Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The upcoming Pacific Rim, which looks awesome, is inspired by pretty much any mech anime/manga ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
    The upcoming Pacific Rim, which looks awesome, is inspired by pretty much any mech anime/manga ever.
    It's probably the closest thing we'll get to Live Action Evangelion.

Meh, LAE is another film forever in limbo. I have this fantasy that the Ender's Game movie is actually Live Action Evangelion and they're just trolling us. I know that's impossible, BUT I HAVE TO DREAM!

BANNED

Was the Battletech universe inspired by mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Was the Battletech universe inspired by mangas?
    Macross, I believe.
    I'm just like Kino, except I don't have a snazzy coat. Or pistols. Or a talking motorcycle. And I'm not a woman.

https://twitter.com/Ambient_Malice

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
    Some people regard Paprika as the "inspiration" for Inception. Apparently Nolan based one of the chacters on Paprika's real version. What was her name? Can't remember.
    Yeah... no. I don't think this is true.

There's no one in Inception to really matches up to Atsuko. I can totally buy Nolan being inspired by Paprika as a whole but not Atsuko in particular.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah... no. I don't think this is true.

There's no one in Inception to really matches up to Atsuko. I can totally buy Nolan being inspired by Paprika as a whole but not Atsuko in particular.
    Yea, I take the claim with a grain of salt, especially since I've never seen a direct quote.
    I'm just like Kino, except I don't have a snazzy coat. Or pistols. Or a talking motorcycle. And I'm not a woman.

https://twitter.com/Ambient_Malice

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Wasn't the terrible Speed Racer movie based on an anime?
    Actually if you cut out the beginning and the end parts of the Speed racer Movie and just watch the middle part with the race in the Desert, it's very much an adaptation of a classic Speed racer episode. That part was right on the money, it's just the beginning and the end that didn't work for me.

Also Kimba the White Lion was the inspiration for The Lion King, even if Disney denies it.

Well the Hollywood Blockbuster The Untouchables helped inspire Baccano! thought that is the inverse of the question made in the op of the thread.

I like to think Hudson Hawk is the live-action Lupin III movie we never had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
    Macross, I believe.
    Yes.

And look at the movie 'Stealth'. Seems extremely similar to Macross Plus in places.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"