View Poll Results: Which crossover did you prefer?

Voters
16. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The Mad Dog Ward

5 31.25%
  • Revenge of the Green Goblin

11 68.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Finally, someone with taste!

Did you guys know that 4 out of 5 dentists prefer Mad Dog Ward?
    I don't know how to break this to you but having Schmitty agree with you is not something one generally gets excited about.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I don't know how to break this to you but having Schmitty agree with you is not something one generally gets excited about.
    Hey, what do you know? You didn't even get the dentist joke: Tainted toothpaste!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'd actually argue it was a great era, as long as you're not talking about Howard Mackie.

JMS was a few months away from starting Amazing Spider-Man.
    Ultimate Spider-Man had just kicked off.
    Jenkins's first two issues were fantastic, and he would go on to write his best work: the Robot Master two-parter and the introduction of Fusion.
    The Death & Destiny mini-series had just wrapped up.
    Tangled Web was coming.

And Revenge of the Green Goblin was one of the best stories from that period.
    I agree, whatever the state of Amazing that was still a great era for Spider-Man.

No competition here whatsoever, Revenge of the Green Goblin gets my vote.

Hey, what do you know? You didn't even get the dentist joke: Tainted toothpaste!
    I "got it"---it just wasn't the knee-slapper you seem to think it was!

Also, as great as I thought Revenge of the GG was, I thought the tainted toothpaste was a contrived plot point even by comic book standards.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I "got it"---it just wasn't the knee-slapper you seem to think it was!
    Ha! Point taken. But 'knee slapper'? You really are kicking it old school!

Also, as great as I thought Revenge of the GG was, I thought the tainted toothpaste was a contrived plot point even by comic book standards.
    And the Joker went to all the trouble of wrecking Gordon's life, when he really just needed to exploit his hygiene products.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Ha! Point taken. But 'knee slapper'? You really are kicking it old school!

And the Joker went to all the trouble of wrecking Gordon's life, when he really just needed to exploit his hygiene products.
    LOL! Point and Point!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I agree with this.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

I really liked Mad Dog ward, though I tried reading it again recently and it wasn't as great as I though when younger. Good idea but lacked substance to back it up.

I read Revenge during a period away from comics and it didn't grab my attention really, might have to go read it again. Was probably just because I didn't like having Norman back, I'm mostly over it now. Mostly.

Revenge of The Green Goblin. I think it felt natural for somebody crazy like Norman to think after Peter foiling his plans every time throughout the years that he is the only person worthy to be the Osborn heir. I enjoyed Stern & Frenz' mini series, the Amazing issue by Mackie & Romita Jr. is probably Mackie's best issue from the reboot era (love JRJR's art here as well, awesome as always), and the conclusion by Jenkins & Buckingham is probably one of my favorite Spider-Man/Green Goblin confrontations. Peter is pushed to the brink here by Norman quite differently than how he has been before.