Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Aquaman is just a great but risky character, in an already so risky movie.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    And they shouldn’t. Hal Jordan should be the founding GL of the Justice League (doesn’t matter how poorly received the film was), and having John Stewart won’t make a difference anyway.
    The JL/JLU 'toon went with Stewart over Jordan, and everything was fine.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Are they still trying to tell us we should be excited about the script the dude who wrote that piece of crap Gangster Squad wrote for this? Call me when WB hires some people with talent.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a disaster no matter which characters appear on the team. Unlike Marvel, the DC movies have no continuity and have failed to cross over at any point. DC just needs to suck it up and take the time to make two-hour long "trailers" like Marvel did before jumping on something this ambitious.

Go big or go home. This is the lineup that makes sense, but I do anticipate Aquaman to be in the sequel. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Unlike Marvel, the DC movies have no continuity and have failed to cross over at any point. DC just needs to suck it up and take the time to make two-hour long "trailers" like Marvel did before jumping on something this ambitious.
    DC? I’m pretty sure you mean Warner Brothers (the studio actually responsible for these adaptions).

Aquaman and underwater scenes would make costs for filming skyrocket.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Aquaman and underwater scenes would make costs for filming skyrocket.
    Yeah, which would be all for nothing, if the audience doesn't connect with the character.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    No disagreement here, but I don't see WB/DCE giving up on Hal, especially if Johns has any say in the matter.
    Even with the crappy movie, John is still the only GL most people know. If WB was smart, they'd remember how value able Geoff Johns' advice and guidance was to the Ryan Reynolds fiasco and get John Stewart in the JL no matter what Geoff thinks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Are they still trying to tell us we should be excited about the script the dude who wrote that piece of crap Gangster Squad wrote for this? Call me when WB hires some people with talent.
    I'm hoping that was a studio frack up, like John Rogers getting credit /blame for Catwoman when the studio had a half dozen other guys rewriting the script. Anyone who read the D&D comic from IDW know that Rogers is actually a great writer. The studio just borked the script after he was done.

Wacktose Intolerant monkeysweat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be a disaster no matter which characters appear on the team. Unlike Marvel, the DC movies have no continuity and have failed to cross over at any point. DC just needs to suck it up and take the time to make two-hour long "trailers" like Marvel did before jumping on something this ambitious.
    The Magnificent Seven had no prequels. Ocean's Eleven had no prequels. The Italian Job had no prequels. You can make a perfectly good team-up movie without spending 2 hours in advance explaining who everyone is.

Just because Avengers made a jillion dollars doesn't mean WB now has to imitate everything Marvel did.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

I expect Baz will be the GL to both distance itself from the GL movie and diversity. I would have said JS, but since Johns role as CCO involves being a producer in the DC films and other media, I'm pretty sure he's going to be partial towards his creation.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    I'm hoping that was a studio frack up, like John Rogers getting credit /blame for Catwoman when the studio had a half dozen other guys rewriting the script. Anyone who read the D&D comic from IDW know that Rogers is actually a great writer. The studio just borked the script after he was done.
    That reminds me, since WB is notorious for that (GL included)...let's all regularly pay attention to how many rewrites this script has gotten/is going to get. It's already going on #2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Yeah, which would be all for nothing, if the audience doesn't connect with the character.
    Exactly and there really isn't any point in having Aquaman in the movie if you aren't doing some kind of Underwater scene. It would be like using Superman and not having any flying scene or Batman without some superscience gadgetry.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Like most I have no confidence in WB. but going with a smaller roster is at least a step in the right direction. They can hint at Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Cyborg for a sequel. Not a huge fan of Hal, but I would rather have Hal than John Stewart.