Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Van Lente Explores Ancient History in "Archer & Armstrong" #0

Writer Fred Van Lente and artist Clayton Henry head to the ancient civilization of Ur to explore the origins of the Anni-Padda in May's "Archer & Armstrong" #0, and we have an exclusive preview.

Full article here.

This is exactly what I wanted out of this series, thank you Valiant.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

A&A + Dinosaurs= I may just get my Mon-ark wish!
    So is the Faraway another name for the Deadside or someplace else?
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I think Faraway is the new version of The Lost Land/Galyanna. It would explain the dinosaurs.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    I think Faraway is the new version of The Lost Land/Galyanna. It would explain the dinosaurs.
    Good point, so the Faraway would have access to all-timelines, maybe the Boon originally came from the future. This would also leave room for Rai/Bleeding monk, to enter the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Good point, so the Faraway would have access to all-timelines, maybe the Boon originally came from the future. This would also leave room for Rai/Bleeding monk, to enter the future.
    Great point! I can't wait for this issue...it just looks like awesome sauce on a bitchin burger.

Oh...and we're getting Shadowman #0 too

MTV Geek Exclusive
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Great point! I can't wait for this issue...it just looks like awesome sauce on a bitchin burger.

Oh...and we're getting Shadowman #0 too

MTV Geek Exclusive
    Man, the five on-goings plus the Harbinger Wars book and two #0 issues. That's Valiants biggest month since the relaunch

Just awesome! is that a Shadow-mobile.

Just awesome! is that a Shadow-mobile.
    Awesome!

And 8 books from Valiant in May? Outstanding.
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

Yes. *strokes beard*

This pleases me.

So....Hercules in the Savage Land?

Cool.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Shadowman #0 I'll be on board for, but Archer & Armstrong I may pass on depending upon if anything major happens within the issue. As I've said before, I'm pretty much done with A&A unless an issue has a universe changing event or a guest star that I must follow, but Shadowman #0 will have me chomping at the bit to read (as does anything Shadowman at the moment).

Who knows, maybe Erica Pierce inhabits this version of The Lost Land as well (if that really turns out to be what Faraway is)... It would make Hawkeyeps a happy man...
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    Who knows, maybe Erica Pierce inhabits this version of The Lost Land as well (if that really turns out to be what Faraway is)... It would make Hawkeyeps a happy man...
    As DeNiro might say, "I heard things."...I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Erica will return evetually, I just know it

I thought it was interesting that the Boon was covered in VINES, hmmmm?

Just as Harbinger and Bloodshot are drawing closer together, I think there is connections between A&A and XO. I can even see there being a direct connection between the Boon and Shanhara.

Here is a way out there thought- What if the Boon is actually the wormhole where Erica Pierce was trapped at the end of Unity? What if she is the actual power behind the Boon and is the same Erica Pierce from VH1 only now existing in the VEI universe.

I don't know if she ever appeared in the Acclaim universe but if she did she would know how the V1 and V2 universes actually ended, maybe she even had something to do with it. And what if she learned some hard lessons from those expierences and now has a more altrustic and less maniacle out look not wishing to repeat the actions that ended the V1 and V2 universes?

The back story of the deaths of the prior 2 universes and what happens now that Erica is in VEI would make a great new "Unity" story. It would be like a big crazy crossover with themselves and give new meaning to the title "Unity". Not only would it put a nice bow on the old universe (instead of death by shitty sales and bad comics) it would also give VEI their new Solar and it would be Erica Pierce!

Something like that would be amazing and make all the Valiant books ever made seem like one universe with Erica as the link, VEI may not be able to use Solar but they could go nuts with Erica if they wanted to.

Ok, I'll go take my meds now...JK