View Poll Results: How is Wonder Woman in the Justice League?

Voters
68. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • WONDER WOMAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

    13 19.12%
  • She's well written so far.

    5 7.35%
  • She's useful.

    10 14.71%
  • I wasn't a fan of Wonder Woman but now I am.

    2 2.94%
  • It's okay...

    11 16.18%
  • I'm indifferent...

    6 8.82%
  • She's too strong!

    0 0%
  • She's too weak!

    3 4.41%
  • Other characters are written poorly in order to make Wonder Woman better when she fight them.

    1 1.47%
  • Not much has changed with her (compared to how things were before the New 52).

    5 7.35%
  • She's too different than how she is in her own book.

    24 35.29%
  • I don't like how she is written so far.

    15 22.06%
  • She's useless.

    2 2.94%
  • I don't like her now.

    0 0%
  • WONDER WOMAN ISN'T GREAT!

    2 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Tantu Terrific! Stanlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    I said "It's Okay" because they really are all horribly written so why would I get mad over WW being the same way.
    This for me. It seems like the push in the new universe is to make her more conventional and less . . . Wonder Woman-y. I was amused after reading the first trade of JLA and seeing how she was received by her fellow heroes. She is pretty much ignored UNLESS she is in the act of fighting. WW is not and will never be a one-note character and trying to force her into such a mold seems awkward to me. Obviously, it clicks for the fanboy/Wizard set and with Flashpoint and this reboot that group is getting the WW they have always clamored for.

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    she has been good sense Throne of Atlantis started, the graves/cheetah arc she was goodish but came off very insensitive, in her postion with steve, i know she claimed she id doing so to protect him, but it came off more IMO that she saw him as beneath her, especialy with her going with superman.

    overall, i think she has been done fine so far

  3. #18
    Senior Member neverender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    I think that Johns has portrayed her as pretty much a retard, her characterization has been a tiny bit better recently.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

  4. #19

    Default

    I voted that she is too different from her own book. I much prefer her characterization in her book than the JL version.

  5. #20

    Default

    I think she has been written ok thus far. I am definately interested in seeing WWs first 5 years in mans world with Steve. And while Azz is more interested in gods, at least we get to see a classic WW villian in JL. So you have to give and take either way.

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Hmmm. What most of you think of Wonder Woman in the Justice League is "It's okay..." and "She's too different than in her own book" so far. Not the same thoughts of what most of you think of Aquaman in the Justice League. I wonder why.
    I didn't vote in either polls, but I don't care for his characterization of either characters...or any of the characters in JL.

  7. #22
    Justified Ancient of MuMu yvahed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Johannesburg, South africa
    Posts
    552

    Default

    While she is different to how she is portrayed in her own title, as a WW fan I am happy that so much story has centred around her.
    She definitely is in a better position in John's JL than she ever was in Morrison's JLA.
    I could do with a little less brashness though. Headstrong - sure - but wise as well. I want to see more of Diana's intelligence. Of course in the JL that is often difficult to do because it will make Batman seem redundant.
    That said I do not like Jim Lee's WW all that much (too meek and 'pretty'). Tony Daniel (and Ivan Reis's) versions are far superior and closer to Chiang's powerful personality.
    Last edited by yvahed; 01-30-2013 at 04:53 AM.

  8. #23
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    There should have been an "OUTRAGEOUS!!" choice on the poll.
    I think they're saving that for the Aquaman poll...

    Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    She definitely is in a better position in John's JL than she ever was in Morrison's JLA.
    Even if that's true it's in a far inferior book compared to Morrison's JLA, so...trade off?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  9. #24
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    I think that Johns has portrayed her as pretty much a retard, her characterization has been a tiny bit better recently.
    woah woah easy there


  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    While she is different to how she is portrayed in her own title, as a WW fan I am happy that so much story has centred around her.
    Eh, so far it seems it's just about who she dates and how she needs the entire League now to take down the flipping Cheeta...

    Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    She definitely is in a better position in John's JL than she ever was in Morrison's JLA.
    Dont really see how you've arrived at that conclusion.

  11. #26
    Justified Ancient of MuMu yvahed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Johannesburg, South africa
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Eh, so far it seems it's just about who she dates and how she needs the entire League now to take down the flipping Cheeta...

    Dont really see how you've arrived at that conclusion.
    I think the main problem I had in the Morrison depiction is his Diana had not much personality - we had no sense of who she was outside of the League (although it was cool when Hippolyta filled in for her for a few issues). WW in JLA was mostly a generic goddess needed to fill in the whole 'Pantheon' matriarch role. We had little sense of her connection/ friendships with Superman or The Flash and the new relationship with Aquaman (just because they were both royalty) seemed forced. Waid had a much better sense of the character in his JLA stint and so did Joe Kelly.

    I am not thrilled about the 'dating' angle in the current book. I am however happy that WW characters like Steve Trevor and Cheetah are deemed worthy of development and inclusion in the Justice League books - something that rarely has happened in the past. For me it is a vindication of Wonder Woman's history and mythos even if it is incongruous with Azzarello's solo title in mood and tone. I like that Johns is showing Cheetah to be a formidable villain in her own right.

  12. #27
    King of Atlantis Doctor Voodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    She doesn't use the sword enough... but other than that she's a great tank character and I'm interested in where her romantic relationship ends up now that Batman wants to be Mr. Buzz kill.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    I think the main problem I had in the Morrison depiction is his Diana had not much personality - we had no sense of who she was outside of the League (although it was cool when Hippolyta filled in for her for a few issues). WW in JLA was mostly a generic goddess needed to fill in the whole 'Pantheon' matriarch role. We had little sense of her connection/ friendships with Superman or The Flash and the new relationship with Aquaman (just because they were both royalty) seemed forced. Waid had a much better sense of the character in his JLA stint and so did Joe Kelly.
    Hmm fair enough, though I disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    I like that Johns is showing Cheetah to be a formidable villain in her own right.
    Sadly it comes at the expense of Diana, because it's her that couldn't manage on her own.

  14. #29
    Senior Member DochaDocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Sadly it comes at the expense of Diana, because it's her that couldn't manage on her own.
    The entire team couldn't manage Cheetah, so I don't think that comes at Diana's "expense." Even their team victory was a fraud, because Cheetah got caught on purpose.

    I don't find any of the characterizations of any of the heroes in the title to be particularly stellar, but I don't need it to be. Said characterizations just have to be good enough. The only WW parts I didn't like where perhaps her intro story in #3, and that she actually slashed GL with her sword. Everything else is passable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •