Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Ryan Stegman Becomes A "Superior Spider-Man" Artist

After launching the hotly debated "Superior Spider-Man," artist Ryan Stegman says it's the dream project he never realized he wanted, describing its unique pressures and his plans to redefine Spidey's villains.

Full article here.

Yeah,Stegman is a great choice to be the illustrator of Superior Spider-Man.
    That kinetic art style he have works really well in the Spidey stories.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I'm looking forward to the encounters with the classic villains=----The Living Brain--"WHY WAS I PROGRAMMED TO FEEL PAIN?? WHYYyyyy..."
    CLASSIC.
    I tried looking up the Straw Hat Law, but I guess The Amish haven'[t made it to the Internet yet.

Stegman is doing an incredible job of bringing an evil look to Peter's body. Doesn't look like the friendly neighborohod spider-man we've always had. Hopefully he'll be around after this doc oc shenanigans is over. I'd like to see him draw the real spider-man
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

I remember being impressed by Stegman on the She-Hulks series. And now he's one of the big reasons I enjoyed Superior Spider-Man #1.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChordNohVarr View Post
    I'm looking forward to the encounters with the classic villains=----The Living Brain--"WHY WAS I PROGRAMMED TO FEEL PAIN?? WHYYyyyy..."
    CLASSIC.
    That line made me chuckle. Slott is an evil, evil man.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

I still prefer him pre-self inking, but there's no questioning the man's supreme talent, especially when it comes to showcasing action. Hope he's on the book for the long haul.

He has a good style, though his version of Carlie (with the strange hair) and Peter are sort of weird to me.

I've been a big Stegman fan since ASM 665. The Betty Brant issue was awesome and he did a killer job. His work on Scarlet Spider was great too. I was sad to see him leave that book but i'm super happy to have him on amaz... superior.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I've been a big Stegman fan since ASM 665. The Betty Brant issue was awesome and he did a killer job. His work on Scarlet Spider was great too. I was sad to see him leave that book but i'm super happy to have him on amaz... superior.
    Same here; I was lucky enough to meet him and have him sign ASM #665 at that year's NYCC. He had just been announced as upcoming artist for the soon-to-be-launched Scarlet Spider book and, while he was signing, I asked if he was excited to be drawing Kaine. His mouth opened to answer and he then looked up at me and said "you know I can't say who it's gonna be!" (this was before we knew who SS would actually be and there was still speculatiion that it could be Ben!). Cool guy and great style!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

His art is wonderful.
    Be all you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    His art is wonderful.
    I can't wait to see how he draws Cardiac. Hopefully we'll get to see a rendition of Maha Yogi!!!!
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    I remember being impressed by Stegman on the She-Hulks series. And now he's one of the big reasons I enjoyed Superior Spider-Man #1.
    Yeah. I didn't care for the story but the art was stellar on that comic. Superior Spider-Man in my opinion was the first time he equaled that series. His work on the Hulk and Scarlet Spider just lacked something.

Glad he's drawing Spidey, loved his art on Scarlet Spider. Hopefully he'll stick around for a bit longer on this one.