Page 189 of 334 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5001
  1. #2821
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I actually forgot about Classic X-Men until I got to the Dark Phoenix Saga. So I went back and read the additional pages + the back tales before continuing with Uncanny. There's a great Shaw/Emma/Leland story in it. Poor Lourdes.
    Yeah, see i wanted to read them as soon as i read the corresponding Uncanny issue, but i figured it would make things even more confusing as the new pages would have retconned stuff that hadn't happened in Uncanny yet.

  2. #2822
    #YOLO Prodigy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chinar
    Posts
    22,642

    Default

    fuck anthony ryan. snooze.

    but at least he can make a line thats not 12 identical maxi dresses.

  3. #2823
    Elder Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Yeah, see i wanted to read them as soon as i read the corresponding Uncanny issue, but i figured it would make things even more confusing as the new pages would have retconned stuff that hadn't happened in Uncanny yet.
    But it's so good seeing Reverend Craig yelling at Moira for giving Rahne a ride right before she gets a letter from Xavier calling her to NY to be his "housekeeper" lol.

    But yeah, lots of stuff yet to be revelead in Uncanny are teased here. For instance, in that Christmas night when the Sentinels capture the X-Men (before Jean turns into Phoenix) we have an additional scene of Nightcrawler's date with Amanda and we can get inside her head and learn that she knows who he is. But it's fun.

  4. #2824
    Future XPOTM Majinoaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    But it's so good seeing Reverend Craig yelling at Moira for giving Rahne a ride right before she gets a letter from Xavier calling her to NY to be his "housekeeper" lol.

    But yeah, lots of stuff yet to be revelead in Uncanny are teased here. For instance, in that Christmas night when the Sentinels capture the X-Men (before Jean turns into Phoenix) we have an additional scene of Nightcrawler's date with Amanda and we can get inside her head and learn that she knows who he is. But it's fun.
    I like Briggs Revenge, drawn by Jim Lee. That one was great. Storm was very Beyonce like in that issue, before Beyonce even made it big.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

  5. #2825
    Elder Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,139

    Default

    lol



  6. #2826
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I bought the vinyl the day it came out. Also went to see them last October.
    FFFFFfffffff...

    They never come to Vancouver. I DID get to see Sonic Youth and MBV at Nightmare Before Christmas in Minehead, so I can still die sort of happy.

  7. #2827
    Hey slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    9,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Cheap crap, produced cheaply and in bulk. SF is a highly unfashionable city so it appeals to the boring drones here.
    I like how they look for "fashionistas" when they're hiring.

  8. #2828
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I like how they look for "fashionistas" when they're hiring.
    More appropriately, template trendwhores.

  9. #2829
    ... Dr. Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    lol
    *panels of the Shi'ar queen acting a fool*
    for reals. Illy is in no way a Claremazon.
    My vote instead would go to the superior Tiger Tiger
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

  10. #2830
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianJCote View Post
    FFFFFfffffff...

    They never come to Vancouver. I DID get to see Sonic Youth and MBV at Nightmare Before Christmas in Minehead, so I can still die sort of happy.
    Mascis and Barlow, in as fine a form as ever. Mascis said nothing, Barlow all chatty with the audience.

  11. #2831
    Future XPOTM Majinoaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    for reals. Illy is in no way a Claremazon.
    My vote instead would go to the superior Tiger Tiger
    Now that was a great character. That whole Madripoor set was awesome. Then Larry Hama kills most of them off panel. I mean c'mon... Odonnell, Coy, the Police chief (I forget his name) - Archie, the Prince... Wolverine had a strong supporting cast at one point. Those initial issues were strong and had a distinct flavor.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

  12. #2832
    C'est kinky Seresecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Mascis and Barlow, in as fine a form as ever. Mascis said nothing, Barlow all chatty with the audience.

  13. #2833
    judging you tlp0708's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York
    Posts
    14,862

    Default

    Entertain me whores.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

    XPOTM: May 2010

    pff, pryde -- teddy

  14. #2834
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,261

    Default

    Love me some Larry Hama Wolverine.

  15. #2835
    ... Dr. Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Now that was a great character. That whole Madripoor set was awesome. Then Larry Hama kills most of them off panel. I mean c'mon... Odonnell, Coy, the Police chief (I forget his name) - Archie, the Prince... Wolverine had a strong supporting cast at one point. Those initial issues were strong and had a distinct flavor.
    Wolvie's entire Madripoor adventures were just amazing.
    Comics at their best. I even liked the ridic ManThing follow up freature that used to run in the back pages of the Madripoor issues of Marvel Comics Presents..
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •