Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Red Robin gets his own title, Teen Titans needs to shift its focus off him a little bit and have someone else take over as de facto leader of the group.
    Kind of did what they did pre-52 but yeah shift the focus off him and more on Wonder Girl as the leader. It would be nice to see a RR solo book but annoying as well...cause it is money.

BANNED

I'm hoping for Tynion on Red Robin. I'm okay with how Lobdell writes him, but he doesn't need Teen Titans AND Red Robin.

Really meh on the rest of that. Though I suppose a Kindt MM is a step-up over that Savage Hawkman crap.

I cringe thinking that bringing back a Superman/Batman title would be an excuse for a company-wide crossover.
    Not that they need an excuse to do that.

I have zero interest in Red Robin and Superman / Batman, I never read those books pre-New 52, and since I dislike Tim Drake and Superman / Batman team-ups, unless the creative teams are ridic I don't see myself buying those.

Martian Manhunter I would imagine has been converted into the JLA backup.

DC Presents and Brave and the Bold I need to know more about. I think Brave and the Bold is a cool idea but it's hard to keep up interest in that on a monthly basis. The last volume had a pretty strong creative team (Mark Waid and George Perez) and still failed.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    DC Comics Presents was a Superman team-up. Then Brave and the Bold was Batman team-up.
    Not always for B&B, though. The first team-up in the original run of B&tB was Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter, and that was in issue #50. Batman didn't have a team-up until issue #59 (with GL), then he was with Eclipso in #64, and issue #67 he seemed to be more regularly teaming up with other characters. (He wasn't featured in issues #72 and #73, though.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I miss the Batman/Superman bromance, so I'd be looking forward to that, as long as the writing and art delivers.

As much as I used to love Tim, DC'd have to completely overhaul the character and concept before thet got my interest. I'd need to see the other titles before knowing if it's something I'd be interested in.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

DC Comics Presents and Brave and the Bold could be the 'linked' books Fialkov was talking about. That'd be quite nice -- something that might have the legs to stick around, really.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    DC Comics Presents and Brave and the Bold could be the 'linked' books Fialkov was talking about. That'd be quite nice -- something that might have the legs to stick around, really.
    Great connection! I'd definitely pick them up if he's on them.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I'd have thought the "DC _____ Presents!" brand to be a bit toxic at the moment.
    The concept of a "try-out" book is probably toxic, but if the content is entirely different (a Superman team-up book, for instance), I think the actual name of the title is more or less irrelevant.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I'd love to see a Red Robin book once again, as long as it has a competent writer (no Lobdell, please).
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Another Superman/Batman comic book (echoing the past). No surprises there. Leave it for a company to rely on the same old tactics to try and get sales. But the problem isnt the titles, its the quality there-in and sustaining it.

I hope Meltzer is never even allowed to pitch for DC again.

The only time I've ever hoped Rob Liefeld was right. To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: 'BRING ME THE RED ROBIN!'

Of the books on that list I'd be happy to see a Martian Manhunter series. I think that it could fit any tone that the writer might want to use and the concept is interesting enough. I hope that the backup in JLA is a way to introduce this book and not a replacement for it. As for the rest of the books, I need to see a creative team to get excited because I don't care too much for those concepts alone and I have no clue what DCCP would be.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Another Superman/Batman comic book (echoing the past). No surprises there. Leave it for a company to rely on the same old tactics to try and get sales. But the problem isnt the titles, its the quality there-in and sustaining it.
    Well for years a Batman/Superman book was on the shelves, I'm surprised it took them this long to put this out. When properly written, their dynamic is great and their stories are limitless.

I said earlier this year that I think DC is gonna try to build the relationships and friendships of DC characters outside their respective families.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."