Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I haven't completely decided yet.
    But, I am open minded to the idea.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I really don't care. The movie doesn't have to be exactly like every other incarnation of Superman. Some variety can be a good thing. Plus, it's Jimmy. The only version of Jimmy I've ever actually cared about was the Smallville version and that wasn't even really him. So whatever.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Isn't this supposed to be a pole...?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I am mildly opposed to it, but given that Jimmy has had no real character or motivations in the movies in any case, and assuming this change is made to help correct that, then I can see that it might work.

I really just wish this was the worst thing about the movie, but the costume is already much more irritating than gender-changing Jimmy. I really hope these are the worst things about the film, but until I see reviews and summaries of the film to suggest it's worth my while, I won't be seeing it.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

I wish they could have gotten actor Seth Green to play Jimmy Olsen, I don't know how old Mr. Green and the new Superman actor are.

I don't know... It's hard to tell, actually. I would have liked the change MORE if the actress they chose actually looked like a female version of Jimmy Olsen. That would actually be cool, and kind of cute. ( sucker for short red hair, I admit)

But alas, this version looks to dress very differently from the Jimmy we know, and she's got dark-brown hair. In fact, she look an awful LOT like Lois Lane.

That's... kind of dull and silly. It'd be far more interesting if she was a kind of mix between Chloe Sullivan and Jimmy Olsen. Red hair, boyish grungy style, noticeably younger than Superman, and kind of crushing on him in secret. ( I'm not sure it's actually possible to NOT have a little bit of that, when confronted with someone like Superman - he LOOKS LIKE A GOD!! In fact, he kind of is... and if this god-like, benevolent being starts calling you his pal, you are going to be pretty frackin' star-struck.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's stupid but they have so little of a clue about Superman that I'm numb to their idiocy. The fact is, they don't get Superman, they never will get Superman, and the character will never return to where he should be. The character is dead.
    I think that's a bit of a dramatical overstatement tho', don't you think? There are bound to be differences, but that's because this is a new version of Supes. Every new iteration has something new to him, this is no different. I see it a bit as the adventures of Earth-5 Superman, because that's what it is.

Even the Superman I take it that you LOVE MORE THAN ANY OTHER, aka the Earth-1 Bronze Age Superman, isn't really entirely true to the original character, as he was portrayed for a good 15 or so years of his existence.

No, the REAL Superman is Earth-2 BAY-BEE! And don't you dare say anything else!

But that doesn't mean that all these new iterations of Superman, that spin out of him, like cosmic rings on water, like branches on the tree of life, can't be equally noble and equally entertaining.

And after all... what would the fun be if Earth-5 Superman is EXACTLY like the original? It would be too predictable and kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be a pole...?
    Click the article...?
    BB

Long Live the Hogs Burning Eyes's Avatar

Doesn't really matter to me . . . I'll be going to see the movie for Superman, not Olsen
    Darkseid: "HOW DARE YOU?! I AM DARKSEID!"
    Superman: "I Don't Care."

I'm looking forward to see a Jenny Olsen instead of Jimmy. I was quite surprised to read about the news, and hopefully the audience likes her.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Click the article...?
    Geez: I hate binary polls. Great or terrible: no middle ground.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Geez: I hate binary polls. Great or terrible: no middle ground.
    It is not always necessary to cater to people who want to vote without voting, but in this instance I think a 'reserve judgment' option would be beneficial.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

I'll wait to see how they handle the character, but a female Jimmy Olsen can be a good addition to the movie mythos.

Man of Steel will have to do a lot worse to trump "Deadbeat Dad of Steel" from Superman Returns.