Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

Default Thor vs. The World of InuYasha

Marvel's Thor decides to take on the world of InuYasha. This is a scenario match where in Thor challenges every notably powerful character in the series to single combat. This being a scenario, though, there isn't a whole lot stopping the InuYasha characters from taking him on in groups, if it would be in character of them to ignore Thor's desire to fight one on one. Is there anyone who can beat him here? Any combination of characters who might be able to stop him?
    CIS on, bloodlust off scenario. Thor is setting out to defeat each character by either knocking them unconscious, or getting them to surrender. He probably wouldn't have a problem with putting down any particularly powerful and evil demons permanently, though.

(Apologies if this is a stomp in either direction. I know Marvel bricks have a lot of problems when put up against anyone with notable speed, of which I believe there might be a few here, if I'm not mistaken. I am also aware of the considerable power that Thor brings to this scenario as well.)
    Last edited by Captain Jibberish; 01-28-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Thor is at least as fast or faster than IY's fastest characters, and Mjolnir makes Tessaiga look reasonable in comparison. The only thing that might gove him pause are afterlife youkai, and if his hammer can't get on the right wavelength to harm them, he could always just take Tensaiga off of Sesshoumaru's broken carcass and use that instead.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Thor kicks some Japanese ass, that's what happens.

Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

I guess I must not be remembering InuYasha very well. Didn't InuYasha have a wolf demon rival with superspeed? Does he not have any good feats? I thought there were others as well. Would this be a closer fight if we swapped Thor out for Hercules (at classic powers)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jibberish View Post
    I guess I must not be remembering InuYasha very well. Didn't InuYasha have a wolf demon rival with superspeed? Does he not have any good feats? I thought there were others as well. Would this be a closer fight if we swapped Thor out for Hercules (at classic powers)?
    There are super speeders. But Thor himself is one, and he hits harder than anything in InuYasha.

Hercules will be more of a adventure kinda deal and interesting.

BUT: The main reason Thor is so damn hard core is not just his speed and stats. The "HAMMER." Not only does it hit hard, but has lots of magic tricks.

The "worst" power attack for one of them was sending the target to hell, well. Thor could dimension dump himself out and go back to smite some ass!

Herc, has good stats, and a nice weapon, but not as much magic tricks.

Well IY's strongest attack is a rain of portal blades that chops you to bits and sucks those bits to hell (or even the future/pocket dimensions/the Shikon Jewel/all of the above, since IY used the Cutting Meidou to go into the Shikon Jewel, in a pocket dimension, in the future at the end of the series, and its super effective on people who ignore the regular Meidou's dimension dumping ability as well.

I'd imagine that that should hurt Thor, but Thor is faster than IY and has more broken powers, soooo...

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

This might as well be Thor vs the World of Anemic Chemotherapy Patients.

How would movie Thor do against the world of Inuyasha?
    Last edited by Cody; 01-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How would movie Thor do against the world of Inuyasha?
    Isn't he a lot slower? I don't see him doing very well because of that.

Yeah, movie Thor has neither the speed to blitz (or even keep up with some of the decently quick guys, IIRC) or the raw power or versatility to match the top tiers, to whom mountain busters are considered sissy moves.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Entity View Post
    Isn't he a lot slower? I don't see him doing very well because of that.
    He's slower than 616 Thor by a significant degree. He's fast enough to make swinging blocks on energy blasts moving at undisclosed speeds - which is good, but it leaves him somewhere between CBPH and MAYBE low-end BT. He's also nowhere nearly as strong, and I don't think that he's going to ignore building buster type shots.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's slower than 616 Thor by a significant degree. He's fast enough to make swinging blocks on energy blasts moving at undisclosed speeds - which is good, but it leaves him somewhere between CBPH and MAYBE low-end BT. He's also nowhere nearly as strong, and I don't think that he's going to ignore building buster type shots.
    Given that no one else in the movie was CBPH, one can only assume that the blasts he deflected weren't moving all that fast. So, while he's faster than anyone else in the movie, he's probably below CBPH.

Loki, who was below Thor in H2H IIRC, was able to casually pluck an arrow out of the air, which is at least approaching CBPH.

Of course, IY can do that at least as easily and has a move that specifically involved bouncing back energy attacks (with interest), as well as numerous other feats beyond anything Thor showed and, and he's only decently quick by the standards of his world (unless he's protecting Kagome or in his full youkai mode, in which case he's at or near the top), PLUS his attacks tend to hit distant mountains in moments/have massive AOE/be hails of attacks/etc... so Movie Thor's still screwed.

Your confusing me with all your BT's and CBPH's. What do they stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Your confusing me with all your BT's and CBPH's. What do they stand for?
    BT is bullet timer. CBPH is comic book peak human. Since in comic books sometimes they claim a character has no powers, but is "peak human" and yet they are capable of things that no normal human(peak or otherwise) could do. Someone like Batman would qualify.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.