Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Godlike, just when you think Morrison is going to save the day, he has Dick get beaten up by a bunch of kids. /wrist /wrist

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Wingnut View Post
    Godlike, just when you think Morrison is going to save the day, he has Dick get beaten up by a bunch of kids. /wrist /wrist
    Haha! I know. Still though, thats just climax building. Thats still the Dick i want to see more of.

The writer of Nightwing has been on the last 2 episodes of Fatman on Batman, FEI.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The writer of Nightwing has been on the last 2 episodes of Fatman on Batman, FEI.
    They're pretty interesting too. Gives some insight on Higgins, Nightwing, and the book. Pretty funny too. They didn't talk too much about the new direction, but what they did talk about sounds interesting. At the same time though sounds like its gonna be a tall order, but i like that. Bottom line he's gonna be trying to do a definitive Nightwing story, which doesn't mean its gonna turn out to be just that, but im all for someone trying to do that. Thats what i want to see in Nightwing, someone being ambitious with Nightwing. Going for it, or at least trying to do something big with Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-31-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, the whole recognizing Bruce was new, but it wasn't that important to his new origin. Wouldn't not call it a "major" gain. Dick was always a good Detective. Dixon just downplayed it so he can up-play it in Tim and make it his "thing".
    Thank you. You sir are a true Nightwing fan. I hate that people forget that a huge part of Dick's history was that he was a detective. He was really smart and loved to solve mysteries in his spare time. It's all there in his history. Which has been wiped clean. Even before the new 52 his smarts and detective skills were always being downplayed to give Tim a chance to shine. So much so that people forgot all about Dick's skills.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    Look Let's be honest Dick never had a great solo book anyway, I like this one really though. So you know see what happens at Issue 19 onwards. Sure many of his ties have been broken but there are many chances that he can forge new ones. Let's not get all negatives and look forward to what happens in the future especially if you just get him away from the Batman tie-ins which I think have been the main cause of the 'grimness' and 'darkness'
    How about no? It's not JUST the Batman tie-ins that are making this book less than great. Have you been reading the thread? It's the loss of history, character, relationships, identity etc.etc.

Let's not close our eyes and pretend everything is going to be fine. I love Nightwing, but I'd rather drop his book then see them tear him down some more.
    I like swords.

Pfft, Dixon's Nightwing was great...
    Agreed.....
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    And to repost...

Yes, this book needs something big - something monumental, really - to make it stand out from the rest of the Bat-line. Fortunately, that direction is embedded into the history of the character himself (whether it's occurred in continuity or not). Unfortunately, the desire and ability is dependent on the writer, and I'm not sure Kyle Higgins has what it takes to do it.

Nightwing is the sheer joy of action, of movement, made manifest. He is perfect grace, physically and mentally and spiritually. He soars above his city with a smile on his face, and he does what he does because there is no greater satisfaction than helping others. He relates to and empathizes with EVERYONE, gives EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt, goes the extra mile for everyone - whether it's getting someone into a detox program or just asking how the crippled son of a cop-friend is doing. Angst is not right for Nightwing, though that doesn't mean he won't be confronted with opponents or even allies that make him question himself, or reality itself.

Dick Grayson is famous, the public and humanitarian face of the Bat-family. Where as Batman pretends to be likeable and charismatic (and can never QUITE manage it), Grayson is truly liked by everyone (and hated by a select few, the correct few, if you know what I mean). In a world of celebrity and pretension he is a genuine presence, and people instantly respond to that -- to real confidence, and the kindness that comes with it. Every woman wants him. Every man wants to be him. And maybe secretly wants him, too.

Nightwing is a superhero. He doesn't operate locally, he operates globally. He is bright and he is glorious the sphere in which he operates reflects this. It's technicolor insanity beneath the neon strobes of Las Vegas one day, noir grunt work in the back alleys of 1920s chicago the next, impossible battles against the last vestiges of a dead reality over the weekend (though it's hard to say, with the battle taking place outside known time/space). He's as popular within the superhero community as he is in the human elite or the gritty streets.

He's a blending of Superman and Batman, and his adventures and the attitude of those around him should reflect that.

That's what I want. And I don't know of anyone who can, or wants to, deliver it.
    Wow that was a perfect..... Seriously... That sums up Nightwing perfectly. You any good at writing? I'd read your Nightwing.
    I like swords.

Thanks kindly.

Perhaps one day...
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Thank you. You sir are a true Nightwing fan. I hate that people forget that a huge part of Dick's history was that he was a detective. He was really smart and loved to solve mysteries in his spare time. It's all there in his history. Which has been wiped clean. Even before the new 52 his smarts and detective skills were always being downplayed to give Tim a chance to shine. So much so that people forgot all about Dick's skills.
    What was that arc. Who is Donna Troy? or was it was? I don't remember but it showed his skills very well.

I know some could care less about his excised history and relationships, but I'd really like to see Dick have friends again. I just realized that his best, and sort of only friend, at the moment is Damian, which is a little odd as he barely appears in the book. Someone so outgoing and personable it is so strange to see him not really have anyone that he can connect with and relate to. I know Higgins doesn't really have any desire, or isn't allowed to, use other heroes in his book, but I'd really wish he's change that. I think that is a large aspect of the character that is missing and why it seems his characterization in Batman comes across as so much better in my opinion.

Dude, i'd kill to get them to have Cyborg to do a guest spot in Nightwing. Though his only friend isn't just Damian, there's Babs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    What was that arc. Who is Donna Troy? or was it was? I don't remember but it showed his skills very well.
    There was "Who is Donna Troy" and there was a Titan annual I think where Wally and Dick have a vacation and they go to some mansion that some unsolved murders or something in it. A few other Titans issues highlight it as well.
    I like swords.

Dude, i'd kill to get them to have Cyborg to do a guest spot in Nightwing. Though his only friend isn't just Damian, there's Babs too.
    Well half the time Babs has appeared she has been sort of bitchy, so I was hesitant to count her. xD

And yeah, him doing anything with Cyborg would be fucking amazing. Though I'd settle for any hero outside the Bat-family at this point.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well half the time Babs has appeared she has been sort of bitchy, so I was hesitant to count her. xD
    In the Bat-Fam that is called flirting. They learned by watching the Bat and the Cat.