superman goes crazy with grief and conquers the world. it's rumored that Ares is involved. perhaps Superman is being manipulated by the god of war.
    Whatever it is, I hope we get to see it unfold gradually, rather than everything happen in one issue. Or watch Superman make a decision, and then have the scene cut to 5 years later or something. That, I do not want. What I want is to see the process. I want to see who supports him and why.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Honestly I've never been a fan of Lois Lane. What ever superman stories I was introduced to her through just did not make her appeal to me. I've later learned an appreciation of her, but she doesn't connect to me emotionally. Most of the complaints about Lois being treated poorly in the New 52 I've shrugged off. I don't care that she is no longer the romantic love of Superman/Clark Kent's life. I think have stories about the complicated state of contemporary journalism is fine for the character, and not having her on the "right side" could be a good starting point for some interesting stories. That said when I heard about this story I felt sickened. Seriously aside from misogynistic it is gridmark at its worst. Just torture and kill the people around Superman to make him his worst. It takes away everything Lois is or could be and reduces it to angst fodder. Also they have to through in the pregnancy to make it all worse, because a woman's life isn't worth much if she's not expecting. And playing up a domestic abuse angle on a love story that for the past couple of decades has been one of the most gentle in comics is vile. With the Scarecrow/nerve toxin "excuse" it makes the whole thing pointless. It's okay to kill your spouse under the influence? No one should agree with that.
    You probably need a definition for misogynistic. If they're killing people around Superman whom are both MAN and WOMAN, I don't see how misogynistic it is. There was also no domestic abuse, throughout every page, there was never a scene where Superman was punching Lois Lane, the writer made sure of that.

Also, what the hell?
    KILLER CROC?
    What a massive waste of space.

Look at that pic again- Killer Croc and everyone are in their Arkhamverse looks. It could be DLC or stage hazards or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Look at that pic again- Killer Croc and everyone are in their Arkhamverse looks. It could be DLC or stage hazards or something.
    I hope it's just a stage hazard similar to the Phantom Zone. I like Croc but there are so many better characters that couldve been chosen. An Arkham stage with the Bat rogues in the background would be super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Lets hope so.

Actually, looking at the picture again, it looks like a photoshop. You can see Croc's hand going through Flash's head. I think Boone is trolling us, as he is wont to do.

So is this an ongoing or what?
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    You probably need a definition for misogynistic. If they're killing people around Superman whom are both MAN and WOMAN, I don't see how misogynistic it is. There was also no domestic abuse, throughout every page, there was never a scene where Superman was punching Lois Lane, the writer made sure of that.
    You know, I don't. Sure they are killing the male characters around Superman too doesn't make it less dehumanizing to any. And though Lois doesn't get beaten by Superman he does directly kill her which echos the outcomes of many domestic abuse situations.

The INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #5 solicit has Damian on the cover, who looks to be siding with Superman against Batman and Nightwing for some reason.

Anyway, have they said whether or not Robin (Damian) is a playable character? As everyone else on the cover is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #5 solicit has Damian on the cover, who looks to be siding with Superman against Batman and Nightwing for some reason.

Anyway, have they said whether or not Robin (Damian) is a playable character? As everyone else on the cover is one.
    A few months ago an image from one of the special edition covers showed some character's symbols. Robins was one of them. So yes, yet another Bat character. But at least it also shows Martian Manhunter.

Ah, okay. Though Robin is probably the 3rd or 4th most iconic DC character so I am fine with him being in the game, even if it another Bat character.

Though if it's Damian that would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    A few months ago an image from one of the special edition covers showed some character's symbols. Robins was one of them. So yes, yet another Bat character. But at least it also shows Martian Manhunter.
    Ugh. I'd actually rather it was Professor X over Martian Manhunter.

Although Martian Manhunter is one character I would like to see NetherRealm drastically redesign.