Default Mars Attacks IDW

What is it? do they just attack or is there a story

My understanding (I didn't read any of them) was that they were stand alone stories where the Mars Attacks Martians attacked certain IDW comic characters. They weren't part of any ongoing series' continuity. They also had a ton of variant covers that didn't actually correspond with the interior of the book.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Yeah, it's basically a big event where each issue is a stand-alone story. You don't need to read all of them to get a complete story, and there's no impact the attacks have on the ongoing books. I only read Mars Attacks the Real Ghostbusters, which I thought was a terrific Saturday morning cartoon throwback, and a little bit of Mars Attacks Popeye, which I couldn't even finish.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

In each one the Martians kinda conform to the particular world of whatever they're... uh, attacking. So they're more like Popeye villains in the Popeye one, Dredd villains in the Dredd one, ect.

and a little bit of Mars Attacks Popeye, which I couldn't even finish.
    Ah, that's right! You couldn't stand the Popeye-speak! You know, Popeye comes from an era where dialogue humor was common in comic strips. Popeye isn't that bad, really. In Krazy Kat you really have to read it out loud and hear the sounds in order to understand the words.

Mars Attacks Popeye was a lot of fun. i was skeptical at first but i really enjoyed it. Mars Attacks the Transformers was fun too. goofy fun, like an episode of G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    Ah, that's right! You couldn't stand the Popeye-speak! You know, Popeye comes from an era where dialogue humor was common in comic strips. Popeye isn't that bad, really. In Krazy Kat you really have to read it out loud and hear the sounds in order to understand the words.
    Like I said, I KNOW that's how Popeye talks. It's not like I've never heard of Popeye before or something. I know that's how he speaks, and I've seen a lot of the old cartoons. But hearing that kind of dialogue spoken is very different from trying to actually read it. I could hardly tell what he was saying because I just couldn't get the pronunciation of a lot of it figured out, and I spent so much time trying to do that that it was constantly pulling me out of the story. And besides that, Popeye tangling with Martians is just . . . weird.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

They sound like a fun project i think i will get then.Im sure if this goes well may i say Mares Attacts TMNT

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Mars Attacks the Transformers was fun too. goofy fun, like an episode of G1.
    "You're just going to start trying to kill us again, aren't you?"
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I was reading the back of the KISS issue and they mention that a second Martian Invasion was thwarted by The Rocketeer. Did we miss out on a Mars Attacks The Rocketeer one-shot?

Damn.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."