Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Brothers the Parent Company of DC Entertainment. The CW is also partial owned by them. So it's a long shot you'll see anything on another network (I know they were discussing Wonder Woman with NBC for awhile before NBC decided to drop out on it) They are going to tend to put their shows on the venue they can get so mostly it's going to be CW and Cartoon Network (or some other Turner Network)
    Yes...they put shows on where Time Warner tells them too

there is no option for them to go elsewhere
    Support your local roller derby league

I don't really know that much about how it all works but wouldn't another option be to sell the rights to air the show to another network. Other networks do air DC related shows in syndication and they can't be doing that without having permission to do so. Would it be that difficult to do the same with a show that is currently airing?

In any case, the real problem seems to be that CN was looking for revenue from toy sales to finance the production of the show so I really do think DC needs to partner with some other toy company for their merchandise and they need to also expand it from just toys. I've seen far more merchandise related to other CN shows than I did for YJ or GL so there must be a problem somewhere.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-31-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't really know that much about how it all works but wouldn't another option be to sell the rights to air the show to another network. Other networks do air DC related shows in syndication and they can't be doing that without having permission to do so. Would it be that difficult to do the same with a show that is currently airing?

In any case, the real problem seems to be that CN was looking for revenue from toy sales to finance the production of the show so I really do think DC needs to partner with some other toy company for their merchandise and they need to also expand it from just toys. I've seen far more merchandise related to other CN shows than I did for YJ or GL so there must be a problem somewhere.
    It is possible to shop products to other networks. I believe Warner Brothers actually produces Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory both of which show on CBS but if the other networks aren't interested you can only put the shows on the networks that will have them. I'm not sure if Cartoon Network or DC Entertainment is the one that would be responsible for finding companies to license products but Mattel is the company that Warner's uses for DC Entertainment (in fact they signed a multi-year deal back in 2011 to produce toys for Young Justice, GL:TAS, The Dark Knight Rises, and Superman: The Man of Steel) as for other licensed products I don't know. I'd have like to have seen some Young Justice Shirts, Backpacks and things of that nature. I know they did release some Halloween Outfits from Rubies Costume Company (sold at Walmart and on Amazon) but I don't know how demand was for them or if the line has been continued.

After the shows are produced and reach a certain number of episodes they can be sold into stripped syndication to whomever is the highest bidder. I believe Superman was shown on Toon Disney in their Jetix Block and now on the Hub same with Batman TAS. Static Shock appeared on Disney XD for awhile. Justice League Unlimited is now on Vortex. Teen Titans, The Batman and Young Justice are on Boomerang (another Turner Network).
    Last edited by Jadenewt; 01-31-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

I really hope Blue Beetle doesn't become a forgotten character once the show is over. Unlike Superboy, Nightwing/Robin, Impulse/Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, etc., he's not connected to any of DC's big families. The other characters will always have a place in the DCU because even if they don't have a book their mentors and parents will always have a monthly. Blue Beetle's book got cancelled (granted I didn't like Bedard's take on the character) so his only hope of appearing in the DCU is on the occasional team.

I just hope this show got to finish its story fully, and doesn't end on a cliff hanger. This happens to too many shows. So hopefully it gets to finish to its conclusion fully.

And what I'd really like to see is a New 52 Young Justice ongoing comic come out that continues the story of the team in the DC Comic Universe. Key members that should be included are.....

1. Dick Grayson as Robin or Nightwing
    2. Artemis as herself dressed like Green Arrow (like in the show) or with the Tigress costume and alias (like in the show, but with her blonde hair not black hair)
    3. Wally West with the codename The Flash, Kid Flash, or Impulse
    4. Miss Martian
    5. Kaldur (the one from show, as in he looks like the Kaldur from the show) and Kaldur is codenamed Aqualad or Tempest
    6. Superboy (If the comic takes place on Earth Prime, he could always leave TT and join YJ) (And if Superboy has to stay in the TT comic, I would have Lagoon Boy take his place in the main 6. And I'd have Lagoon Boy be a couple with Miss Martian like in the show)

Those 6 characters are the main characters that must be included. The team can add other members right from the start or later on.

The comic book can take place on a Multiverse Earth (like Earth 16, where Young Justice takes place on) or on the DCU New 52 Earth Prime.

Honorable mentions of my other favorite characters I'd peronally like to see are.....

1. Roy Harper/Arsenal (the one with the robot arm that can turn into a laser cannon)(I would be cool with DC introducing a one armed Roy Harper clone into the New 52, and codename him Red Arrow or Speedy. As long as he still has his robot arm that can turn into a laser cannon, it would be cool.) (That is one idea how to get this character into the New 52 Earth Prime Universe. You have this guy be a clone of the Roy Harper in Red Hood & The Outlaws.) (It changes things up from the show, but it would still be cool. This character is too cool not to be in the comics.)
    2. Beast Boy (It doesn't matter to me if Beast Boy is green, red, or younger and looks like a monkey. Beast Boy is always Beast Boy! And Beast Boy is awsome!)
    3. Lagoon Boy
    4. Bumblebee
    5. Mal Duncan (He can stay as just himself, a human, like on the show. He could also be a super hero like The Guardian, or a different super hero alias. I like him either way, and I would include him on a Young Justice comic book team.)
    6. Cassie Sandsmark/Wondergirl (If the comic takes place on Earth Prime, she could always leave TT and join YJ.)

P.S. - If the comic takes place on Earth Prime, and Dick Grayson as Nightwing is on the team, a Robin could still be on the team. Damian Wayne as Robin could be on the team. Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne used to work together as Batman & Robin on Earth Prime, so it would make for some great team dynamic bewteen the 2 of them. If the comic is on a Mutliverse Earth (like Earth 16, where Young Justice takes place on), then Tim Drake as Robin could of course be included. Along with alot of other characters that wouldn't have to follow any of the DCU New 52 rules, if the comic is on a Mutliverse Earth.

The point I am trying to make here is that there is alot of room for a Young Justice comic in the New 52. There is alot of room for a Young Justice comic, even on the New 52 Earth Prime Universe. Most of these characters have not even been introduced in the New 52 yet. And as for Artemis, a writer could easily come up with a way that Artemis survived The Culling. Scott Lobdell even hinted on twitter that Artemis could have survived. So that should take care of that. And as for Wally West, DC Comics has said that they want to bring him back eventually. When they do bring him back, they will need a comic to bring him back in. Young Justice could be that comic. I am just pointing out that there is alot of room for a Young Justice comic in the New 52.

Man, just took a peak over at the Cartoon Network and Dc Nation pages and it's basically tons and tons of comments asking for the show to be renewed. I've NEVER seen a community get together this much to save 2 shows. Not even with Jericho. So many people are fighting for their renewals it's insane!

That's the thing I love the most about it.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Man, just took a peak over at the Cartoon Network and Dc Nation pages and it's basically tons and tons of comments asking for the show to be renewed. I've NEVER seen a community get together this much to save 2 shows. Not even with Jericho. So many people are fighting for their renewals it's insane!

That's the thing I love the most about it.
    A lot of folks in the YJ and GLAS fandom have been watching Cartoon Network since the network first aired. For them this is not the first time a show they enjoyed have been cancelled. I think folks are just sick of it.

I guess some could say that if the fandom had all gone out and perchaced the toys and DVDs this wouldn't have happened. But I can't blame the fandom because the toys were overpriced and crappy. The DVD sets had like four episodes a set. I can't imagine parents buying such things for their children, or adults buying such things for themselves. However, I would not be surprised if there is a massive sales drive for the video game (if it ever gets out of development). The fandom was already excited for the game because it is supposed to fill the narrative gap between the seasons, now they may see it as a way to send the network a message.

Put your money where your mouth is and buy the game that comes out this month.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Honestly, I would be pleasantly surprised if fandom actually saves both shows but there have been tonnes of nice cartoon shows I watched in the past that just ended so I am not holding my breath on either surviving this culling. Really, my wish is that both be given at least another season so they can wrap everything up. Green Lantern I think might have it easy to accomplish but Young Justice... I can't see them defeating the Light in a satisfying way. The Reach quite possibly but the big bads who had been manipulating things from season 1? Can't see it being done in a good way in the short number of episodes left. And the makers have even said that the drop to 20 episodes hadn't hurt the story but did hurt them in making character focus episodes on the new team members. We hardly know anything about Wonder Girl or Batgirl beyond their comic origins.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Master of All I Survey

I liked the GL cartoon. I will miss it. I hope it's released on DVD/Blu-ray.

Basing that on the sale of the action figure line, tho, would be a bit stupid. The figure line was doomed from the start, and had little to do with the movie. We're 20 years past kids wanting 5 points of articulation. Put the GL movie figs next to the same size Marvel figs... no comparison. I only bought some out of love for the franchise.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Easier said than done. The game doesn't even have a release date yet.

There is also a question of quality. I'm sure a lot of folks will go out and buy the game on principal, just to support the show. Hopefully it will be a solid game, however, it shouldn't be that way. Consumers shouldn't feel like they have to buy any old crap just to support a show they love. The network complains about toy sales but the toy's released by Mattel were not worth the price. To my knowledge this isn't a new thing with Mattel's action figures, the quality has simply gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Easier said than done. The game doesn't even have a release date yet.

There is also a question of quality. I'm sure a lot of folks will go out and buy the game on principal, just to support the show. Hopefully it will be a solid game, however, it shouldn't be that way. Consumers shouldn't feel like they have to buy any old crap just to support a show they love. The network complains about toy sales but the toy's released by Mattel were not worth the price. To my knowledge this isn't a new thing with Mattel's action figures, the quality has simply gone down.
    indeed...as a gamer, licensed games typically suck the high hard one, unless you're Lego
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    I just hope we don't get a repeat of what happened with the Static Shock Game that was suppose to tie into the TV series. The Website seems sort of dead and Little Orbit's twitter and facebook pages haven't been updated since December. With the game coming out at the end of the month (at least that's the date listed on the pre-orders) and the announced cancellation of the show you'd think they'd be ramping up the media blitz to get the game some recognition.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Consumers shouldn't feel like they have to buy any old crap just to support a show they love.
    Seriously. It's one of the reasons I try not to get attached to any TV show on CN. Most shows, on most networks, just ask that people watch the show if they like it.