Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    Neither. Jimmy Olsen is going to be of such limited importance in any film adaptation that it really wouldn't matter if you made him a trained chimp.
    That's not true because it would waste precious screen time to explain the presence of an ape.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    That's not true because it would waste precious screen time to explain the presence of an ape.
    If modern audiences can accept sparkly vampires, then they can accept trained chimp sidekicks.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's stupid but they have so little of a clue about Superman that I'm numb to their idiocy. The fact is, they don't get Superman, they never will get Superman, and the character will never return to where he should be. The character is dead.
    Good to see you have an open mind about things.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    If modern audiences can accept sparkly vampires, then they can accept trained chimp sidekicks.
    I'm not saying they couldn't accept it; just that it would have to be explained. And even if they could do that in one line of dialogue, it would be 15 seconds stolen away from more important storytelling. Human Jimmy or nothing!

Considering that I am not really on board with this Zack Snider Superman thing, I could really not care much less as I don't intend to see it.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

I remember when they said Superman was never in the Legion of Superheroes, nothing matches compared to that. Will miss someone that actually made Clark look suave though.

MEH! It’s only a rumor at this point. I hate the idea (unless they actually do something different with the character), otherwise it sounds stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    Neither. Jimmy Olsen is going to be of such limited importance in any film adaptation that it really wouldn't matter if you made him a trained chimp.
    Yeah, I feel the same way.

I don't care as long as the actor or actress gives a good performance that is all that matters

I keep hoping for a good Superman movie.

This Jenny Olsen thing is just making me believe, despite having a good villain choice...the movie will tank.
    "There comes a time, when even gods must die." - Lex Luthor

Never underestimate a farmboy: Just look at Superman, Luke Skywalker, and Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    its true

I'd accept Jimmy as a 390 pound diabetic African American woman in a wheelchair with Medusa hair and bee hives growing from behind her ears if I could burn that poorly thought out Action cover's image out of my mind permanently.

I'm indifferent. I like Jimmy as a character but it's not going to make me not want to see the movie.
    Did Wonder Woman and Superman just catch an aircraft carrier?

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

I never answered because I felt it was something that didn't really matter... But I just thought about Jimmy being Clark's best friend. Clark was raised in a farm town went to a small school, like any red-blooded American male he wouldn't have a female best friend unless he was gay. It would totally work if his partner at the Planet was Larry Lane though, and then I'd be back in the "doesn't really matter" crowd.

I would make a reference to Jack Larson that may well offend but taste dictates that I shouldn't.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Just like Superman's suit, the movies success or failure has nothing to do with Olsen's sex.
    The only thing that matters is how well written the character is.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!