Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by motteditor View Post
    Doing an entire interview about Nova and never mentioning Rich's name? Sure seems like they're being really respectful to the real Nova to me.

Man, I liked cosmic, but with two of my least favorite comic writers ever, I'll just be hoping whatever damage Bendis and Loeb do to the franchise can be fixed without too much difficulty.
    Bendis is killing it over on All New X-Men. KILLING it. Can't think of a better direction for the X universe to have gone after such a stellar five years of mega arc storytelling, and this coming from a fan who was very reluctant to see Gillen go.

They've certainly mentioned Rich's name in other interviews. Ever heard of Kyle Rainer by chance? Kinda a similar situation. Maybe you've heard how things turned out on that front.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your stereotypical "allergic to change" comic fan side is showing, but the world will keep spinning without your negativity.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

So... barring his unfortunate name, what happened to the original Nova, Richard Rider? And where'd this Sam kid come from (unsure if he's named after Jeph's son)?

stuck in the cancerverse. don't know about sam. assume it's the usual kind of bullied or orphan or both origin.

I love that ! Thank you, Mister CBR !
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

So, wrong yet again. You're fake name is getting a reputation.

SW
    Isn' it : " YOUR fake-name.." ?
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    So... barring his unfortunate name, what happened to the original Nova, Richard Rider? And where'd this Sam kid come from (unsure if he's named after Jeph's son)?
    Trapped in another universe, as renne said. Sam popped up at the start of AvX and Point 1. Totally named after Jeph's son.

Quote Originally Posted by ian33407 View Post
    He's not that kind of editor. Not a copy/line editor, a book editor. Contrary to popular belief, the poor writer is responsible for his own damn spelling because editors have better things to do. Writers do too, as it happens. That is why assistant editors exist, but now they have better things to do, so there are interns. Ultimately in a comic it comes to the letterer in the end.

And if it is understandable, don't make a big deal. In formal correspondence write strictly correctly and formally. Online and casually, only egregious mistakes should be mentioned.
    Last edited by vampiric_cannibal; 01-26-2013 at 03:52 AM.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    He's not that kind of editor. Not a copy/line editor, a book editor. Contrary to popular belief, the poor writer is responsible for his own damn spelling because editors have better things to do. Writers do too, as it happens. That is why assistant editors exist, but now they have better things to do, so there are interns. Ultimately in a comic it comes to the letterer in the end.

And if it is understandable, don't make a big deal. In formal correspondence write strictly correctly and formally. Online and casually, only egregious mistakes should be mentioned.
    And yet with a small army of people fact checking each comic Marvel can't seem to distinguish between Hispanics and Brazilians (Lusitanics?). Seems inefficient to have such a top heavy organizational structure, seems like Marvel would be better with smaller groups of people with greater competencies but individually responsible for fewer comics, so that less stuff gets lost in the workplace slipstream. Mistakes will always happen of course, but perhaps things would improve if every person couldn't just pass the buck up an overly long chain of command.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    And yet with a small army of people fact checking each comic Marvel can't seem to distinguish between Hispanics and Brazilians (Lusitanics?). Seems inefficient to have such a top heavy organizational structure, seems like Marvel would be better with smaller groups of people with greater competencies but individually responsible for fewer comics, so that less stuff gets lost in the workplace slipstream. Mistakes will always happen of course, but perhaps things would improve if every person couldn't just pass the buck up an overly long chain of command.
    "I'm an expert at this company and job I know nothing about!! SQAUUUUK!!!"

-Signed The Internet!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian33407 View Post
    HA! Your/You're is my kryptonite!

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    \
    I was talking SOLELY about this article. I also haven't read every single interview that you guys did for this series. So forgive me (or not) for not knowing that you guys gave Wolfman props in those interviews.
    Shorter BladeX "Hey, don't blame me if I don't know what I'm talking about. Research hard!"

You called someone and "idiot" based on your ridiculous, untrue assumptions. Anonymous trolls like you are the exact type of person who is responsible for why message boards have bad reputations.

The fact that you also lie about owning/working at a comic store to give your self false authority is just icing on your cartoonish cake.

SW

Not a big fan of Nova, but I think it's the kind of book that Jeph Loeb would be good at writing. He tends to do better with books that focus on a single character, like X-Sanction or Daredevil. I'm not a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy either, but I'm definitely open to becoming one based on what Brian Michael Bendis has shown lately. If he can make it even half as good as All New X-men, I'm sold!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Come on guys u cannot expect them to know the difference. That might require research.
    It's so basic they shouldn't even need to research it, tbh.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    You might have noticed that none of them by my way of thinking are fact checking. If nothing is egregious, I assume the editor does a light pass after the scripting and emails it to the artist. Its not a chain of command at all. Everyone bar the editor does what the editor approves. Editors manage rather a lot of projects.
    That a different way may be more efficient is conceivable but I really have no clue as to how in any detail that can be accomplished.

This AIC kinda really sucked. 3 questions, none of them interesting. Loeb writing Nova by way of UMS holds no interest, sounds like bad vanilla.
    Last edited by vampiric_cannibal; 01-26-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    The Nova business is disappointing and all, but I'm more upset we're not getting any Monkey King D;. Why would they even introduce him during Fear Itself. Seems so pointless.
    Feat Itself? Um, er, ah...what's that? Was that something that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    As a Brazilian I can say that I am not Hispanic since the majority language is Portuguese. Brazilians were South American.
    Most Americans don't know what "Hispanic" means so to them Brazilians become Hispanic
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied