Default Looking for a long-lost Batman book

One of my first memories of comics was when I was a child and my Grandmother used to take me to her local library, and I used to pick up some trade paperbacks.

In this time I read my first ever Batman story, however I have no idea what it was called and remember very little.

I remember Poison Ivy being in the book, and her causing all kinds of weird mushrooms to sprout out of peoples mouths & what not (which was kind of awesome to 5 year old me)

Assuming I was around 5, the book must've came out before 98, before 2000 definitely.

Any help would be gratefully accepted

Poison Ivy Year One Annual, Poison Tommorow and Legends of the Dark Knight Hothouse all have scenes similar to that and published in the 90's, and theres likely more im not thinking of. Any other details at all you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
    One of my first memories of comics was when I was a child and my Grandmother used to take me to her local library, and I used to pick up some trade paperbacks.

In this time I read my first ever Batman story, however I have no idea what it was called and remember very little.

I remember Poison Ivy being in the book, and her causing all kinds of weird mushrooms to sprout out of peoples mouths & what not (which was kind of awesome to 5 year old me)

Assuming I was around 5, the book must've came out before 98, before 2000 definitely.

It may have been the Neil Gaiman issue of Secret Origins from the late 80's. Only as I have a vague memory of fungus growing out of people in that one. But that's completely off memory rather than concrete fact. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Poison Ivy Year One Annual, Poison Tommorow and Legends of the Dark Knight Hothouse all have scenes similar to that and published in the 90's, and theres likely more im not thinking of. Any other details at all you remember?
    I seem to remember a scene of Bruce Wayne talking about Ivy while in the shower, then Alfred turns the cold water on... but at the same time I have a feeling that could have been from the Batman & Robin movie...it has been a while

You might be after Catwoman #57 (from the first Catwoman volume). It was a Cataclysm tie in, where Selina has a 'moment of conscience' and follows Ivy around to make sure she's not getting up to no good in the after-quake ruins of Gotham. Turns out Ivy had been making bulk quantities of a fertilizer that she was going to ship around the ruined Gotham City and grow trees everywhere to reclaim the city for nature. So Catwoman reluctantly helps Harvey Bullock to stop Ivy from doing it. The cover date of the book is May '98.

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for all the help guys, I seem to have found it

It came from Alan Grant's 'Shadow Of The Bat Annual 3' (http://b-wayne-daily.livejournal.com/1706.html)

Even found the shower scene I remembered (http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8...ual03103ey.jpg)

Yep, that's the Poison Ivy Year One Annual. Forgot that it came from Shadow of the Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post

You can get that one in Batman; four of a kind as well!
    Good book with some good origin Stories.
    We're gonna have.. Tryouts. Make it fast.