Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Animated Comic project

Hey guys, I'm working on a sort or animated interactive comic. I'm doing a youtube video series documenting some of the process. Here are some links to the video's as well as some development art. Enjoy :)

Thanks for looking, more stuff to come.

I was thinking of doing something like this in the future, considering my comic work is mixed between anime and David Firth style cartooning. BUT since this isn't the future, I have no animation experience and you're ahead of me, I'll just have to support you instead.

Is it going to be a "click to choose path" style youtube "game"? I haven't seen any of those in ages, but it tends to stick in your head haha.

I got ahead of myself, shoulda watched the video first. Seems interesting and like a lot of work porting it to mobile and tablet/pad. Considering you're doing it mostly on your own.

*sorry for the double post, I don't see an edit function.

Thanks JakDark :) It is indeed a lot of work, but I should say I'm "mostly" doing it by myself, around the beginning of the project I was working with a couple of engineers and a decent amount of the engineering for the iOS app was completed back then. I'm still figuring out exactly the road I want to take for that bit of it, but right now just concentrating on the art. Thanks for checking it out :) Some more stuff:

Hey guys, just finished up a video on the environment design for my project

In the video I do a demo of drawing some environment concepts as well as share some of the work that's currently in progress. Check it out and let me know what you guys think :) I'm still trying to figure out what makes for a cool and entertaining video.

Hey guys, just finished up a video on the environment design for my project

In the video I do a demo of drawing some environment concepts as well as share some of the work that's currently in progress. Check it out and let me know what you guys think :) I'm still trying to figure out what makes for a cool and entertaining video.

sorry, don't know why that posted twice, looked at the FAQ for deleting a post, but I can't find the edit button, so yea, sorry about the double post.

You're certainly talented, no doubt about that. And I'm really digging the city. My internet isn't digging the fog and rain so I'll have to watch the video in a while.

Thanks JakDark :)
    I did another video about my project, in this one I'm demonstrating how I'm approaching the storyboards. Check it out and let me know what you guys think :)

Also in the last vid I was going over some environment design, and here's a few pics from that one I haven't posted here yet.

Thanks for looking :)

Cool work mate ,cool work mate.What is the title of the project ?
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Thanks Scurlogg_Hawkk, the name of the project is "Past Away". It's basically a futuristic, zombie apocalypse story :) Thanks for checking it out.

Any hints of the main characters or there names and there weapons of choice ?For how long you work on it .What programs you use for it ?

Yup a couple of the main characters are in the posts I have above, most of the characters won't really have weapons of choice, but the main character Jason is at least going to start out with a baseball bat, because he used to play baseball and it has sentimental value to him. I've been working primarily on this project for about 8 months now and I use photoshop for all the art and after effects for the animation. All the interactivity is done in flash, so pretty much all adobe stuff.

I actually made another one of my little video's where I'm showing/demoing some stuff from the project. In this one I'm doing some of the concepts for zombies. Check it out and let me know what you guys think :)

Looks cool mate .Thanks for sharing

Hey guys, got a few new pics to show :)

If any of you guys got the chance to check out the storyboarding video I did above, this is the finished background art for the first shot in that.

Both of the environment shots here are pans, I did a little video of the second one with the elements animated.

Thanks for looking :)

Oh yea and I started using Instagram @midlet
    I'll be posting WIP stuff as well as random things on there, follow me if you like :)
    Last edited by Midlet; 03-02-2013 at 11:39 PM.