Default Paul Pope's "The One Trick Rip-Off + Deep Cuts"

Image released this hardcover of some of Pope's older (mostly '90s) work recently. Obviously if you're a Pope fan, it's a must-buy. There's that typical feeling of youthful craziness that pervades "100%", for example, just a bit more roughly hewn.

The book itself is good quality. The binding appears to be Smyth sewn rather than glued, which is great. However, the cover is glued shiny paper rather than cloth with a dust-cover. I guess you have to cut costs somewhere. Given the choice, I'll take the sewn binding.

Now I just have to wait for "Battling Boy". And, perhaps one day, a "Collected THB"? Come on Image, make that one happen.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Battling Boy is coming out in October (can't wait!); you can pre-order the book on Amazon now.

Now Collected THB... God knows when that's coming out and I wouldn't hold one's breath for it.

What would be also amazing would be a reprint of the rest of his Horse Press work: Escapo, The Corruptor, Sin Titulo, The Ballard of Doctor Richardson.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Battling Boy is coming out in October (can't wait!); you can pre-order the book on Amazon now.

Now Collected THB... God knows when that's coming out and I wouldn't hold one's breath for it.

What would be also amazing would be a reprint of the rest of his Horse Press work: Escapo, The Corruptor, Sin Titulo, The Ballard of Doctor Richardson.
    That would be incredible. Why doesn't it happen, I wonder? It's not like it wouldn't sell.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

I don't know.

For all we know it could be in the works and Pope and co is keeping quiet about it.

Either way, I have yet to receive my book because of an address mishap. : (
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!