Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Agreeing with what Victor just pointed out I either want a more cohesive on the same page total Marvel office or Black Panther in a separate office where permission must be granted to use the characters in Wakanda.

If they are just floating around without editorial protection it ends up being that T'challa is guilty of spouse abuse under the X-office while the Black Panther office would have him use knock out gas on Storm as he did Sue Storm so as not to dare strike a lady.

Outside the Black Panther office among the Fanbratti haters they can put subtle jabs that undermine the class and the character because it does not harm their X-duties in any way to do so.

A Black Panther office would be more responsible and more accountable for their moneymaker thus protecting his image and overruling anything outside of that box that degrades him.
    If Black Panther were a sales juggernaut in the class of Wolverine I could see something like this, but he's barely hanging on when it comes to his solo sales. I really wish Bill Rosemann would take over the Avengers as head editoral, his handling of the space characters was truly inspiring.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Admittedly it's been awhile since I read some of that stuff. So Killmonger had equal physical stats to T'Challa? Did they ever say what the source of his enhancements were?

I think he actually gave Kasper Cole a version of the heart shaped herb... I guess it would make sense that he took itself. Really, one has to wonder if the fake one isn't better than the real life if T'Challa's abilities went away after he lost the BP mantle.
    Zuri said due to his genetically enhanced Strength and also had Sorcerous engineering form his death regiment.

Flex I agree with you totally. It has to stop. You can't build a character up and undermine him elsewhere. Doesn't make sense. I'm fine with Hickman driving the bus and allowing him to develop the sci-fi concepts--but more importantly a consistent portrayal that will define him elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If Black Panther were a sales juggernaut in the class of Wolverine I could see something like this, but he's barely hanging on when it comes to his solo sales. I really wish Bill Rosemann would take over the Avengers as head editoral, his handling of the space characters was truly inspiring.
    Still doesn't mean he has to be undermined to prop up a "cash cow", Punisher doesn't make as much money as Spidey yet all of their encounters hasn't made either look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Still doesn't mean he has to be undermined to prop up a "cash cow", Punisher doesn't make as much money as Spidey yet all of their encounters hasn't made either look bad
    All T'challa needs is a movie and a spot on the Avengers and suddently no one will be able to say stuff like that. That's why what Hickman does is very important in my opinion. If Marvel gives him a high quality animated movie or show and it airs on something like G4 or Spike--just like the other animated shows he showed up in--he will continue to get positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    All T'challa needs is a movie and a spot on the Avengers and suddently no one will be able to say stuff like that. That's why what Hickman does is very important in my opinion. If Marvel gives him a high quality animated movie or show and it airs on something like G4 or Spike--just like the other animated shows he showed up in--he will continue to get positive feedback.
    Yeap, Hickman has gotten the trail to that started, I am hoping that Marvel Animation is more willing to go outside the big six more often then Warner Animation is when it comes to DC characters with their big two
    Last edited by Genki Sudo; 02-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.

So has it been announced what Hickman's solo is going to be? I can see me spending $2.99 for a Hickman penned BP book...or if not him, someone who would work closely with whatever Hickman has planned for NA.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

So panther was pretty sweet in new avengers. Cap likes necropolis

I noticed 1 of the gems didn't shatter. Of course the infiniti tearser thing. Can't wait to see where this is all headed. With black panther all up in it

Let the storm pass

Nope, nothing to the hate and bile levels thrown at Black Panther

The short lived Carol/Pete relationship got less hate and that started off as random as you can get

On the subject of NA #3 that issue is pretty baller
    If Carol and Pete get married 2 months from now you'll get some extreme views there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    So much this man. OOC guest appearances aside it's a GREAT time to be Panther fan!
    Dude, you got that right. I look forward to NA and Avengers eevery week. I would happily drop another title if they had NA go bi-monthly. Thats Avengers isht every frakking week!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Carol and Pete get married 2 months from now you'll get some extreme views there too.
    The views would have been there even if they were not married.

On the subject of NA #3 that issue is pretty baller
    Dude, I'm all ready getting every issues of NA and I plan to buy every HC they put out. That's how hooked I am right now. Probably do the same with Avengers.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Dude, I'm all ready getting every issues of NA and I plan to buy every HC they put out. That's how hooked I am right now. Probably do the same with Avengers.
    The same. It's pretty awesome, Hickman is just killing it.

Same here, he converted me and GH thought that would never happen( granted I gave him reason to believe that )

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

I'm buying variant covers. I've bought duplicates of issues.

I hadn't even thought about a real tight hardcover!

I can report. Went to the top shelf CBS in c-bus today. Because I knew they'd have the variant. Sure enough, last issue of new avengers on the shelf. After I left they where totally sold out. And this place stocks well.

I can almost smell the black panther solo series and movie push.