Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't think it is Justice League International even though there was a hashtag for it. I think this is the team that will stop Trinity War. Batman is supposed to get the box from Pandora so we know he is going to have a lot going on. There is the whole Superman/Wonder Woman thing, etc.
    These characters kind of pull from all over.

Here is a follow up question though: If Batgirl and Black Canary are on this book, does that mean they are still in Birds of Prey? Wasn't Black Canary a fugitive? Do you think they can both be in two teams together? I hope this doesn't spell the end of Birds of Prey -- I'm just starting to like it.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Curiosity sake on this, do we really know this is this worlds version of these characters? I mean we saw Booster vanish so I wonder if this could be possibly different versions of the same characters coming into the New 52 world. That might be an interesting thing. Or future versions of the characters. Heck, do we even know that, outside of Shazam and Red that these are the same heros in the costumes?
    Better question. Do we really need multiple versions of the same characters? Much rather see them use the versions they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Here is a follow up question though: If Batgirl and Black Canary are on this book, does that mean they are still in Birds of Prey? Wasn't Black Canary a fugitive? Do you think they can both be in two teams together? I hope this doesn't spell the end of Birds of Prey -- I'm just starting to like it.
    Don't see why not. Marvel does it all the time. Especially with X-Books.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Better question. Do we really need multiple versions of the same characters? Much rather see them use the versions they already have.

Don't see why not. Marvel does it all the time. Especially with X-Books.
    This isn't Marvel. You can't be a fugitive and hero at the same time.
    DC is more constraint on continuity then Marvel is even if they mess up sometimes.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

DC is more constraint on continuity then Marvel is even if they mess up sometimes.
    You can't, because i see cops chasing Batman all the time. Ive even seen um chasing Superman. Just because DC is more constraint on continuity at times, doesn't mean they can't double dip characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    You can't, because i see cops chasing Batman all the time. Ive even seen um chasing Superman. Just because DC is more constraint on continuity at times, doesn't mean they can't double dip characters.
    They don't double dip characters. Characters are in different stories all of the time, but they are usually in the same place -- unless they are Batman. Superman is believable because he can fly, but if Batman is missing, he is missing from the entire DCU.
    At Marvel, if Spider-man is sick in his main book and his sickness is affecting his powers, he isn't sick anywhere else. And this is a direct reference to the Gauntlet storyline. Marvel also had a book out with Nightcrawler alive when he was dead and the book was apparently in continuity. The book was Doomwar.

I love it!! It is okay by me Nightwing and Batgirl are on the same team. I have always wanted to see these two on a Justice League team!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Actually, as shown in Justice League #16 Dinah was shown as a potential candidate for the League.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Actually, as shown in Justice League #16 Dinah was shown as a potential candidate for the League.
    Not really. It was Cyborg asking for help from these people. No one ever said any of them were joining the team. I'm sure they know she is innocent. There is probably more story behind that then we know.

Not really. It was Cyborg asking for help from these people. No one ever said any of them were joining the team.
    Except, of course, when he said "Welcome to the Justice League".

BANNED

Cyborg has implied that these are probably an assortment of heroes that have requested membership in the past, but were put on reserves to be considered for membership at a later date. We know Green Arrow has.

He says they were not properly vetted yet, meaning the League was in the process of considering them as new members but wanted to clear their backgrounds first.

So that's exactly why Canary is not being held to her past. They haven't looked into it yet. Same for Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Cyborg has implied that these are probably an assortment of heroes that have requested membership in the past, but were put on reserves to be considered for membership at a later date. We know Green Arrow has.

He says they were not properly vetted yet, meaning the League was in the process of considering them as new members but wanted to clear their backgrounds first.

So that's exactly why Canary is not being held to her past. They haven't looked into it yet. Same for Green Arrow.
    Does this mean we might finally learn Canary's past!??!?!? PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!

I'm glad to see Dick on a team FINALLY but this roster feels so... uninspired. Most of these characters are on other teams already and seeing Dick tacked on at the end there makes me feel he is going to be taking orders from Booster or Hawkman, which doesn't sound very appealing. But I guess Dick as one of DC's premier leaders isn't in continuity anymore. Would like to see Raven or some of the other former Titans replace some of these characters if they are going to be on two teams, particularly two JL teams though. :/

Also I am fine with Dick and Babs being on the same team. If they want this book to measure up to the other two JL books (though I don't feel they are going to try to do that) then they need one of DC three premier female characters to be on it, WW, Catwoman or Batgirl. Batgirl is the only one that is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    I wish they had a better artist. Not that he's bad, just... They can't keep launching new books with decent art. It's not going to work.
    I had the same thought, unfortunately.

Also I always thought Justice League International was such a dull name for a book. It just feels to out of place or contrived to me, even though I did enjoy the book pre reboot. ._.

YAY for Babs! I like the idea of Babs and Nightwing on a team together. :)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    Does this mean we might finally learn Canary's past!??!?!? PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!
    I thought T7 was covering that.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I'm gonna pass on this. Not a fan of silva's art. Every face is the same.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks