Default Preacher HC edition question...

Hi everyone!

I just order the first book of the hardcover edition of Preacher.
    Searching for the other ones I found out that there's a hardbook edition only with the covers!

So I'm asuming that the Hardcover Books (I believe there are 6 books in total) do not come with the covers?

Please someone who knows clarify this for me. :)

The hardcovers include covers.

The cover book predates the hardcover editions, and also includes notes by Ennis and Fabry.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Should've wait June for softcover version. Hardcovers are terribly done and really overpriced.

do you have a link with info for the new versions coming out silkcuts? I cant find info on them

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    do you have a link with info for the new versions coming out silkcuts? I cant find info on them
    You can find it here or on Vertigo's site.
    PREACHER BOOK ONE TP
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by STEVE DILLON
    Cover by GLENN FABRY
    On sale JUNE 12 • 352 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
    PREACHER #1-12—plus pinups from PREACHER #50 and #66—are collected in this new paperback that introduces Preacher Jesse Custer, Cassidy and Tulip. Disillusioned with his own beliefs, Custer begins a violent and riotous journey across the country in search of God, who has abandoned heaven.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    You can find it here or on Vertigo's site.
    You Would recommend the paperback version then? Will the pages be better quality and new colouring?
    Wish we new more about this reprint

You Would recommend the paperback version then? Will the pages be better quality and new colouring?
    Yeah, I'm going to get the new trades myself. And yip yip.
    BB

It's not out yet and won't be for months. We're not psychic. Ask again in June.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Number of pages for TP and HC version of book 1 are the same. So obviously, TP has the same features as HC.
    Difference is that TP comes in half price of HC and of course, it has soft covers.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Number of pages for TP and HC version of book 1 are the same. So obviously, TP has the same features as HC.
    Difference is that TP comes in half price of HC and of course, it has soft covers.
    Interesting.. I have seen multiple people complain about the paper quality of the hardcover editions, so I will be curious when this releases.

Damn! What about the quality of the pages in the HC? :'( I should read more before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Enemigo View Post
    Damn! What about the quality of the pages in the HC? :'( I should read more before buying.
    Absolutely nothing. It's regular paper (and not that glossy crap either). I guess some people were expecting the ultra-thick Absolute books paper stock.

it's preacher, it should be printed on matte, not that silly glossy paper for tights

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    it's preacher, it should be printed on matte, not that silly glossy paper for tights
    It is printed on matte.