Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Catwoman And Vibe Have to be making people wonder about JLA....

out of the whole cast those two are big question marks that might even persuade some people to buy the first issue just to see why and how they got invited to the team

Catwoman isn't someone known for being a team player and would be more likely to rob banks than help the government and Vibe...Well Given the fact that his powers make him like a poor man's shocker(Spider-Man)and Vibe in the past was just some goofball waiting to be killed it doesn't make many people eager to see what he does(Hell In JLA He's pretty much listed as a nobody who only stopped a few liquor store robberies he doesn't want to be on the team and he's really depressed because he knows he's not that great)

what do you have to say about these two as JLA Draws near?
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Have you not read the Newsarama interview about Vibe? It seems like Shocker is going to be a poor man's Vibe. Does Shocker get his powers from the multiverse? I didn't think so.

Vibe has potential, seeing as his original incarnaiton is kind of a joke. He can only go up from here.

As for Catwoman I prefer her as a villain and Batman's occasional hook up. Unless she is being brought in to steal something.

I think DC mishandles Catwoman worse than Marvel does Black Widow sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Have you not read the Newsarama interview about Vibe? It seems like Shocker is going to be a poor man's Vibe. Does Shocker get his powers from the multiverse? I didn't think so.
    no i didn't read that vibe interview but i know about the alternate universe stuff...probably won't be reading the vibe mini series though

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    no i didn't read that vibe interview but i know about the alternate universe stuff...probably won't be reading the vibe mini series though

I think the past two issues of Catwoman have been setting up for her joining JLA (John's has more or less confirmed this). She's not a team player, but being out of things on her gigs has been leaving her upset, so I can see what JLA does for her.

I haven't read anything with Vibe it it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    out of the whole cast those two are big question marks that might even persuade some people to buy the first issue just to see why and how they got invited to the team

Catwoman isn't someone known for being a team player and would be more likely to rob banks than help the government and Vibe...Well Given the fact that his powers make him like a poor man's shocker(Spider-Man)and Vibe in the past was just some goofball waiting to be killed it doesn't make many people eager to see what he does(Hell In JLA He's pretty much listed as a nobody who only stopped a few liquor store robberies he doesn't want to be on the team and he's really depressed because he knows he's not that great)

what do you have to say about these two as JLA Draws near?
    Catwoman is described as the planet's greatest thief, who can get in and out of anything. I'm sure a group like ARGUS would have good use for her.
    Vibe has been described as the protector of the gateway of the multiverse, and multiversal characters will be making their way into his book.
    There's plenty of things to hook people, not counting the art.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

On cracked.com today they have a list of thetup 6 hilariously failed attempts at diveristy in comics and Vibe made the list. I never read a comic with him in it, I only know the character by reputation. The panels cracked used in the article were hilarious!
    Anyways.. I am still interested in seeing what a modern day writer can do with the character.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20202...e-diverse.html
    Last edited by SLGBARTELL; 01-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

Excited to see Catwoman interact with Waller. I mentioned that way back when there was still a DC Board. Instead they placed her in the pointless Gotham City Sirens. Not only is she master thief, she could be the security expert on the team.

The odd nature of the team's makeup is what has me most anticipating this book. I'm really interested to see how Hawkman interacts with Catwoman and Katana. Katana especially, though, given that they're perhaps the two most brutal heroes on the team. I can envision them being kindred spirits of a sort.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

Catwoman is more of a anti hero because unlike most villians she does help and save people and has a moral code she follows. She also donates money but she is more human that way. She neither good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Catwoman is more of a anti hero because unlike most villians she does help and save people and has a moral code she follows. She also donates money but she is more human that way. She neither good or bad.
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

Yeah, that's exactly why the character bores me now. Boring, boring, boring.

Catwoman on a super-hero team is the #1 thing making me consider not reading JLA.

Well the character as always been like that. I would like it if they did show a more evil side. I mean New 52 catwoman is isn't the best version of her. Kinda like powergirl's costume . It's fine but it kit her. How would you want CatWoman to be written

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

Yeah, that's exactly why the character bores me now. Boring, boring, boring.

Catwoman on a super-hero team is the #1 thing making me consider not reading JLA.
    Yeah I've been reading bits of those European pulp thief books like Diabolik. It made me realize how dull Catwoman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I've been reading bits of those European pulp thief books like Diabolik. It made me realize how dull Catwoman is.
    Are you a student/teacher of literature? I noticed that you've read a lot.

On topic,Johns is the reason why I have no interest in it,dont like Finch's art either nor do I care for most of the roster.