Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yep Matt, that's how it works, you challenge Kurosawa and he gets his panties in a bunch, can't take it, so puts you on ignore so he can continue his SHUSTERSIEGELMAGGIN ONLY!!! old man rants without having to back any of them up to any pesky posters who dare challenge him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yep Matt, that's how it works, you challenge Kurosawa and he gets his panties in a bunch, can't take it, so puts you on ignore so he can continue his SHUSTERSIEGELMAGGIN ONLY!!! old man rants without having to back any of them up to any pesky posters who dare challenge him.
    No, I only put people on ignore like you who are disrespectful and insulting to me and troll my posts looking to argue. I have people on my friends list that I disagree with a lot, but they don't make it personal and insult and ridicule me, they just debate in an informed manner.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Ignore feature is kinda moot when you read and respond to people you're ignoring anyway.

Its good to know though that you have some friends who don't insult and ridicule you like you to do to so many others here. Like Matt did anything to warrant that crybaby post you just threw at him.

Ignore feature is kinda moot when you read and respond to people you're ignoring anyway.

Its good to know though that you have some friends who don't insult and ridicule you like you to do to so many others here. Like Matt did anything to warrant that crybaby post you just threw at him.
    Like you, he is always confrontational and insulting to me. In fact until today you had done a nice job of ignoring my posts and not insulting me.

I was honoring your request to leave you alone. But I found myself wondering why I should bother honoring anything you ask. You want all this respect and courtesy yet offer none to anyone else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.

I was honoring your request to leave you alone. But I found myself wondering why I should bother honoring anything you ask. You want all this respect and courtesy yet offer none to anyone else.
    Have I trolled your posts and made comments on them? No. I am here to talk comics, not to talk about other posters. If I have a strong personality conflict I choose the ignore option. Mat has always ignored my requests to be ignored. Until today, you honored my requests. I would like it if you could go back to doing that. We have no reason to argue; there are plenty of other posters here you can argue with if that is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by King Krypton View Post
    Shuster designed the costume to reflect sci-fi costuming and athletic wear of his day. His Superman was intended to be fully contemporary for the time. 75 years later, sleeker, one-piece costumes are the standard for both sci-fi costuming and athletic wear. How is it "disrespecting" Shuster to update Superman's look to be in keeping with contemporary tastes -- you know, the very same thing Shuster was doing at the time he first designed it?

Oh, wait. It's not disrespectful at all and you know it. You just personally don't want anything different from what YOU envision. News flash: nobody gets everything they want the way they want it, and fictional characters with lasting appeal WILL undergo changes and tweaks as time goes on. This is the way it is with Robin Hood, with Dracula, with Sherlock Holmes, with Hamlet...and with Superman. He rolls with that crowd now, and the sooner people accept that, the better.
    Well... I dont know about that. This guy appeared long before Superman.

And has been copied by every. body. in. every. factor.

The first real superhero. Along with the FIRST superhero costume with every single iconic superhero feature in it he also had the superhero ethics code code of with no killing.
    Last edited by Cypher-Z; 01-30-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    Well... I dont know about that. This guy appeared long before Superman.

And has been copied by every. body. in. every. factor.

The first real superhero. Along with the FIRST superhero costume with every single iconic superhero feature in it he also had the superhero ethics code code of with no killing.
    The Phantom first appeared in 1936, but Superman was first created in 1934.

The costume came from circus costumes and also was inspired by Charles Atlas. The trunks came directly from him.

http://fortress-of-solitude.nu/super...ster_atlas.php

Meeting Charles Atlas was a huge moment in Joe Shuster's life. His creation was in Atlas' image: the powerful man who was once meek and scrawny but never forgot where he came from and stood up for the little guy. Shuster himself was very much into fitness. When you take the trunks off of the costume because they're not kewl in 2013, you are taking away part of the historical and personal context in which Superman was created. This is what WB/DC wants. They legally took Superman away from Jerry and Joe years ago, and cemented it with the recent court decision, but they also do all they can to take Superman away from who they were as meek, introverted Jewish-Americans. What they have done is the exact opposite of the old Charles Atlas ads that used to appear in their comics. The bullies have kicked sand in the little guys face and went off with the girl, and there's no comeuppance for them.
    Last edited by Kurosawa; 01-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    The Phantom first appeared in 1936, but Superman was first created in 1934.

The costume came from circus costumes and also was inspired by Charles Atlas. The trunks came directly from him.

http://fortress-of-solitude.nu/super...ster_atlas.php

Meeting Charles Atlas was a huge moment in Joe Shuster's life. His creation was in Atlas' image: the powerful man who was once meek and scrawny but never forgot where he came from and stood up for the little guy. Shuster himself was very much into fitness. When you take the trunks off of the costume because they're not kewl in 2013, you are taking away part of the historical and personal context in which Superman was created. This is what WB/DC wants. They legally took Superman away from Jerry and Joe years ago, and cemented it with the recent court decision, but they also do all they can to take Superman away from who they were as meek, introverted Jewish-Americans. What they have done is the exact opposite of the old Charles Atlas ads that used to appear in their comics. The bullies have kicked sand in the little guys face and went off with the girl, and there's no comeuppance for them.
    *Facepalm* Derp, thats right the papers, I forgot. I was going by original 30's evil bald Superman incarnation when he didnt have a costume then by his first solo debut in 38, in which Phantom would've preceded him by two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    *Facepalm* Derp, thats right the papers, I forgot. I was going by original 30's evil bald Superman incarnation when he didnt have a costume then by his first solo debut in 38, in which Phantom would've preceded him by two.
    Yeah, that was "The Superman" which was created in 1933. The Superman we know and love was created in 1934. Shuster and Lee Fauk arrived at similar costumes independently of each other but drew inspiration from similar sources. The Phantom is an awesome character in his own right and I'm sure the success of the strip helped get Superman published in 1938.

Well the thing is that the Superman concept came up in 1934, but didnt see publication till 1938.

Phantom technically did have first world wide publication and appeal. The whole mask without pupils, duel identity, super natural legend, the color, undies, the whole set which has been mirrored in all comics.

I consider them both ground breaking for different reasons but I never see Phantom getting the credit he's due.

Like you, he is always confrontational and insulting to me. In fact until today you had done a nice job of ignoring my posts and not insulting me.
    If I was insulting you, I'd say something that would get me banned. As to being confrontational, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your beliefs. If Shuster had changed the costume before he left DC, would you object to such a change? And how is pointing out that Marvel films have changed their costumes, much less their comics, make me a DC shill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    If I was insulting you, I'd say something that would get me banned. As to being confrontational, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your beliefs. If Shuster had changed the costume before he left DC, would you object to such a change? And how is pointing out that Marvel films have changed their costumes, much less their comics, make me a DC shill?
    You follow me around when I have asked you not to, I do not respond to your posts unless they are responses to my posts, we do not like each other and do not agree on anything, and I am not looking for confrontation, especially confrontations with you. And no, if Shuster had changed the costume I of course would have no issue with it because it is his creation and I always respect the wishes of the characters creator. I find you to be a DC shill because you support everything they do and question nothing, unless of course it is in their past, in which case you consider it all to be garbage.

I am not looking to argue with you. I am looking to never speak to you again. We do not agree, you are always confrontational and insulting to me, and I have pleaded with you over and over to just ignore me. There are plenty of people on here who will be happy to have flame wars with you. Go pick on them.

Ah thanks for the scans! I can't wait to pick up the issue and read it!

Really looking forward to june- & I won't be reading any Clois spoilers, lol

You follow me around when I have asked you not to, I do not respond to your posts unless they are responses to my posts, we do not like each other and do not agree on anything, and I am not looking for confrontation, especially confrontations with you. And no, if Shuster had changed the costume I of course would have no issue with it because it is his creation and I always respect the wishes of the characters creator. I find you to be a DC shill because you support everything they do and question nothing, unless of course it is in their past, in which case you consider it all to be garbage.

I am not looking to argue with you. I am looking to never speak to you again. We do not agree, you are always confrontational and insulting to me, and I have pleaded with you over and over to just ignore me. There are plenty of people on here who will be happy to have flame wars with you. Go pick on them.
    To be completely honest, in every Superman thread I've been went into in the last few months (specifically Man ofSteel threads) you come in critcize the whole thing posting up a storm and it really all boils down to the same argument. Everybody got your position the first time. Now you are just being that negative nancy comic book guy who complains that the adaptation doesn't fit your version of the character.

The rest of your arguments are pretty poor as well. Like your rationale on Marvel beating DC. Here's a fact, every Marvel movie has done major alterations to the characters to fit mainstream audiences. There fans are just accustom to it. The Last two Batman films slaughtered every single Marvel solo hero film at the box office.