Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I've heard about 2 references to a past Panther called "The Wall". I think his new durability is due to whatever powerup was given to him by that panther. Just waiting for Hickman to describe it in detail so we know if it's always active or if it's something he has to channel

BP is awesome....'nuff said!

.........4 now!

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    I've heard about 2 references to a past Panther called "The Wall". I think his new durability is due to whatever powerup was given to him by that panther. Just waiting for Hickman to describe it in detail so we know if it's always active or if it's something he has to channel
    D "Wall"?

Hmmm....r those refs in comix?

And if possible plz share dem refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    It depends really what you think is that superhuman--as I said it's been two issues and he only saw action in one. So you can't really make a determation. He looks no different then Spidey for the most part until Spidey writers show a difference. It think this is the same thing.

My guess is he will be similar to a midnighter or a character the bad guy character he wrote in secret warriors-- which for the most part until they did extreme things--looked no different then T'challa has.
    In a lot of instances you can't tell that Spider-Man is super human either as compared to say Daredevil. And that's part of the problem.

When you see non-Superman people (in terms of their physical stats) do the stuff they do, like Daredevil or Batman, it makes you wonder how the hell that can't be considered super human too.

In terms of speed and agility, there's rarely any sort of noticable differnece between a super human and non-super human until you get to the true speedsters like Quicksilver. OCCASIONALLY they'll give Spidey his props, but usually any non-superhuman with a black belt can keep up with Spidey despite him being decisively super human.

That's ultimately the problem. They ramp up non-super humans so much that it just doesn't mean anything to be SLIGHTLY super human. It all just looks the same.

While we r on "Wall", when we/SZ 1st read dat Waller frm DC is d 1st thing dat most of us/SZ thought of. LOL!

But BP's case wat wud such a moniker actually mean?.....any speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    I suppose that could have been the force field. I got the vibe at the time that it was more technology, but it book doesn't specify one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a lot of instances you can't tell that Spider-Man is super human either as compared to say Daredevil. And that's part of the problem.

When you see non-Superman people (in terms of their physical stats) do the stuff they do, like Daredevil or Batman, it makes you wonder how the hell that can't be considered super human too.

In terms of speed and agility, there's rarely any sort of noticable differnece between a super human and non-super human until you get to the true speedsters like Quicksilver. OCCASIONALLY they'll give Spidey his props, but usually any non-superhuman with a black belt can keep up with Spidey despite him being decisively super human.

That's ultimately the problem. They ramp up non-super humans so much that it just doesn't mean anything to be SLIGHTLY super human. It all just looks the same.
    I agree it seems that Slott is putting a emphasis on that with Spock. Hickman is the same, it's how he writes. I'm sure he would have just said he's peak human if he was the same. But with the current threat--I'm sure we will see something.

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

He definitely was holding back since in New Avengers #1 he iron fist falcon punched through that guys chest. Even when he went invisible he slashed the other soldier and it had an explosion type effect.
    "I swear life is a maze. I'm just trying to get it right before I fade."

I suppose that could have been the force field. I got the vibe at the time that it was more technology, but it book doesn't specify one way or the other.
    It was technology. Hard-light shielding that failed to the advanced technology that Black Swan's Reavers had.

True enough. But at least they have the reason that Spidey holds back. So every now and then, you'll see him carve through a super-team like a hot knife through butter. They don't show regular people failing to hurt him often enough, though. They did that for the recent Punisher/Spidey fight, though, and that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    True enough. But at least they have the reason that Spidey holds back. So every now and then, you'll see him carve through a super-team like a hot knife through butter. They don't show regular people failing to hurt him often enough, though. They did that for the recent Punisher/Spidey fight, though, and that was pretty cool.
    The weird thing with Spider-Man is that he's good with numbers. He'll struggle against WOlvernine ALONE but dance around the entire X-Men team like they're statues. He's a mid-level team buster that can hold his own against the entire X-men or Fantastic Four... but he'll struggle against Daredevil or something.

That's why Spider-Man is NEVER a good guage of a street level characters ability. He's got some of the biggest swings high and low of any character in comics.

But more than anything else, the way we know Spider-Man is meta human is because the books flat out tell us so over and over and over again. Despite whatever low feats he's got, no one can ever question Spider-Mans metahuman stats because if nothing else, they've been telling us that for years.

If they want to do the same for Black Panther, then they're probably going to have to flat out state it in the books (not just form spring). ANd they're probably going to have to do it over and over.

The weird thing with Spider-Man is that he's good with numbers. He'll struggle against WOlvernine ALONE but dance around the entire X-Men team like they're statues. He's a mid-level team buster that can hold his own against the entire X-men or Fantastic Four... but he'll struggle against Daredevil or something.

That's why Spider-Man is NEVER a good guage of a street level characters ability. He's got some of the biggest swings high and low of any character in comics.

But more than anything else, the way we know Spider-Man is meta human is because the books flat out tell us so over and over and over again. Despite whatever low feats he's got, no one can ever question Spider-Mans metahuman stats because if nothing else, they've been telling us that for years.

If they want to do the same for Black Panther, then they're probably going to have to flat out state it in the books (not just form spring). ANd they're probably going to have to do it over and over.
    I thought it was said in book, I could be mistaken but I believe so, I think the thing with BP though is he isn't as popular/well known as some of the other characters so many are not aware of what he can do(some are simply in denial but thats another tale) and unlike other heros you don't really see BP talking about his powers/abilities all the time, sort of like how some are like, I can smell whatever from a mile away, my spider sense tingling, I can punch holes through mountains etc so if you are not a fan you may not really be aware of what he can do and the fact that some times a heros skill are neglected doesn't help either.
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

The AR execution in na2 that outlines the black panther references the kimono (sp?) card. So there's that also still

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    I thought it was said in book, I could be mistaken but I believe so, I think the thing with BP though is he isn't as popular/well known as some of the other characters so many are not aware of what he can do(some are simply in denial but thats another tale) and unlike other heros you don't really see BP talking about his powers/abilities all the time, sort of like how some are like, I can smell whatever from a mile away, my spider sense tingling, I can punch holes through mountains etc so if you are not a fan you may not really be aware of what he can do and the fact that some times a heros skill are neglected doesn't help either.

I remember a few times seeing people jump in arms with a scan where T'Challa has tagged and pinned Spider-Man and people saying it was complete bullshit and impossible. And a lot of those comments were people saying T'Challa was just a man in a cat suit with no other abilities. I always wondered how people come to that conclusion after years of being comic book fans but it's obviously some people just fail to read up or know anything about the character and are quick to say what he can or can't do. Which from what I understand was what Christopher Priest dealt with when he wrote the character and was getting hate mail when he was simply writing the type of feats T'Challa was known for in his first appearances.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    I remember a few times seeing people jump in arms with a scan where T'Challa has tagged and pinned Spider-Man and people saying it was complete bullshit and impossible. And a lot of those comments were people saying T'Challa was just a man in a cat suit with no other abilities. I always wondered how people come to that conclusion after years of being comic book fans but it's obviously some people just fail to read up or know anything about the character and are quick to say what he can or can't do. Which from what I understand was what Christopher Priest dealt with when he wrote the character and was getting hate mail when he was simply writing the type of feats T'Challa was known for in his first appearances.
    Yes I agree, I have even seen someone make the ridiculous claim that his victories were due to poor writing, either they dislike him that much or he/she seriously have no knowledge about BP and what he can do, thats why I am happy for the current place BP is in(New Avengers) some have expressed liking for T'Challa from what they have seen in NA!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"