Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That cover for Winter Soldier #19 is so good. 0_0 Wow. I thought that series was doing pretty good for a not-major character title, plus they've got to hype up the upcoming movie.

Calm down, guys. Winter Soldier will probably get a new #1 when the second Captain America movie launches.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'll probably pick up DA in trade, WS however after this past arc I dropped it.
    I'd definitely recomend the series. Parker does an amazing job with crafting the characters to actually make you care and want to see where their story goes. He's even made a character like Toxic Doxie someone of an interesting character in her own right when my original opinion of her was wondering why she was still in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    I was disappointed that the Dark Avengers story is taking place in a different reality. I want to see these characters interact with the real Avengers and the mainstream Marvel Universe in clever ways, rather than being isolated from them.
    I don't know, I find that them being placed somewhere where they can be heroes is something good for them. Kind of like how the original Thunderbolts changed from their time of pretending to be heroes actually coming to want to be heroes. Their time here could lead to some interesting interactions in the future as well as making them more compelling.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I'm not pointing a finger at you specifically, but this is how making a rumour into an article works. People read the 'article' and because it's being presented with a veneer of respectability (even though its no different to someone posting their personal thoughts on a forum) they're inclined to believe it.

For some reason (that seems almost unique to comics) a section of the readership takes this as a signal to either drop the book or not "risk" picking it up, and the rumour becomes self-fulfilling. LCS owners order less because of the droppers, the (inaccurate) Diamond figures report a drop, people wail doom and gloom.

The hack who publishes the original rumour points to how their prediction has "come true" and people like the OP invest more in the hack's future predictions, going as far as spreading the word for him.

As Thom Yorke once sang; you do it to yourself.
    I wish everyone understood this, especially the bolded part.
    "There comes a time, when even gods must die." - Lex Luthor

Never underestimate a farmboy: Just look at Superman, Luke Skywalker, and Link!

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

If true, how about re-launching DARK AVENGERS as a supernatural/horror team book?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    If true, how about re-launching DARK AVENGERS as a supernatural/horror team book?
    Aka Copying Justice League Dark?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    how is that different from what it is now? Ai Apaec is a chimera god with a reputation for torture and bloodletting. Ragnarok is frankenstein's monster. June Covington's a modern day witch. U.S. Agent's new limbs are a brain-eating alien symbiote.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    how is that different from what it is now? Ai Apaec is a chimera god with a reputation for torture and bloodletting. Ragnarok is frankenstein's monster. June Covington's a modern day witch. U.S. Agent's new limbs are a brain-eating alien symbiote.
    If it gives Jeff Parker a chance to write Satana and Dr Strange again, I'm in favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'd definitely recomend the series. Parker does an amazing job with crafting the characters to actually make you care and want to see where their story goes. He's even made a character like Toxic Doxie someone of an interesting character in her own right when my original opinion of her was wondering why she was still in the book.

I don't know, I find that them being placed somewhere where they can be heroes is something good for them. Kind of like how the original Thunderbolts changed from their time of pretending to be heroes actually coming to want to be heroes. Their time here could lead to some interesting interactions in the future as well as making them more compelling.

Ill take your word for it on DA. I don't think the next story arc for WS will be good which is why I'm dropping it. I'm guessing with SA around the corner WS will probably be Buckys setup

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Why? If I may ask.

I think the new team looks to be doing some amazing. If nothing else, Latour (sp?) seems to 'get' Bucky.

I don't think the next story arc of WS will be any good

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Aka Copying Justice League Dark?
    I think maybe a new dark avengers to oppose the current large team of avengers. Kind of an opposing title.. Just like bendis did with dark and new. No crapy d list characters/thunderbolts

Kind of felt this was in the cards with Dark Avengers for a while, bland cover art is a sure sign of cancellation, frankly I just hope Jeff Parker gets a different book. He is one of Marvel's underrated writers and a great talent capable of melding previous stories into his own and getting the best of them.

Winter Soldier is weird given how relatively low key Marvel has been about the book and I believe it hasn't even had an issue with the new writer released yet. Eh, time will telll, I am glad more Marvel books are advertising over titles in the final page

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    I really doubt these titles have been canceled so quickly, the Latour/Klein run hasn't even begun yet and Dark Avengers is barely past the first arc.
    Considering Dark Avengers is just a direct continuation of Thunderbolts with a different name, they may have been looking at cancelling it for a while. Heck, after the Dark Avengers name bump it got, it dropping back down to the levels Thunderbolts was selling for.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Hope we don't lose DA. While it's not Parker's best work, I am still enjoying the book. As far as I am concerned it is still called Thunderbolts and there is no other book by that name.

WS, I am not surprised about though. I expected it as soon as Bru announced he was leaving. I don't expect it to make it through one arc with the new writer... I just don't see fans giving him a chance, and the sales dropping immediately, regardless of quality... which is a shame, because it could be really good. Though I do have to say, I have been quite bored with Bru's run on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I don't think the next story arc of WS will be any good
    I understood as much from the "I'm dropping it" comment. I was wondering why? What is it that seems so bad?

I'm kind of stoked for the next issue, to be honest. And the art is perfect! I'm not familiar with Latour's writing, but his interviews seem to convey a strong grasp of Bucky and his little world.

Or are you just one of those people who follows creators and not characters?
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.