Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Rob Williams Walks Judge Dredd Into "Closet"

Rob Williams discusses "Judge Dredd: Closet," his upcoming"2000 AD" tale that takes a satirical look at serious issues facing teens today by sending future cop Dredd into the gay club life of Mega-City One.

Full article here.

Awkward

Judge Dredd is not gay and why is this important?! It seems to me that it is one more example of the gay life style being shoved down our throats!!! I will tell you this, just like the new Superman movie that is coming out, this series will bomb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    This sounds cool--is it buyable non-digitally?
    Yes. You can order 2000 AD in print. They solicit 'Prog Packs' which contain a moth's worth of 2000AD. The trouble is they ship late all the time. Like months late. Also because its an import and weekly, 2000 AD can get really expensive.

But yes. 2000 AD Prog packs are solicited in the back of Previews under the publisher 'Rebellion'.

Edit: Though you may be a little late on ordering the issue(s) this story runs. I'll try to dig up the order code to the right Prog Pack for you. If you want to back order them.

chastmastr, I think you're going to want the February 2013 Prog Pack, which was solicited in December. Order code DEC12 1213. Pack will contain Progs 1518-1521. Which should cover this particular Dredd story.

EDIT: Oh wait. Closet starts in 1817. Which would in the Jan 2013 Prog Pack. Who's order code I unfortunately do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Circleoffire View Post
    Judge Dredd is not gay and why is this important?! It seems to me that it is one more example of the gay life style being shoved down our throats!!! I will tell you this, just like the new Superman movie that is coming out, this series will bomb!!!
    I bet you don't even read Judge Dredd.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 01-23-2013 at 12:00 PM.

So, according to you, it's not an important distinction if Dredd is gay but, before you say that, you proclaim that Dredd is not gay. If it's not important, why state he's not gay?

And, by the way, what evidence do you have that he's not gay?
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

And ifail to see why it would bomb. Regular readers will no doubt continue to pick up the Prog. Even if they dont like the Dredd strip theres still 3-4 other stories per issue.

And theres no way in hell Man of Steel will bomb.
    It may not do as well as hoped or fare well critically, but when the average movie goer sees "Superman" and "director of the Dark Knight", bombing is the last thing it'll do.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 01-23-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Would be cool if IDW published this story for North Americans.

I own every issue of 2000ad and the megazine - if you can point out to me where Dredd states that he neither gay or bisexual, I'd love to see it.

Would be even cooler if North Americans just bought the darn original comic the way everybody else in the world does.

(Sorry, decades-old sore point.)

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    This sounds cool--is it buyable non-digitally?
    As The Adventurer suggested in their posts, it's complicated to get hold of outside of the UK.

If you're after just this issue, though, I would suggest eBay is probably your best bet - either that or contact a UK comic store with an online store who I'm sure would be willing to help. In fact, you may be able to order from the 2000AD Online Store!

I'm actually looking forward to this story. It sounds like it could be fun. Sexuality and gender are two topics I've seen little discussion of in 2000AD despite the quirky culture that exists within Mega-City One (which you think would breed such diversity - I mean even the Hedonists in that Judge Dredd/Batman arc didn't seem particularly diverse in that regard), so it's good to see that being addressed with the expected quirkiness of a Judge Dredd strip.

Bring on next week!

If it's not important, why is it so important for you to state your opinion that he's not gay? Even the creators are evasive on that..........

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDad View Post
    Would be even cooler if North Americans just bought the darn original comic the way everybody else in the world does.

(Sorry, decades-old sore point.)

Easier said then done. Even trying to get the trades is difficult. I asked a few LCS and they all said the same thing. Issues were very expensive, often shipped late or not at all.

IMO 2000Ad should of improved their distribution when the last movie came out. Instead they made a deal with IDW.

Wow this looks horrible