Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Doc Ock is a ugly, jealous, bitter, despicable little toad of a man. Somebody so twisted in his sense of self-importance he would destroy New York to make a point, or threaten half the world just to get close to Spider-Man and prove his superiority. His outfit should match that persona, not this clean, suave, sophisticated 90s suit. His ASM #600 look isn't one of my favorites, but I feel that better served the character than the white suit ever did.
    I disagree. That look is how he thinks everyone should view him. As superior. I think it fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Doc Ock is a ugly, jealous, bitter, despicable little toad of a man. Somebody so twisted in his sense of self-importance he would destroy New York to make a point, or threaten half the world just to get close to Spider-Man and prove his superiority. His outfit should match that persona, not this clean, suave, sophisticated 90s suit. His ASM #600 look isn't one of my favorites, but I feel that better served the character than the white suit ever did.
    I understand your point completely. But the Armani suit was excellent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Superior Spidey making Norah dat $$$! :)

This guy might not be so bad after all.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Again, it's not so much comic book creators making pop culture references but rather how they use them. In the preview we have Ghost Peter react to seeing SpOck and Jonah being all buddy-buddy by saying "This is crazy-town banana pants!" Then, in the very next scene with Mary Jane and Carlie, MJ says the same thing and then proceeds to explain that "Crazy-town banana pants" was something she picked up from Peter while they were living together. Then Carlie adds that Peter said "crazy-town banana pants" all the time while they were dating. The problem is that Peter has never uttered that phrase in any comic until this issue. Moreoever, people didn't even recognize that what Peter said was a nod to Community until some had a vague recollection of hearing the phrase somewhere else before and looked it up on the internet.

Still, this is a very well-written response all the same.
    Good god man, maybe Dan Harmon overheard Peter saying it 5 years ago at the Coffee Bean and used it for the show. Maybe Peter does say it all the time but only in the hundreds of thousands of conversations he's had off-panel. Would that make it OK? Could we move on then?

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Superior Spider-Man, #2

• The All-Now Supereir Spider-Man battles All-New Sinister Six!
    • PLUS: Spider-Man and Mary Jane...REUNITED!
    • PLUS: Slott and Stegman... REUNITED!

Full article here.

Isn't that description from the first issue?
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

I thought the first issue suffered from some poor dialogue, especially from the Sinister Six but Peter saying "Crazy town banana pants!" is.... well I don't even have words.

Quote Originally Posted by .c.h.r.i.s. View Post
    I thought the first issue suffered from some poor dialogue, especially from the Sinister Six but Peter saying "Crazy town banana pants!" is.... well I don't even have words.
    What are you talking about? That's classic Peter dialogue...

Quote Originally Posted by Another Aaron View Post
    What are you talking about? That's classic Peter dialogue...
    This is one of the few places where you hear "Crazy town banana pants" and it's funny On-purpose.
    I tried looking up the Straw Hat Law, but I guess The Amish haven'[t made it to the Internet yet.

One issue of Superior, two of Avenging and I already don't want Pete back. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies8MyDingo View Post
    One issue of Superior, two of Avenging and I already don't want Pete back. :)
    Who's that?

Since the big twist is Peter's ghost, or whatever, is following Doc Oc, to us Peter never really left. I do like seeing Peter's current reaction to Doc Living in his body. It'll be fun to see how much influence he has on Doc and the ways he can interact with him like at the end of the last issue.

Current solicits say the public figures out this is not the Regular Spider-Man. It looks like Mary Jane might find out sooner. But maybe not soon enough...ugh

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    SpOck's last words: "I'll concede that you are the better Spider-Man, but I am THE SUPERIOR TAILOR!"
    The ghost Ock will follow Pete around with captions like "Not the argyle sweater with white socks!"
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The ghost Ock will follow Pete around with captions like "Not the argyle sweater with white socks!"
    LOL! I love it. I would buy this comic.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I think I would actually pick up this comic if Doc Ock was the permanent Spider-Man going forward, as he's more interesting right now than Peter was, but the instant reveal that Parker will be back tells me I can continue to not care about Spider-man, because no matter the hype Slott spits out, Spider-Man will always end up where he started.

Peter is miserable and emo, good stuff starts to happen, Peter gets happy, something happens to reset everything back to Peter being miserable, etc...
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title