Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies8MyDingo View Post
    Actually I was just having some fun, Pete saved loads of people and I'm a long time Spidey fan from way back after growing up with Stan & Steve reprints.

I'm really enjoying the new Spidey though, I'm sure it'll be quite a journey and if he does eventually sacrifice his life in one last heroic gesture in which he truly becomes Spider-Man, then I'm ok if there's another replacement. I loved Pete and all his wacky adventures, but I'm happy to have a new Spidey for a while. And I do think Pete really wasn't living up to his potential. He's been better whilst in Horizon but SpOck really is showing him up already.

Ock did end up causing Captain Stacy's death though, plus a lot of others, so I'm hoping we start to see it affecting him, or is one tortured Spider guy enough? Could be worth bringing Jill Stacy back to spark off some remorse, or just to finally do something interesting with her. Black Cat could be a fun encounter too after nearly killing her.
    Got it now.
    I am not the bigest fan of other characters taking the legacy of a popular super hero.
    But i have to admit that this idea for the time it will last (Because surelly Peter will be back in the future) is interesting and do have lots of stories potential.
    I mean another super hero or a somewhat similiar character taking the Spider-Man role have been done in the past,now one of the arch enemy of Spidey taking his role and his powers is interesting and allows to take the importance of what is Spider-Man in a original take.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Just about the community joke, something I'm not sure anyone has noticed in the outrage over a pop culture reference [or maybe somebody has and I look a jackass right now] is that MJ says it's something Peter used to say. Maybe MJ has noticed something is off?
    "Dan Slott was also unbelievably helpful during this period as he helped me formulate some of the ideas that eventually be used in "OMIT." Dan is a champ and an idea machine" - Joey Q

I'm starting to think MJ's a masochist.

I mean Pete's basically been a paragon all this time and she's like "No, we can never get back together." The minute he starts acting like an unapologetic ass, she goes straight for him...

Nice and funny preview, though to honest, they REALLY need to get a different colorist. It looks okay, but the coloring style doesn't compliment Stegman's art at all, though Stegman isn't exactly giving the cleanest linework here either.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    I'm starting to think MJ's a masochist.

I mean Pete's basically been a paragon all this time and she's like "No, we can never get back together." The minute he starts acting like an unapologetic ass, she goes straight for him...

Nice and funny preview, though to honest, they REALLY need to get a different colorist. It looks okay, but the coloring style doesn't compliment Stegman's art at all, though Stegman isn't exactly giving the cleanest linework here either.

I don't recall a time when Peter tried to get back together with her
    "Dan Slott was also unbelievably helpful during this period as he helped me formulate some of the ideas that eventually be used in "OMIT." Dan is a champ and an idea machine" - Joey Q

I'm looking forward to see where this is going, so far Dan Slott's stories have been pretty good, and have enjoyed the BIG TIME run. Same as some other Marvel NOW comics i'll give all the first arcs a go and then see from there

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    I think he's saying that Peter COULD HAVE saved a lot more and done his job better if he was doing stuff like SpOck is doing them.
    Its only been one issue. Spocks way of doing things can easily go wrong. Hell, the only reason 2 people didnt die in that issue was because Pete intervened. Think about that.

Surprisingly, I am enjoying this storyline immensely. Some of the best plotting I've seen in years. I do cringe when I see those pop culture references, I do prefer "timelessness" in comics but that's just me. Only Marvel floppie I'm buying each issue, looking forward to this Wednesday.
    David Bowie fan

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I don't know if it's even possible to do a 'timeless' comic. Somehow, something filters into the script, be it slang or mention of a recent historical event. You can't read comics from the 70s and tell me, "Oh, these happened whenever. Nice bellbottoms by the way."
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I don't know if it's even possible to do a 'timeless' comic. Somehow, something filters into the script, be it slang or mention of a recent historical event. You can't read comics from the 70s and tell me, "Oh, these happened whenever. Nice bellbottoms by the way."
    Any comic that features Maha Yogi in it is considered timeless.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Any comic that features Maha Yogi in it is considered timeless.
    Well. At least you're not spamming about Cardiac anymore.