Page 189 of 334 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5001
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I actually forgot about Classic X-Men until I got to the Dark Phoenix Saga. So I went back and read the additional pages + the back tales before continuing with Uncanny. There's a great Shaw/Emma/Leland story in it. Poor Lourdes.
    Yeah, see i wanted to read them as soon as i read the corresponding Uncanny issue, but i figured it would make things even more confusing as the new pages would have retconned stuff that hadn't happened in Uncanny yet.

fuck anthony ryan. snooze.

but at least he can make a line thats not 12 identical maxi dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Yeah, see i wanted to read them as soon as i read the corresponding Uncanny issue, but i figured it would make things even more confusing as the new pages would have retconned stuff that hadn't happened in Uncanny yet.
    But it's so good seeing Reverend Craig yelling at Moira for giving Rahne a ride right before she gets a letter from Xavier calling her to NY to be his "housekeeper" lol.

But yeah, lots of stuff yet to be revelead in Uncanny are teased here. For instance, in that Christmas night when the Sentinels capture the X-Men (before Jean turns into Phoenix) we have an additional scene of Nightcrawler's date with Amanda and we can get inside her head and learn that she knows who he is. But it's fun.

But it's so good seeing Reverend Craig yelling at Moira for giving Rahne a ride right before she gets a letter from Xavier calling her to NY to be his "housekeeper" lol.

But yeah, lots of stuff yet to be revelead in Uncanny are teased here. For instance, in that Christmas night when the Sentinels capture the X-Men (before Jean turns into Phoenix) we have an additional scene of Nightcrawler's date with Amanda and we can get inside her head and learn that she knows who he is. But it's fun.
    I like Briggs Revenge, drawn by Jim Lee. That one was great. Storm was very Beyonce like in that issue, before Beyonce even made it big.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I bought the vinyl the day it came out. Also went to see them last October.
    FFFFFfffffff...

They never come to Vancouver. I DID get to see Sonic Youth and MBV at Nightmare Before Christmas in Minehead, so I can still die sort of happy.

Cheap crap, produced cheaply and in bulk. SF is a highly unfashionable city so it appeals to the boring drones here.
    I like how they look for "fashionistas" when they're hiring.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I like how they look for "fashionistas" when they're hiring.
    More appropriately, template trendwhores.

lol
    *panels of the Shi'ar queen acting a fool*
    for reals. Illy is in no way a Claremazon.
    My vote instead would go to the superior Tiger Tiger
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianJCote View Post
    FFFFFfffffff...

They never come to Vancouver. I DID get to see Sonic Youth and MBV at Nightmare Before Christmas in Minehead, so I can still die sort of happy.
    Mascis and Barlow, in as fine a form as ever. Mascis said nothing, Barlow all chatty with the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    for reals. Illy is in no way a Claremazon.
    My vote instead would go to the superior Tiger Tiger
    Now that was a great character. That whole Madripoor set was awesome. Then Larry Hama kills most of them off panel. I mean c'mon... Odonnell, Coy, the Police chief (I forget his name) - Archie, the Prince... Wolverine had a strong supporting cast at one point. Those initial issues were strong and had a distinct flavor.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Mascis and Barlow, in as fine a form as ever. Mascis said nothing, Barlow all chatty with the audience.

the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York

Entertain me whores.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

XPOTM: May 2010

pff, pryde -- teddy

BANNED

Love me some Larry Hama Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Now that was a great character. That whole Madripoor set was awesome. Then Larry Hama kills most of them off panel. I mean c'mon... Odonnell, Coy, the Police chief (I forget his name) - Archie, the Prince... Wolverine had a strong supporting cast at one point. Those initial issues were strong and had a distinct flavor.
    Wolvie's entire Madripoor adventures were just amazing.
    Comics at their best. I even liked the ridic ManThing follow up freature that used to run in the back pages of the Madripoor issues of Marvel Comics Presents..
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12