Default Books About Writing For Comic Panels

I'm looking for a good book that is about writing for comic book panels. I heard Warren Ellis wrote one but don't know if I should check it out or not. I'm looking for books that explain not only writing dialogue and character development but page layouts as well. I'm wondering which books about writing for comic panels people find most useful and/ or would recommend?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

Gary Spencer Millidge's book is good - http://www.amazon.com/Comic-Book-Des.../dp/082309796X

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Will Eisner's Comics and sequential art. I think it's a safe bet that everybody who ever wrote a book on doing comics has read that one.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

BANNED

Check out this thread in this forum from a few months back for suggestions:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ve-suggestions

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

The Denny O' Neil book is great, and he uses examples from DC that most comic fans will be familiar with.

But something else to consider is that there are now a lot of comic book scripts floating around online. Just reading scripts by different authors is a great way to learn the format.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Creating Comics from Start to Finish by Buddy Scaler, with interview from a number of creators.

Everything Guide to Writing Graphic Novels - by Mark Ellis and Melissa Martin Ellis.

-MMM
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine