Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Can someone please tell me at what point during the cross-over was the scene in the bat-cave? it looks like all the cross-overs are ending before Tim, Jason & Barbara have chance to get back and inform Bruce of what is happening. Also looks like Isabel is history.

Quote Originally Posted by morganax View Post
    The only tie in I didn't go for was Detective, other than that I have gotten all the other ones.
    I am glad to see I am not the only one who finds it alittle messy....overall I have been pleased, but some are just falling flat for me. Catwoman is a mess, and I just don't see why it is involved, and I have been disappointed in the Suicide Squad tie ins.
    Detetective 16 I thought was really awesome and really clever spin on the bizarre fans of the joker.

I honestly have no idea what the hell was going on in Catwoman. I put down issue 14 and had absolutely no clue what I had just read. Why was it in the event? It had no plot reason to be in there. Catwoman hasn't even been MENTIONED in the event.

Suicide Squad wasn't great but at least it was fun to see Harley and Joker interact again.

Can't wait till this wraps up so i can read the whole thing in one go
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I've been collecting each tie-in except for Suicide Squad, Detective Comics and Teen Titans. To save money a while back I decided that I'd have to let a few books for this crossover go and maybe get them somewhere down the line. Looking back, I wish I subscribed to Teen Titans or Detective Comics instead of Catwoman. Catwoman, on all fronts, has been extremely boring to me.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying Death of the Family. Just read Batman & Batgirl #'s 16 and i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the conclusion. I'm going to take a wild guess that it's Alfred's face on the dinner dish Joker's been carrying around.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Tie-ins and reading order

OCTOBER
    BATMAN 13 Return of the Joker
    Batgirl 13 Prelude: conclusion of Batgirl Knightfall arc
    Catwoman 13 Prelude: conclusion of origin story

NOVEMBER
    BATMAN 14 Where is Alfred?
    Batgirl 14 Barbara fights for her family
    Catwoman 14 Caught in the Jokers trap
    Suicide Squad 14 Harley's reunion

DECEMBER
    Detective Comics Guest starring Poison Ivy and Clayface
    BATMAN 15 A family meeeting
    Batgirl 15 Time for a wedding
    Suicide Squad 15 Harleys reunion
    Batman and Robin 15 Damian VS The Joker
    Nightwing 15 Joker strikes Haleys circus
    Red Hood and The Outlaws 15 Jason Todd VS The Joker
    Teen Titans 15 Titans VS Outlaws guest starring Batgirl

JANUARY
    Detective Comics 16 The Court of Smiles
    BATMAN 16 In Arkham Asylum
    Batgirl 16 Married to the Joker
    Batman & Robin 16 Damian killed by the Joker?
    Nightwing 16 A circus in flames
    Red Hood and the Outlaws 16 Teen Titans crossover
    Teen Titans 16 Outlaws and Titans team up against Joker

FEBRUARY
    Detective Comics 17 Fallout from DotF: The Court of Smiles
    BATMAN 17 Final Showdown
    Batgirl 17 Fallout from DotF: James Gordon Jr
    Nightwing 17 Fallout: a new life for Dick Grayson
    Red Hoods and the Outlaws 17 Fallout: Bruce Wayne and Jason Todd, heart to heart
    Is this the official order to read the story in? Is there a different preferred order that readers would recommend?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Officersmile1466 View Post
    Suicide Squad wasn't great but at least it was fun to see Harley and Joker interact again.
    I have to say, Suicide #15 did get better than previous issue....it was interesting taken on their relationship. Harley is one that I have had love/hate relationship with in the new 52....one hand, it is good to see her standing on her own...BUT on the flip side....I do miss her bat shit kind of crazy....

having finally gotten red hood, nightwing, teen titans, and batman and robin 15s, i can now comment on them. out of these 4, i loved red hood the most, which is surprising because i thought it would be the lowest of the four. as others have mentioned, the art is phenomenal in batman and robin, joker playing with his rotted face is truly terrifying. i really liked the dialogue in teen titans, but im a sucker for fabian niciezas writing, especially for red robin. nightwing was okay, but im expecting it to pick up next issue. from these tie ins though, theres no way joker doesn't at least for sure know jason, and most likely dick as well, and by association could get the others.

and btw, im not german. really dont know where that came from

apart from Batman i'm most invested in the Red Hood arc of this event. the Batgirl portion was lame to start of with but the last two issues were the strongest the entire series has been post new 52. everything else has been good to decent depending on issue IMO.

For a guy that's solo.. Batman sure has a lot of people to help him out!

I mean, Batman is a loner isn't he? Why would he be working with so many people? I tolerated the fact that he had Alfred- that's understandable. I never really liked the idea of Robin, but I tolerated it.. But Bat-Girl was pushing it wayy too far, now there's like 5 other characters that help Batman here and there.. I'm not feeling it at all. This is just too much.

I see it coming as well, Joker is going to kill someone, and that's going to be sad, and dramatic. Batman will get mad. Something bad will happen to the Joker, and the path Batman takes will be forever changed or something along those lines.

I love the art and Greg Capullo is one of my favorites. But all in all...... I'm not feeling all these "friends" that Batman has around him...

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Is this the official order to read the story in? Is there a different preferred order that readers would recommend?
    This is the official order DC put out and the order the books are released in weekly. If there's another order that makes more sense after actually reading them all and fitting the events together, there might be but i wouldn't know as I havnt been following it too closely.

Default Can Someone explain the DOTF Checklist for me??

I'm really confused by the Death of the Family reading checklist which has one issue listed releasing in February which is the final issue in the arc Batman 17 yet i've seen on multiple comic sites have under their DOTF section for february issues of batgirl 17, detective comics 17, nightwing 17 and red hood 17.

most of those release AFTER Batman 17 (the finale of the story arc) and are described as THE FOLLOW-UP to what happened in DOTF but even if that made sense DC #17 is still releasing a week BEFORE Batman 17 does and yet its not on any checklist...????

God why do they make it so damn confusing!

no 17 issue outside of Batman is part of Death of the Family. There will be issues that deal with the fallout of Death of the Family, which ends in Batman 17, as already noted. The only title that is being released before Batman 17 is Detective Comics, which has Layman doing his own thing, that tied into Death of the Family in thematic purposes only, didn't even have Joker in it. Don't take solicitations words for an absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan815 View Post
    I'm really confused by the Death of the Family reading checklist which has one issue listed releasing in February which is the final issue in the arc Batman 17 yet i've seen on multiple comic sites have under their DOTF section for february issues of batgirl 17, detective comics 17, nightwing 17 and red hood 17.

most of those release AFTER Batman 17 (the finale of the story arc) and are described as THE FOLLOW-UP to what happened in DOTF but even if that made sense DC #17 is still releasing a week BEFORE Batman 17 does and yet its not on any checklist...????

God why do they make it so damn confusing!
    Anything in February that is NOT Batman is basically fallout from DotF. So they will take place after the events of Batman #17, but still have some plot ties to DotF. Which titles are you reading? It might be easier to explain that way.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Okay thanks for the confirmation guys, I thought as much this would be the reason but it just gets so confusing when you see the official checklist page ending with just Batman in Feb and then I see THIS on an actual comics site listed in Feb http://www.destinationvenus.co.uk/?p=438

Didn't know which one to believe! I just hate missing out, like to read every tie-in possible for a story like this.

It's a store... if they see Death in the Family listed in the solicits, they're going to list it as a tie-in with hopes that more people buy it.