Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Blast from the Wonder Woman PAST

There are a lot of people who miss the "old Wonder Woman". This thread is not necessarily to debate (although you know it might happen) the current Diana is the real WW or not. It's just what it is. A blast from the past.

Here, from the pages of Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman # 247, are some pages retelling a tale of how the amazons came to Paradise Island!

Last edited by RMAN63; 01-23-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Hello, Wonder Womans butt.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Hello, Wonder Womans butt.

If memory serves, that's not WW's butt, it's the butt of Hippolyta's sister, Diana, whom Princess Diana was names after (the gal dies later in the story...in that top panel)

M

The art is nice. Kinda wish we had that right now

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    If memory serves, that's not WW's butt, it's the butt of Hippolyta's sister, Diana, whom Princess Diana was names after (the gal dies later in the story...in that top panel)

M
    And whom ALSO appeared in an issue (Pre-Crisis) called "Empress of the Silver Snake". Wasn't that Hippolyta's sister? The one depicted in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    The art is nice. Kinda wish we had that right now
    That was the (arguably) great Vince Colleta at inks! I miss him so much! Rest in peace, Vince.

Brings back a lot of memories. I really miss the pre-crisis Wonder Woman, and I loved the Amazon backup stories, alas it didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post

M
    Hello, Wonder Womans aunts butt.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The curious one.

Different time, a far different time. In one way the same though, the main villain in this issue was a scientist who managed to turn himself inside out while experimenting with teleportation. He's insane and attacks and captures Diana so that he can use the JLA teleporters to turn the world inside out. I don't have issue 148 but at the end of the story she's working hard to save his life. Compassion for enemies is at least something the current Diana shares with the Diana of that era. The gods of course have completely devolved and so have the amazons.
    And back in 1978 you didn't notice the butt as much or the fact that the nipples on Diana could easily be seen through her flimsy dress. You saw it, but you didn't see it. At least I didn't. What I really miss about that era is the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Different time, a far different time. In one way the same though, the main villain in this issue was a scientist who managed to turn himself inside out while experimenting with teleportation. He's insane and attacks and captures Diana so that he can use the JLA teleporters to turn the world inside out. I don't have issue 148 but at the end of the story she's working hard to save his life. Compassion for enemies is at least something the current Diana shares with the Diana of that era. The gods of course have completely devolved and so have the amazons.
    And back in 1978 you didn't notice the butt as much or the fact that the nipples on Diana could easily be seen through her flimsy dress. You saw it, but you didn't see it. At least I didn't. What I really miss about that era is the price.
    And if you'll also notice on the cover (aside from the price) is the Comics Code decal. That "Hello Wonder Woman's Aunt Butt" moment that Dupersuper is referring to caused quite a stir, and alot of people wondered HOW it made it past the code. As you said. Different times!

And if you'll also notice on the cover (aside from the price) is the Comics Code decal. That "Hello Wonder Woman's Aunt Butt" moment that Dupersuper is referring to caused quite a stir, and alot of people wondered HOW it made it past the code. As you said. Different times!
    I miss the code..... :)
    M

The curious one.

In 1978 things were well on their way to changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    In 1978 things were well on their way to changing.
    Yes they were, but I think the actual landmark turning point turned out to be COiE. Although before COiE some really ground-breaking changes also took place with Marv Wolfman/Perez titans.

The curious one.

Yes they were, but I think the actual landmark turning point turned out to be COiE. Although before COiE some really ground-breaking changes also took place with Marv Wolfman/Perez titans.
    I agree that is where it started, at least for me. Personally I don't think wiping out the other Earth's was really needed.