Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welcome Back, Kafka

There's a nice little piece up at Marvel.com about Giuseppe Camuncoli and Humberto Ramos' upcoming issues of Superior Spider-Man. But the big news is that it features preview art featuring the long-awaited (by me, and maybe JM DeMatteis) return of Dr. Ashley Kafka!

I guess Ravencroft hired her back - possibly because nobody else wanted the job.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    There's a nice little piece up at Marvel.com about Giuseppe Camuncoli and Humberto Ramos' upcoming issues of Superior Spider-Man. But the big news is that it features preview art featuring the long-awaited (by me, and maybe JM DeMatteis) return of Dr. Ashley Kafka!

I guess Ravencroft hired her back - possibly because nobody else wanted the job.
    First Cardiac, now Dr. Kafka. Man can Maha Yogi be far behind?

I love Dr. Kafka, the way JM Dematteis used her in Spectacular Spider-Man was awesome. Who could ever forget The Child Within.... I miss storylines like that.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Maybe MJ and SpOck can go to couples counseling now!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Return of Shriek?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    "She acts as if she is superior to me. ME! Peter Parker! But it is I -- "

"Mm-hm. I see. And how does that make you feel?"

"Do not interrupt me when I am monologuing, woman!"
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Cyclops' optic blasts are concussion beams! This is some bullshit!
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

That's hilarious!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I think Peter summed up Dr. Kafka and her track record perfectly well when he found out she once treated Massacre. "He's one of Dr. Kafka's? Oh, this can't be good."

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    I think Peter summed up Dr. Kafka and her track record perfectly well when he found out she once treated Massacre. "He's one of Dr. Kafka's? Oh, this can't be good."
    It's not so much her track record as the fact that she's so respected in her field she gets the worst cases.

She did cure Vermin, you know!

I wonder which super-criminals are going to play her for a patsy this time.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Cyclops' optic blasts are concussion beams! This is some bullshit!
    haha My first thought too. We're nerdy.

Also, where the hell did Cardiac show up?
    "No law against running around in colorful long johns is there? I mean if there was, they'd have thrown you in jail years ago! See you around, Petey-o!" - Harry Osborn

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post

She popped up in a diagnosis video about the villain Massacre in Slott's 'No One Dies' story. Though, granted, this must be her first actual appearance in the titles since god knows when.

Hmmm, nice addition! I wonder if they intend to bring back Judas Traveller. He was one f my favourite foes from the 90's!

I always loved Ravencroft Asylum and Dr. Kafka - I've been hoping they'd make their way back into the book one of these days. That page by Camucoli looks terrific. At first I'd be a little let down went his turn in the rotation came up but he's developed into one of my favorite Spidey artists. Either he's gotten better or my taste has improved.