Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 101
  1. #61
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,746

    Default

    Well at the very least i think Damian should have more of a supporting role in Nightwing. Ya, he's popped up here or there, but why not make him more of a regular supporting character in the book. Kind of like Dick in Batman.

  2. #62
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well at the very least i think Damian should have more of a supporting role in Nightwing. Ya, he's popped up here or there, but why not make him more of a regular supporting character in the book. Kind of like Dick in Batman.
    Did nobody read Inc.? Damian is doing a duo with Jason next. Just one more part of the Dick story that his "brothers" have stolen from him.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Did nobody read Inc.? Damian is doing a duo with Jason next. Just one more part of the Dick story that his "brothers" have stolen from him.
    Next? When? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the solicits or any foreshadowing of it considering Damian himself shut it down the moment he found out Wingman was Jason.

  4. #64
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Did nobody read Inc.? Damian is doing a duo with Jason next. Just one more part of the Dick story that his "brothers" have stolen from him.
    Oh, relax. Damian still shows as much disdain for Jason as ever. And even when he was Redbird he was rockin' escrima sticks like his big bro. No one has taken his relationship with Damian from him. Damian is even in the next issue of Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #65
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Next? When? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the solicits or any foreshadowing of it considering Damian himself shut it down the moment he found out Wingman was Jason.
    Right because I remember how eager Damian was to back up Dick. The entire issue was one big long set up for a future team up. Bruce even told Damian they should try working together more. Then left Jason in charge.

  6. #66
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Right because I remember how eager Damian was to back up Dick. The entire issue was one big long set up for a future team up. Bruce even told Damian they should try working together more. Then left Jason in charge.
    And Dick takes charge, because that is what real leaders do. Dude u should really check out the preview for Inc. 7. Its Dick at his finest. Thats the Nightwing i want more of.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Dick_Wingnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up, and thank god for Morrison saving Dick's day yet again.

    Shame NW isnt A-list enough to get Morrison as a regular writer, his style would fit NW like a glove.

  8. #68
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Wingnut View Post
    and thank god for Morrison saving Dick's day yet again.
    LoL I know, right. That preview was a ray of sunshine. Couldn't come at a better time for me.

  9. #69
    Dazed and Confused Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    Haha, I know. That preview helped quelch some of my cynicism. Man, I am really going to miss Morrison. The guy just gets it.

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Let's face it, he was seriously shafted with the cannibalization of past narrative to other robin legacy characters. We know this, let's move on and concentrate on the POSITIVE, he's going to be on a JUSTICE LEAGUE team sometime this summer! How great is that?!
    Well I am waiting until we find out who the writer is before I get too excited. I mean I'm trying not to let the fact it is going to be booster running thing mainly bug me, but it is nice that Dick has a chance to be involved in the Trinity War event. I thought for sure he was going to be absent from it.

  10. #70
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I mean I'm trying not to let the fact it is going to be booster running thing mainly bug me, but it is nice that Dick has a chance to be involved in the Trinity War event. I thought for sure he was going to be absent from it.
    Booster is a "TOOL". He makes that Carson Daly guy look like a real human.

    The only answer to The Trinity (although I feel Aquaman deserves to make it a Quatro) better be Nightwing and Captain Marv... ummm I totally meant to say Shazam that time.
    Last edited by Conway; 01-29-2013 at 01:31 AM.

  11. #71
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,746

    Default

    To be honest im kind of hoping Dick and Booster get along. Dick needs more friends.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be honest im kind of hoping Dick and Booster get along. Dick needs more friends.
    The more he interacts with the DC Universe soon, I think the more we will see the 'old' Nightwing. He hasn't changed much to me but we haven't seen him that much with other heroes.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be honest im kind of hoping Dick and Booster get along. Dick needs more friends.
    There's probably a note in the Bat-editors office at DC that reads:

    "Kill Nightwing's friends quick, or we will never get rid of them!"

  14. #74
    Senior Member Whip Whirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be honest im kind of hoping Dick and Booster get along. Dick needs more friends.
    That could actually be a pretty cool dynamic.

  15. #75
    Member refrax5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    851

    Default

    To be fair, we have seen him leading a group of young heroes in the past. They never had an official name, but he was friends with Roy and dating Starfire, so it's not an entire wash as far as the Titans go. Granted, I feel like the relaunch has been mediocre, especially considering he's coming off his spectacular run as Batman, but I don't feel like it's quite as bad as people are making it out to be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •