Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    My exposure to the first three doctors is extremely limited, so I don't have as much attachment to them.
    Protip: Second Doctor is the best Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Protip: Second Doctor is the best Doctor.
    Well, supposedly he's Matt Smith's favorite.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

This is correct.

I looked at it but ultimately didn't pick it up. My exposure to the first three doctors is extremely limited, so I don't have as much attachment to them. But part of the reason I passed was that this was such an expensive week for me already. If there's a copy left, I may give it another look next week.
    You really need to see some more first Doctor adventures Jim, he's hands down my favorite.

I loved the big shot of various companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Wow, when's the last time William Hartnell has been in a comic?
    Counting flashbacks?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

When was the Doctor's previous adventure involving the Zarbi and the Animus? Was it on TV or part of the EU?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

There is an old saying I always remember in these cases: a true Whovian is a fan of the doctor, not an actor.

;)
    http://blogojett.blogspot.com/

www.capelesscrusader.org

Reads: Batman & Robin, Batman, Walking Dead, Chew, Saga, Prophet, TMNT, Planetoid, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Judge Dredd, Bedlam

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    When was the Doctor's previous adventure involving the Zarbi and the Animus? Was it on TV or part of the EU?
    It was a TV episode (well: several episodes, as was the standard Who format of the time).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by jetter_cheeze View Post
    There is an old saying I always remember in these cases: a true Whovian is a fan of the doctor, not an actor.

;)
    Not sure if that's a response to my statement or not, but I am hardly a fan of just an actor. I watched the 4th through 7th Doctors when they were playing on PBS in the US during the 1980's and since then have watched both the movie and the new show from Eccleston's first episode. I said I've had less exposure to the first three Doctors because that's the truth; those earlier shows have never run on my local TV where I've had access to them.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Not sure if that's a response to my statement or not, but I am hardly a fan of just an actor. I watched the 4th through 7th Doctors when they were playing on PBS in the US during the 1980's and since then have watched both the movie and the new show from Eccleston's first episode. I said I've had less exposure to the first three Doctors because that's the truth; those earlier shows have never run on my local TV where I've had access to them.
    It is one of my standard responses whenever people start talking about their favorite Doctor. No offense meant.

There is Netflix out there, and they have a good selection of Doctor Who for streaming and DVD. It is how I've "caught up" somewhat, if you can describe trying to watch decades of a TV show as "catching up."

www.capelesscrusader.org

Reads: Batman & Robin, Batman, Walking Dead, Chew, Saga, Prophet, TMNT, Planetoid, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Judge Dredd, Bedlam

That doesn't seem to be true though, nearly everyone has a favorite regeneration of the Doctor, and stating that you prefer William Hartnell, John Pertwee or Christopher Ecceleston over Colin Baker or Slyester McCoy hardly makes one any less of a "true" Whovian. It actually seems to be pretty silly to say that talking about your favorite Doctor makes you less of a fan, preferences are natural and occur in just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It was a TV episode (well: several episodes, as was the standard Who format of the time).
    Thx I found it, it's called The Web Planet. It's now on my 'To Watch List'.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That doesn't seem to be true though, nearly everyone has a favorite regeneration of the Doctor, and stating that you prefer William Hartnell, John Pertwee or Christopher Ecceleston over Colin Baker or Slyester McCoy hardly makes one any less of a "true" Whovian. It actually seems to be pretty silly to say that talking about your favorite Doctor makes you less of a fan, preferences are natural and occur in just about anything.
    I thought the smiley face at the end of the saying would indicate it being a joke. We all play favorites, but I find it fun to pull that saying out for Whovians. If I were to take it down a serious path, I would consider that no one actor can fully portray the Doctor much in the same way no one actor could truly capture Hamlet. The character will overshadow any individual actor who portrays him.

www.capelesscrusader.org

It doesn't really work though, for either the Doctor or Hamlet. It's a "No true Scotsman" kind of statement, which bring nothing to any discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It doesn't really work though, for either the Doctor or Hamlet. It's a "No true Scotsman" kind of statement, which bring nothing to any discussion.
    Well it is a good thing I think of it as a joke and don't take it seriously.

I am glad that this villain for the comic is looking at the doctor in more of a big picture kind of sense. It will make future issues very interesting with how they all tie together.

www.capelesscrusader.org