Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Berger's a smart gal; I've no doubt she did see the writing on the wall.

Rushkoff's Testament was too ambitious for it's own good (or maybe not quite as ambitious as he thought it was?), and I ended up dropping it. This new OGN, however, sounds like something I could get into...

Bummer. Oh well.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Berger's a smart gal; I've no doubt she did see the writing on the wall.

Rushkoff's Testament was too ambitious for it's own good (or maybe not quite as ambitious as he thought it was?), and I ended up dropping it. This new OGN, however, sounds like something I could get into...
    His comics work has always tried a little bit too hard for relevance and subtext and failed to deliver a resoundingly quality story. I've enjoyed his non fiction prose work though.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member

I agree that Testament tried a little too hard to be clever, but all told I'm not sorry that I stuck with it through to the end. Also agree that his new idea sounds good.

The amazing thing about Vertigo to me is that it lasted this long, or even that it ever happened at all, given the sensibilities of the Big 2. The only thing that keeps Marvel and DC going IMO is their ownership of characters - "properties" - that have built up a following over decades or work by creative people. And the best thing that could happen for most if not all those characters and the fans who like to read about them would be for Marvel and DC to lose their hold over them. Which isn't likely to happen any time soon.