Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    No he got assassinated. And sent through time
    That was the best thing that could have happened to him. Instead of being humiliated by a trial for treason and possible imprisonment (and possibly worse), instead his martyrdom was solidified. By the time he came back, he was given a full pardon and the job of top cop. Really couldn't have worked out better for Steve.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    sorry, but this makes the x-men look like shamed children in the context. waiting on their salvation bc they are so helpless? i don't think so. if the x-men were to join forces with the avengers. even if they felt they had made a mistake, they would not wait around in some field to kiss the avengers feet and beg for forgiveness.

that is not the x-men way.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry, but this makes the x-men look like shamed children in the context. waiting on their salvation bc they are so helpless? i don't think so. if the x-men were to join forces with the avengers. even if they felt they had made a mistake, they would not wait around in some field to kiss the avengers feet and beg for forgiveness.

that is not the x-men way.
    They waited around in a field because that's where they happened to track the Avengers. It's not like they picked the local. Personally I think a field is as good a place to have the scene as any. Not sure why the scene would be any more or less effective if it took place on a beach or in a forest. Field of grass works about a well as anything else.

As far as begging for forgiveness... they just apoligized for acting in a manner they believed to be wrong. Nothing wrong with that. If I was busy throwing people in hell, I'd apologize too.

BANNED

they can't pick up the telephone? the scene was obviously portrayed to make the x-men look weak and incompetent while steve and the avengers high on their pedestal or moral superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Sally Floyd is dumb as hell though. Who holds a bunch of social fads that pass with the time with ideals?

BANNED

they can't pick up the telephone? the scene was obviously portrayed to make the x-men look weak and incompetent while steve and the avengers high on their pedestal or moral superiority.
    In what world can the X-Men be considered competent? They've been on this mutant rights crusade for fifty years now and apparently made negative progress. At the same time minorities, women, and LGBT individuals have all made tremendous strides in society, and doors have opened for the disabled, mentally ill, and people with congenital diseases. But mutants? They're probably worse off than they have ever been, so who's fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Sally Floyd is dumb as hell though. Who holds a bunch of social fads that pass with the time with ideals?
    So you don't think that it is important for a man that wears red, white and blue and calls himself Captain America, to know the culture of the nation that he's representing?

Cap had me laughing with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    so who's fault is that?

Where were you indeed, Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    In what world can the X-Men be considered competent? They've been on this mutant rights crusade for fifty years now and apparently made negative progress. At the same time minorities, women, and LGBT individuals have all made tremendous strides in society, and doors have opened for the disabled, mentally ill, and people with congenital diseases. But mutants? They're probably worse off than they have ever been, so who's fault is that?
    Mutants had genosha but we know how that ended.

Cosidering the Avengers were in hiding, yeah... I think calling them on the telephone probably wasn't an option.

I guess we can agree to disagree that showing them apologize is a sign of weakness or incompetence. I think they were offering a genuine olive branch, and that allowed the teams to resolve their rift and do what they need to do.

They came off more incompetent looking to me when they starting fighting in the first place. This to me is how heroes SHOULD interact with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    So you don't think that it is important for a man that wears red, white and blue and calls himself Captain America, to know the culture of the nation that he's representing?
    I don't think it's important for him to know about Nascar or Myspace in the slightest.

Steve is a person that fought in world wars for his country. He understand it far better than a drunked idiot like Sally Floyd ever could hope to.

That Sally Floyd scene was the worst, just ridiculous. I can't believe someone could write that with a straight face, unless they meant for the readers to hate her.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by LorrieK View Post
    That Sally Floyd scene was the worst, just ridiculous. I can't believe someone could write that with a straight face, unless they meant for the readers to hate her.
    Same here that scene made no since.