Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 816
  1. #301
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    I thought he was working for the government before Civil War?
    Some people said he wasn't who knows.

  2. #302
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    How so? SHRA still got overturned.
    The similar law for mutants is still in effect, Cap doesn't have to be registered but members of his team do and he has never had any problem with that.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  3. #303
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    One thing I did like about Cap in AvX was what he did when he found out about Wolverine's deception. Classic Cap.
    Classic Cap was what he did after the second murder attempt. Give it a pass
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  4. #304
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montrťal
    Posts
    8,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Some people said he wasn't who knows.
    He was. He addressed the difference between his job as a soldier, and the choices he'd made vs the forced registration. It was all there on the page.

    If people don't bother to read the stories, they have no business taking it out on the character.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

  5. #305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    So what? They needed her. "The Needs of the Many" and all that.
    Those pesky mutants, it would have been so much easier if the X-Men would have allowed the U.S. to harbor all of them in one place so Cap America could 'pluck' the mutants he 'needed' for whatever reason, just like the enlightened people did on Genosha



    Although from what we know from the X-Men's future, there's still time for that....


  6. #306
    Hex Magic Nemesis@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    I love the fact see Reed Richards, Ben and Torch on the front line.

  7. #307
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by listererik View Post
    ]However, event time is over, and I'm enjoying Hickman's take on the character so far. Hopefully Marvel also stops this hero vs. hero crap, because in it, someone will always come out looking like the jerk off, and why do that to your characters? If your purpose is to sell books long term, stop pitting them against one another for a quick buck, and have them unite against a common foe. If I want to see who can beat up who, I will just play Marvel vs. Capcom.
    Agreed, screw hero vs hero event crap, it only destroys both parties credibility. Leave that kind of garbage in video games.

  8. #308
    Senior Member Whip Whirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The similar law for mutants is still in effect, Cap doesn't have to be registered but members of his team do and he has never had any problem with that.
    I feel like this is something that marvel has kind of forgotten about. Has it been mentioned since CW? I feel like that's something that should come up in UA.

  9. #309
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Isn't it amazing that the symbol for Marvel's America, got his powers through drugs? Perhaps that's why people hate him.
    Don't ever get sick.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  10. #310
    Iron Patriot Stars 'N Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Don't ever get sick.
    Watch for dead horses.

  11. #311
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Pressman View Post
    So what? They needed her. "The Needs of the Many" and all that.
    Great logic if you are a fascist or a communist, but not of much value in a democracy or a place that thinks people have rights. even your quote has the individual concerned making the choice volentarily
    Last edited by mikekerrIII; 01-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  12. #312
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I feel like this is something that marvel has kind of forgotten about. Has it been mentioned since CW? I feel like that's something that should come up in UA.
    The MRA is mentioned off hand by the thug holding the Healing mutant, but that is about it.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  13. #313
    Senior Member West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    America loves drugs tho.
    Who doesn't?

  14. #314
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    perhaps you should go back to your comic shop and ask for an exchange.

    Fully armed, which apparently involves not having any actual armaments. And before you say the shield, you meant the non-lethal thing? At best, that's lightly armed. Never says "or else." As that was specifically quoted. So yeah, I'm, sticking by what I said.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  15. #315
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Great logic if you are a fascist or a communist, but not of much value in a democracy or a place that thinks people have rights. even your quote has the individual concerned making the choice volentarily
    If you're going to bold a word, spell check it, would you?


    In any event, speaking of voluntarily, the argument falls apart, as the only involuntary action was Cyke keeping Hope on the island against her will. Given she then immediately bolted.

    But either way, bull. What you just described isn't a democracy, but anarchy. In a democracy, we fully give up individual rights to those we vote in power. Otherwise, we wouldn't have people in power at all. So basically, your attempt at "You're all a bunch of commienazis, I'm a real Murrican!" is a tactic formed out of shaped manure.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •