Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 122
  1. #76
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It;s kind of hilarious that there's two books where Wolverine is stuck in the Savage land. And there's SIX other books where he's appearing.
    I hate Wolverine so, so, so much.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I hate Wolverine so, so, so much.
    I find I don't hate him, I'm just supremely bored of him, in everything, films, comics just... Indifference. My impression or interest in a comic will vary depending on his role. Some comics I keep, like X-Force some ill drop...

  3. #78
    Laser Life Phantom Bravery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Leaves and starts his own school to keep kids away from danger ; takes kids to one of the most dangerous locations in the MU. Wolverine logic FTW!
    The Avengers can go fuck themselves." -Elizabeth Braddock

  4. #79
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    11,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunkypack87 View Post
    I find I don't hate him, I'm just supremely bored of him, in everything, films, comics just... Indifference. My impression or interest in a comic will vary depending on his role. Some comics I keep, like X-Force some ill drop...
    Exactly the same thing for me too. It's not that i don't like Wolverine, use to love him what i was like 12, im just so very bored of him.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunkypack87 View Post
    I find I don't hate him, I'm just supremely bored of him, in everything, films, comics just... Indifference. My impression or interest in a comic will vary depending on his role. Some comics I keep, like X-Force some ill drop...
    Exactly what bothers me. Why does he get so much popularity when he really has nothing much left to do.

  6. #81
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    I hope a dinosaur eats Quire.

  7. #82
    ~MagiKat~ Kaiolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Exactly what bothers me. Why does he get so much popularity when he really has nothing much left to do.
    I don't think that many comic readers still like Wolverine. But the Hugh Jackman variant is still hugely popular, iconic even, (his performance even shines through in dire movies) and Marvel will always try to attract the mythical new reader.

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I don't think that many comic readers still like Wolverine. But the Hugh Jackman variant is still hugely popular, iconic even, (his performance even shines through in dire movies) and Marvel will always try to attract the mythical new reader.
    If Wolverine is in 6 ongoings, he's still popular.

    Thing is, I think many fans are starting to turn against him.

  9. #84
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Exactly what bothers me. Why does he get so much popularity when he really has nothing much left to do.
    a) Writers/editors love him
    b) Trying to cash in on his non-comic popularity
    c) Marvel hasn't caught up to the fact that he's a dud among readers

  10. #85
    ~MagiKat~ Kaiolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    If Wolverine is in 6 ongoings, he's still popular.

    Thing is, I think many fans are starting to turn against him.
    Hawkeye was in 4 ongoings earlier this year. Before either the Avengers or his solo book came out. Was he popular?

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Hawkeye was in 4 ongoings earlier this year. Before either the Avengers or his solo book came out. Was he popular?
    Hawkeye's books didn't hit the mark til now.

    a) Writers/editors love him
    Too much of him spoils him.

    b) Trying to cash in on his non-comic popularity
    I.E. Gamers
    c) Marvel hasn't caught up to the fact that he's a dud among readers
    It's gonna happen!

  12. #87
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Too much of him spoils him.
    Absolutely. Especially since they insist on making him Cyclops, Wolverine, Old Man Logan and Hugh Jackman at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's gonna happen!
    I sure hope so. They need to bring him back to basics.

  13. #88
    GUILTY Phoenix Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX by way of the WHR
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Wolverine's decision to create a new mutant community wasn't about keeping the kids out of danger. They're teens with super-powers, so that couldn't have been the goal. The main idea is to keep the kids from a resignation to a depressing life. It was a difference between living and surviving.

    Get over it already. Long live the Jgg Institute.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

  14. #89
    HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Wolverine's decision to create a new mutant community wasn't about keeping the kids out of danger. They're teens with super-powers, so that couldn't have been the goal. The main idea is to keep the kids from a resignation to a depressing life. It was a difference between living and surviving.

    Get over it already. Long live the Jgg Institute.
    What could be more depressing than life at a school named for Jean Grey, though? Look what it's done to Idie. On Utopia she was finally becoming a real person and now she's a psychopath alien-fetishist.

  15. #90
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Wolverine's decision to create a new mutant community wasn't about keeping the kids out of danger. They're teens with super-powers, so that couldn't have been the goal. The main idea is to keep the kids from a resignation to a depressing life. It was a difference between living and surviving.

    Get over it already. Long live the Jgg Institute.
    In other words, he endangered the kids lives because he didn't think they were living it up enough.

    Sounds more like the Wolverine we all know and love. Too bad he ruined it by being an asshole and claiming he was doing it for the children's safety.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •